The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I'm doing my best to make the answer to that question: No.
Reply 41
Not in the street. Although a woman did ask me if I would be interested in marrying her son if I could ask my mum about it.
Original post by Little Wolf Taima
Yes I know 90% of the time a guy is only going to talk to me randomly because he wants sex from me, I kind of gathered that from enough random assaults, but I have made friends from someone liking a nerdy t shirt I'm wearing or noticing a keyring or seeing me drawing at the bus stop or stuff like that, similar to your bookshop scenario. You can indeed tell alot about people's personality from how they present themselves.

If someone was interested in my choice of reading material I would be very happy and take it as a promising sign that the person is also interesting, interested in me as a person and not just the vagina. In which case I don't feel at all pressured, guilty or debased by giving him the vagina because I want to. Not because he would rather be aggressive or leer at me than talk to me like a human being.

Thanks for the insight! I live in a pretty small town, but I can understand how it'd be strange to approach people on the street in bigger cities.
Original post by bansheeee*
thats exactly the way it should be. why the hell would you think its okay to walk up to someone you don't know and won't leave them alone till they give you their number? Who do men think they are??

If you don't know a human being do not under any circumstances attempt to make conversation ...

Okeydoke , i'll remember that .

Even if the other party is genuinely interested in this guy ?

For the record I don't think its ok for someone to force the other party to consent
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AreebWithaHat
I've seen pics of some of the girls saying they got approached and I can guarantee they're lying.

They're average/below average and some random guy would take time out of his day to try and chat them up? Doubt it...

some bitches are too far up their arse.

Maybe it's because we're SO ****ing ugly that we attract the men that are creepy enough to prey on the ones they think should be insecure and grateful for the attention?
I have and personally I don't like giving my phone number out to people I don't know. I also don't particularly like talking to people on the street who I do not know either. Though a lot of the time people are just being friendly and that's all they're being, I'm still a bit weary of their intentions not because I think that I'm attractive and people will be interested in me but because I know that sometimes it doesn't matter if a person finds you attractive or not for them to treat you with indecency.
I've never had a stranger asking for my number but it's scary/uncomfortable enough when they shout from their cars and beep their horns
Reply 47
Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
If you don't know a human being do not under any circumstances attempt to make conversation ...

For the record I don't think its ok for someone to force the other party to consent

how can the guy know she is interested in them, if they just randomely stop them on the street? it's annoying and intimidating it's not okay to do it and 99 % of the time its unwanted
thats exactly the way it should be. why the hell would you think its okay to walk up to someone you don't know and won't leave them alone till they give you their number? Who do men think they are??

If Ryan Gosling happened to walk up to you while you were out and about and asked you for your number are you telling me you wouldn't give it :colone: ?

This just brings it back to the fact that basically creep = unattractive , if he is attractive enough girls will let their bitch shields down.
Reply 49
So all of these girls saying guys should never approach...how else are men and women meant to meet? Many prefer to date outside their immediate social circle. Considering women are never going to make the first move, what miraculous feat is expected to jump this impossible hoop?

Posted from TSR Mobile

The part you highlighted implies that the other party isn't interested. Attempt at conversation if you want but if the person you're talking to isn't interested don't put them in a situation where they give you their number out of fear
Have been asked for my number, but he wasn't a creep. It was kind of cute, but I wasn't attracted to him so I said no.

Never been asked for my number by a creep, but have been molested on numerous occasions.
how can the guy know she is interested in them, if they just randomely stop them on the street? it's annoying and intimidating it's not okay to do it and 99 % of the time its unwanted

I think outright demanding a girl to stop whatever she's doing to talk to you is stupid but I mean if you just happened to spark up conversation with someone at your bus stop etc and after a long drawn out conversation both parties felt something was there . Is the girl still a victim ?
Original post by yo radical one
I think a lot of guys think their own sexuality is a bad thing, as if liking a girl because she is beautiful is disgusting and something to be hidden away. So long as the man doesn't try to force her, he should just accept rejection and even scorn from the woman, if it all goes badly, what's the worst that could happen? Literally nothing, he never talks with her again and moves on with his life.

Women have always been made to feel ashamed of their sexuality (look up the history of 'hysteria') and ashamed if they attracted men! It distracts them, it means you're a slut. I fyou apprach a man, you'e a slut. Sex makes you dirty an defiled. No man wants used goods blah blah blah But at the same time women are expected to just accept a man's advances otherwise she is being difficult or thinks too highly of herself.

For both genders, the want for sex is demonised.

There is NOTHING WRONG with either sex having sexual feelings. The issue is with mentality when it comes to going about 'getting' it from other people. How you treat people who are 'potential people to get sex from'.

Of course a healthy boy should want sex. And I think it's important I give him lots of fun sexy time. But not if he just expects it like it's a given or doesn't care about much else other than sex. Then I feel cheap and used and hate knowing that the other person sees vagina before the rest of me as a human being.

If you find a girl attractive, you can compliment her without being vulgar. I FIND WOMEN SEXUALLY ATTRACTIVE AS MUCH AS ANY MAN. In fact, probably more.. I love women. Women are hot. But I can't forget to respect them. I don't want to ogle them to the point they are uncomfortable or make them feel awkward. I don't want to make lewd comments. Rejection sucks, I know. I have had many from both genders
If Ryan Gosling happened to walk up to you while you were out and about and asked you for your number are you telling me you wouldn't give it :colone: ?

This just brings it back to the fact that basically creep = unattractive , if he is attractive enough girls will let their bitch shields down.

You're acting like this is only the case with girls. I'm pretty sure if a hot girl and a hideous girl approached a guy, the guy would react very differently to each one.
I think outright demanding a girl to stop whatever she's doing to talk to you is stupid but I mean if you just happened to spark up conversation with someone at your bus stop etc and after a long drawn out conversation both parties felt something was there . Is the girl still a victim ?

Nope. Not at all.
Closest I've come is some dirty trampy woman asking to borrow my phone for a sec. I knew if I gave it to her I'd never see it again.
Original post by Mindless Behavior
The part you highlighted implies that the other party isn't interested. Attempt at conversation if you want but if the person you're talking to isn't interested don't put them in a situation where they give you their number out of fear

Of course i'd never do that.

I just think its quite sad that people in this day and age seem to think that humans should just go about their lives with no contact to the outside world , spending all their time on their phones , only ever talking to someone new when they speak to the person on checkouts etc

Maybe internet dating is just going to become standard and everyone is going to do it.
Original post by Mindless Behavior
You're acting like this is only the case with girls. I'm pretty sure if a hot girl and a hideous girl approached a guy, the guy would react very differently to each one.

At least we don't mask our superficiality though
At least we don't mask our superficiality though

Standard. Nothing wrong with admitting that you'd react differently, it's just most replies from the girls here seem adamant not to admit this

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest