The Student Room Group

Who's your favourite video game villain?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Colonel_Mael_Radec_by_cliodx.jpg

Colonel Radec from Killzone 2... Then they killed him off and we were left with Orlock and Stahl.
Krauser from the RE series. Anyone played the Darkside Chronicles on the Wii? The bonus chapter in which you play as Krauser when he was a "good guy" alongside Leon and you can hear him turning evil through his internal monologue... brilliant.
Reply 42
Sephiroth from FF7, always thought he was pretty bad ass, most other FF villains haven't came close imo,

I'd also say Ganon/Ganondorf etc from the Zelda series
Original post by LukeM90
(...)
I'd also say Ganon/Ganondorf etc from the Zelda series

Ganondorf in Ocarina of time is the best in my opinion. An overconvince, powerful and bad laughing villain whose I have had always the impression he is the pure personification of evil.
Reply 44
Armstrong from Metal Gear Rising. Yikes.
Original post by Kallisto
Ganondorf in Ocarina of time is the best in my opinion. An overconvince, powerful and bad laughing villain whose I have had always the impression he is the pure personification of evil.

Ganondorf's a fitting good choice :yep: I quite like this depiction, though of course they're actually the same Ganondorf :tongue:

Zarok from the Medievil games. He used to freak me out when I was a kid :tongue:
Original post by Illusionary
Ganondorf's a fitting good choice :yep: I quite like this depiction, though of course they're actually the same Ganondorf :tongue:

Its the windwaker, isn't it? the picture looks nice.

I also like so-called mad scientists. That's why Dr. Wily from Mega Man series and Dr. Eggman from Sonic series counts to my favorites too. But the very best villain in video games in my opinion would be a mix of Ganondorf and mad scientist. Do you know some of them?
(edited 10 years ago)
Its the windwaker, isn't it? the picture looks nice.

I also like so-called mad scientists. That's why Dr. Wily from Mega Man series and Dr. Eggman from Sonic series counts to my favorites too. But the very best villain in video games in my opinion would be a mix of Ganondorf and mad scientist. Do you know some of them?

Yep, that's from Wind Waker, and yep, I know of both of the two 'mad scientists' that you mention - two other good choices. :yy:
Good to know that you know both of them, but I am afraid that you have misunderstood me. I asked you for villain characters in video games which have the characteristics of Ganondorf AND a mad scientist. Is there any character which come into your mind?
Good to know that you know both of them, but I am afraid that you have misunderstood me. I asked you for villain characters in video games which have the characteristics of Ganondorf AND a mad scientist. Is there any character which come into your mind?

Ah, I see - my apologies! :colondollar: No-one comes to mind, though, I'm afraid. :nah:
Reply 51
Gotta be generic bad guy from Uncharted 1.
Hmm, or generic Russian from Uncharted 2.
Or... generic English guy from Uncharted 2.

Can't decide.
The illusive man out of Mass Effect ^^
me__illusive_man_by_chacou-d3r6d6s.jpg
Original post by RHCPfan
Albert Wesker.

Ver, very good choice! a character which came not into my mind! shame on me! an unscrupolous villain who tried to create a better human race.
Handsome Jack from Borderlands 2, cool guy.
Runners-up go to Vaas from Far Cry 3 or Glados from Portal.
Original post by Jjj90
Gotta be generic bad guy from Uncharted 1.
Hmm, or generic Russian from Uncharted 2.
Or... generic English guy from Uncharted 2.

Can't decide.

[h="2"]ge·ner·ic[/h] [juh-ner-ik] Show IPA
adjective Also, ge·ner·i·cal. 1.of, applicable to, or referring to all the members of a genus, class, group, or kind; general.

2.of, pertaining to, or noting a genus, especially in biology.

3.(of a word) applicable or referring to both men and women: a generic pronoun.

4.not protected by trademark registration: “Cola” and “shuttle” are generic terms.

I don't think generic means what you think it means.
Reply 56
Ver, very good choice! a character which came not into my mind! shame on me! an unscrupolous villain who tried to create a better human race.

The guy is purely out for himself.
Original post by RHCPfan
The guy is purely out for himself.

He is the pure evil of his way. He is not comparable, just one of a kind.
Perhaps in Heavy Rain

Spoiler

Uka Uka?
Original post by Jargogle
I want to know which video game villain you like the most. It can be based on any factor; how evil they are, how intelligent they are, how difficult they are to defeat in the game that they feature in, it can be anything at all.

My favourite would have to be Dr. Nitrus Brio from the Crash Bandicoot series. I know the most obvious choice would be Dr. Neo Cortex, but I've never really liked him very much. In my opinion, he's just never seemed as villainous when compared to Brio, especially since Brio has always been more intelligent than Cortex. I mean fair enough, Cortex is certainly evil enough to be classed as a villain and he's certainly more evil than Brio, but the fact that he takes the credit for Brio's hard work just makes him seem like, frankly, a rather pathetic villain.

It was Brio that created the evolvo ray, as well as the mutagenic toxin that he uses to turn himself into a gigantic, hulking beast in order to combat Crash. Whereas Cortex does hardly anything, certainly in the first Crash Bandicoot anyway.

Shin Akuma in Street Fighter Alpha 3
Omega Rugal In King of Fighters 2002 Unlimited Match

Quick Reply

Latest