The Student Room Group

Where do you work and how much do you get paid per hour?

Scroll to see replies

I work at Sports Direct and earn 5.80 an hour.
I work part time due to college :biggrin:!
Original post by king0617
Lucky you!!! Where do you work?

Just the local leisure company (they run all the city's pools)
Was working for a global copier and IT firm.
£10.80 an hour prior to tax.
Full time 37.5 hours a week.

Now looking for part time.
Reply 363
I work part time in my local newsagents, its only just down the road from me and not hugely strenuous, just need to be polite. :wink:

However I only earn £4.50 and hour, increasing to £5 an hour when I turn 18 in 6 months time.
Reply 364
Original post by fuzznbass
Ok guess it differs place to place, I'm on £6.54

My brother is a manager at Sainsburys and local stores pay a much higher hourly rate than others. Location also matters (how busy the shop is)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 365
Original post by Agata
My brother is a manager at Sainsburys and local stores pay a much higher hourly rate than others. Location also matters (how busy the shop is)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I work in Sainsburys and I'm pretty sure it's the other way around, with main chain stores getting paid more than convenience.

I earn more than team leaders in the convenience store near me and I am a Band 2. Location allowance relates to how close you are to London, not how busy the store is. Which I think is a bit unfair, but hey.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Swimming teacher on £13.52 an hour, also own my own lifeguard/first aid training company.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 367
Original post by Alarae
I work in Sainsburys and I'm pretty sure it's the other way around, with main chain stores getting paid more than convenience.

I earn more than team leaders in the convenience store near me and I am a Band 2. Location allowance relates to how close you are to London, not how busy the store is. Which I think is a bit unfair, but hey.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you sure? The local right next to my house paid 7.40 an hour whereas the bigger Sainsburys down the road (almost same shift) was 6.50.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alarae

Posted from TSR Mobile

I get paid £5.01 in a main store, we don't even get any extra money for overtime it's ****.
Original post by Agata

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah makes sense, i got a raise in line with inflation anyway recently so that's good :smile:
Reply 370
Original post by Agata
Are you sure? The local right next to my house paid 7.40 an hour whereas the bigger Sainsburys down the road (almost same shift) was 6.50.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's what I was told, because I thought it was a pretty crap arrangement considering convenience workers do twice the work for worse pay.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 371
Original post by AwsomePossum
I get paid £5.01 in a main store, we don't even get any extra money for overtime it's ****.

Yowch, that's... Really low. I'm close to London though (Reading) so I get £7.40 p/h.

Couldn't imagine working for that little now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Alarae
Yowch, that's... Really low. I'm close to London though (Reading) so I get £7.40 p/h.

Couldn't imagine working for that little now :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

They get what they pay for. Nobody does anything, the only thing I put effort into is helping customers. People eat stuff out of the warehouse, kick broken glass out of the way etc.

I don't know of anyone who's not trying to find a better job.
Shop floor assistant at ASDA
Part time - 16 hours
£6.60/hour. Great student job.
How old are you? , because I'm thinking of applying for maccies but I need to know what there minimum wage is
I work at Burger King, minimum wage.

Living the dream.
Hey everyone,

I'm applying for a part time job at a restaurant and beside working hours it states '5 Hours of work' and nothing else, do you think this is a single day for 35 hours per week? Cause I've not left school yet hah!

I checked the other job titles and they all said 'Full time' or '10 hours a week' too.

Cheers
Original post by MichGaughan97
Hey everyone,

I'm applying for a part time job at a restaurant and beside working hours it states '5 Hours of work' and nothing else, do you think this is a single day for 35 hours per week? Cause I've not left school yet hah!

I checked the other job titles and they all said 'Full time' or '10 hours a week' too.

Cheers

When a vacancy specifies the number of hours a job is for, it usually means hours per week... so I am assuming it would be five hours per week. It can help to contact the restaurant just to clarify; better safe than sorry.
Reply 378
Jd sports £5.35 an hour when I was 20
By the way it's a terrible place to work unless your on footwear
self employed, about £30-£50 per hour 8-15 hours a week

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending