The Student Room Group

Southampton BM6 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 820
Wish I had an interview. so upset
Original post by theworld
Wish I had an interview. so upset

:frown: Unfortunately most people don't get interviews. It's disappointing but if you're determined, don't let it knock you down.
Original post by BethaneyJ
But now there is only 96 interviews so stats looking better. Getting an interview is a huge achievement alone :smile:

Reasonable travel fees. All students will get it reimbursed
it said reasonable candidates' travel expenses in the email I just checked but thanks for clarification
Original post by June-2013
it said reasonable candidates' travel expenses in the email I just checked but thanks for clarification

Perhaps it is - reasonable "candidate-travel-expenses" not "reasonable candidate" travel expenses.
Reply 824
:frown: Unfortunately most people don't get interviews. It's disappointing but if you're determined, don't let it knock you down.

I really have no idea what to do!
Perhaps it is - reasonable "candidate-travel-expenses" not "reasonable candidate" travel expenses.

i really hope so i went for the cheapest option coach but thatstill is reallly expensive its going to be like 8 hours on the coach :frown:
Reply 826
I cant believe I just got an Interview invite today!! :O
Original post by Daryaa1
I cant believe I just got an Interview invite today!! :O

Wow!!!! You're so lucky I'm jealous and sad. :frown:
Congratulations
Reply 829

Hi Bethany,
does a lot of questions on ethics come up in the interview and if so which common topics shud we go over?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 830
Original post by Limitless!
Haha sometimes I wish I was like that, It makes me so jittery!

Oh I see! That's quite a journey then. I'm travelling from Grantham :smile: I booked my tickets and hotel like a week ago!

Why are you having trouble with it, exactly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'd like to retract that comment :biggrin:
Tickets are booked, I got an open return and the hotel is also booked.
Is it me or were the hotels they recommended really expensive?
Thankfully I didn't have to worry about the cost, my brother offered to pay but he did say he thought the hotel was too expensive and so he booked a night in some kind of run down looking one..

AH WELL!
Original post by Tammi_8
I'd like to retract that comment :biggrin:
Tickets are booked, I got an open return and the hotel is also booked.
Is it me or were the hotels they recommended really expensive?
Thankfully I didn't have to worry about the cost, my brother offered to pay but he did say he thought the hotel was too expensive and so he booked a night in some kind of run down looking one..

AH WELL!

Haha :biggrin:
Open return?! Isn't that a lot more expensive?

Good to hear you've sorted it though! :smile:
Yeah they were! Although they are the closest ones to the university.

Aw what a nice brother! You can get £100 reimbursed by the university by the way!

Where have you booked your hotel? Mine is at "Star hotel" :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hello, all!

I have an interview but I just wanted to ask a quick question! Does anyone know of any opportunities to study abroad as part of the BM6 course? I just wondered as King's have a scheme in place!

Thanks,

Yasmine
Original post by zab786
Hi Bethany,
does a lot of questions on ethics come up in the interview and if so which common topics shud we go over?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I can't say as everyone has different experiences.

Original post by YasmineCherfi
Hello, all!

I have an interview but I just wanted to ask a quick question! Does anyone know of any opportunities to study abroad as part of the BM6 course? I just wondered as King's have a scheme in place!

Thanks,

Yasmine

There is the elective and people go to other unis to do masters/BScs etc. We do our elective obviously and I think there is a chance to study in Germany for a few. :smile:
Oh the interview is so soon! I'm packing for tomorrow....It's all becoming so real now :redface:
I can't say as everyone has different experiences.

Hi Bethaney, do you think I should bring my GCSE/AS certificates, even though it doesn't actually ask for them in the email?
hey Bethany would wearing a suit for a girl be okay?
Original post by Limitless!
Hi Bethaney, do you think I should bring my GCSE/AS certificates, even though it doesn't actually ask for them in the email?

It can't hurt to bring them, but if it doesn't say to bring them then it shouldn't be necessary :smile:

A suit is fine, but I don't think most girls will as most female doctors don't. I didn't (I went with black trousers and a fancy top thing with a jumper) but if a suit will make you feel more comfortable, then that is a good shout!

I'll be wearing a blazer too, so don't worry about being the only girl wearing one :biggrin:
Good luck everyone with regards to tomorrow! :smile:

I personally feel really nervous and excited, can't wait till the interview is over though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending