The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jaegon Targaryen
If Ryan Gosling happened to walk up to you while you were out and about and asked you for your number are you telling me you wouldn't give it :colone: ?

This just brings it back to the fact that basically creep = unattractive , if he is attractive enough girls will let their bitch shields down.

Um, no. I don't know him and I don't want to be a celebritity's plaything. I've had enough of being blackmailed and manipulated and humiliated as someone's sex toy. I had to cut off contact with that guy. And he was strikingly gorgeous and absolutely loaded.
Reply 61
If Ryan Gosling happened to walk up to you while you were out and about and asked you for your number are you telling me you wouldn't give it :colone: ?

This just brings it back to the fact that basically creep = unattractive , if he is attractive enough girls will let their bitch shields down.

exactly, so if you are ugly don't ask girls for their number
Of course i'd never do that.

I just think its quite sad that people in this day and age seem to think that humans should just go about their lives with no contact to the outside world , spending all their time on their phones , only ever talking to someone new when they speak to the person on checkouts etc

Maybe internet dating is just going to become standard and everyone is going to do it.

People are just more comfortable talking to people they know. When meeting new people, I feel safer when the new person is at least a friend of a friend.
Reply 63
Original post by majmuh24

Funny how it's creepy if it's an unattractive guy, but if a good looking guy does it no one seems to be bothered.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No. Its creepy. Regardless of how the guy looks (and every other possible factor to consider etc). If you don't know the girl and approach her for her number in the street then you = creepy.

FYI - asking again over a number of days won't change her mind either. :s-smilie:
Reply 64
Original post by yo radical one
I have this idea of some guy offering you a saucer of milk and waving some string at you, expecting you to chase it :colondollar:

That's slightly less terrifying, yet oddly creepy and amusing to imagine haha

Some people here are just desperate to believe this is true. I'll spell it out once and for all, shall I?

If a good looking guy approaches a woman, yeah she is probably more likely to give out her number or give him some of her time. This doesn't give him the CHANCE to act like a creep - i.e the way a man reacts AFTER he's been rejected.

An "ugly" guy can ask for a number, if we aren't interested and say no thanks, he can either accept that and move on (STILL NOT CREEPY) or keep pestering for the number and become intimidating/a nuisance (CREEPY).

The nice looking guy could still be a massive creep, we just probably won't find out until later once he's successfully bedded us and posted a video of it on the internet.
I would have said me but just the other day for the first time someone asked for my number...
Original post by Little Wolf Taima
. I fyou apprach a man, you'e a slut.

I don't know one person who thinks this.

With regards to the thread, I don't think creepy is as clear cut as good/bad-looking. It's more to do with behaviour. (I should say that I've never approached a girl in the street though).
No this has never happened to me. If it did, I wouldn't think the guy was a creep. I'd be flattered. I'd just politely tell him I'm not available.
OP wouldn't you consider Kim Jung Un creepy?
Reply 70
You're only creepy if you're ugly, if you're good looking then it's completely fine.

Logic
Reply 71
Original post by Bashur
You're only creepy if you're ugly, if you're good looking then it's completely fine.

Logic

Lol, pretty much. Reminds me of this video

[video="youtube;hbeEuYAZFL4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbeEuYAZFL4[/video]
Any that aren't hot. :colonhash:

Funny how it's creepy if it's an unattractive guy, but if a good looking guy does it no one seems to be bothered.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope. Not for me, anyway. I've been approached by a guy I thought was good looking. That all changed when he started to talk. He sounded so entitled, as though my saying yes was a given. I said no and he called me a "****ing ugly bitch". I just started laughing and he walked away angrily. Most guys have been that way with me. I'm instantly hideous after I say no LOL.
ITT: Ugly girls lie about how everyone approaches them in real life. Self entitlement at it's best.

It's not creepy to ask for someones number in the street. Believe it or not, apart from the fact that there were no phones; people thirty years ago used to talk to each other! And it wasn't online... Kids these days..
Original post by Little Wolf Taima
Um, no. I don't know him and I don't want to be a celebritity's plaything. I've had enough of being blackmailed and manipulated and humiliated as someone's sex toy. I had to cut off contact with that guy. And he was strikingly gorgeous and absolutely loaded.

Lmao. Lies. Lies. Everywhere.
Reply 75
Some creepy things happened to me, but no one ever asked me for my number. They were more direct than that. I just think some guys want to play the numbers game and ask out any girl that is walking alone and seemingly healthy.
Any that aren't hot. :colonhash:

Posted from TSR Mobile

[video="youtube;g0vwo_TvFPQ"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g0vwo_TvFPQ&list=PL593D4 3AB4F6F7791[/video]

^That video sums it up perfectly.
Original post by Machop
Lol, pretty much. Reminds me of this video

[video="youtube;hbeEuYAZFL4"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hbeEuYAZFL4[/video]

Tooo GOOD :lol:
Reply 78
Nope, never happened to me.
i know the gyalies saying no are from outter londin

Latest