The Student Room Group

OCR English Literature 2014 - 'Volpone' and 'The Wife of Bath's Tale'

Is anyone else studying the above texts? We have to write timed comparative essays on a variation of themes. this week the question is one from January 2013 : '"Life goes on but literary texts must end." In the light of this view, consider the ways in which writers end their texts.' Does anyone have any ideas for an introduction?
Reply 1
Original post by lucysu
Is anyone else studying the above texts? We have to write timed comparative essays on a variation of themes. this week the question is one from January 2013 : '"Life goes on but literary texts must end." In the light of this view, consider the ways in which writers end their texts.' Does anyone have any ideas for an introduction?

I am doing the same two texts, I have been searching for help on how to compare them and I came across a link that might help you for your essay :smile:

http://rhodesliterature.blogspot.co.uk/2014/01/compare-ways-in-which-closing-of-each.html
Thanks for starting this tread. I'm doing the WoB but not Volpone with Tis Pity shes a whore :smile:
Reply 3
I'm doing these two texts also and questioning how to compare their endings, i have a list of questions which we could get asked and one says 'the endings of these texts leave us with unresolved questions' in the light of this view, consider ways in which writers present the endings of their texts.

Quick Reply