The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

Reply 420
Looking at the draw and unless i'm wrong there's a good chance that Dimitrov or Gulbis will be in the semis against Djokovic.

Raonic vs Murray (definitely watching) will be on court at 6pm tomorrow evening.
Reply 421
Original post by MarkP.
That would have been an epic battle!

It's like they're destined to never play each other again! I hope it happens sooner rather than later because it would be such a good match
Reply 422
Murray out too. :frown:
Reply 423
What's got into Dolgopolov? He is playing so well again. Always enjoy watching his funky style.
What a performance from Raonic. He beats Murray, 4-6, 7-5, 6-3. He was really clutch at the right moments, played a superb return game at the end of the second set to break and was an incredible 27/33 at the net. Raonic was shifting on to my overrated list, but looks like there's still a lot of potential for him to win a slam.
Reply 425
Raonic comes through (3-1 head to head actually), good to see.

Original post by Sirocco11
What a performance from Raonic. He beats Murray, 4-6, 7-5, 6-3. He was really clutch at the right moments, played a superb return game at the end of the second set to break and was an incredible 27/33 at the net. Raonic was shifting on to my overrated list, but looks like there's still a lot of potential for him to win a slam.

While Tomic has the youth and shock factor on his side Raonic is by the far the best player under 25, mostly because he's reasonably consistent and has the weapons.
Reply 426
Wawrinka also dumped out by Anderson - his first loss of the year!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Murray still doesn't look back to his best after his injury atm, but Raonic played great from what I caught of the match, the French open is next month? or is it May? can't remember off hand
Reply 428
Original post by SciFiRory
Murray still doesn't look back to his best after his injury atm, but Raonic played great from what I caught of the match, the French open is next month? or is it May? can't remember off hand

French starts in May and finishes in early June :smile:
Reply 429
Wow. Dolgopolov playing the tennis of his life at Indian Wells!

Let's go Fedwrinka! Honestly, they should play doubles more often.
Reply 430
Federer vs Dolgopolov semifinal should be a cracker
Would like to see Gulbis and Djokovic face off as well, although I'm not counting out Isner at all.
Reply 431
Federer through to the Indian Wells final - very convincing win. Dolgopolov has had a pretty good week, I hope he can continue to play well in Miami.

Who's the pick for the 2nd semi-final?
Reply 432
Djokovic is broken mentally. If he gets through to play Federer he'll be destroyed. Djokovic has a lot of soul searching to do because he's a shadow of his former self :frown:
Reply 433
Original post by lizzy95
Djokovic is broken mentally. If he gets through to play Federer he'll be destroyed. Djokovic has a lot of soul searching to do because he's a shadow of his former self :frown:

He's not that broken mentally i don't think. He's just playing a little below his norm.
Reply 434
Stupid Isner lost when he should have won in straight sets. Federer is getting beat tomorrow. :frown:
Reply 435
Original post by Rakas21
He's not that broken mentally i don't think. He's just playing a little below his norm.

He fluffed two chances to close out the match in the 2nd set if that doesn't scream mental fragility I don't know what does :frown:

Good chance for Federer in the final though as he's been the best player in the tournament so far
Reply 436
Original post by Roger1
Stupid Isner lost when he should have won in straight sets. Federer is getting beat tomorrow. :frown:

Please! Nole has been sub par all season Fed should win easily if Djokovic continues in this form. At least he did beat Isner who is always a tricky one :smile:
Reply 437
Original post by lizzy95
Please! Nole has been sub par all season Fed should win easily if Djokovic continues in this form. At least he did beat Isner who is always a tricky one :smile:

The courts are too slow for Federer to win. :frown: Nole was returning almost every ball back into play. He will make a mincemeat out of Federer's serve. :mad:
Reply 438
Original post by lizzy95
He fluffed two chances to close out the match in the 2nd set if that doesn't scream mental fragility I don't know what does :frown:

Good chance for Federer in the final though as he's been the best player in the tournament so far

While a little unusual for Djokovic he's always come through so i wonder if he's just a little demotivated (winning here can't make him number 1 and he's not defending the number 1 spot), i'd still expect a 3 set match.

At any rate with 1 win, 2 finals (at least) and a grand slam semi, Fed should be happy whatever happens.
Reply 439
Original post by Rakas21
While a little unusual for Djokovic he's always come through so i wonder if he's just a little demotivated (winning here can't make him number 1 and he's not defending the number 1 spot), i'd still expect a 3 set match.

At any rate with 1 win, 2 finals (at least) and a grand slam semi, Fed should be happy whatever happens.

I think this should be a competitive match (3 sets, or 2 very tight sets) - it seems like they both really want this title (and I think Djokovic is back with coach Vajda this week - no sign of Boris in the stands)

Quick Reply

Latest