The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by L'Evil Fish
Hahaha, they're the thin crust ones, with nice veg!

Deep fried pan are good too though :coma:

Deep pan you mean? haha

I'm gonna add hot sauce to it, like how I do with most foods !
Original post by James A
Deep pan you mean? haha

I'm gonna add hot sauce to it, like how I do with most foods !

Loool, I said fried because my mum made fried chicken :rofl:

Hmmmm... What kind of hot sauce? Actually hot sauce would work well
You can't beat Dominos, unless you're talking Pizza Hut but they don't deliver to my area. Dominos tastes so heavenly...
Reply 83
I love dominos on a special occasions/house parties(once spent £90 at a house party on dominos but don't fret, had a half price voucher)

But I also agree that Asda does a nice pizza one of the best store bought ones I've had.

I also thoroughly enjoy making my own when I have the time and patience, which is a rarity
Original post by L'Evil Fish
Loool, I said fried because my mum made fried chicken :rofl:

Hmmmm... What kind of hot sauce? Actually hot sauce would work well

oh yeah I see :cute:

Tabasco sauce :yep: but Nando's hot peri-peri sauce will do me fine. I always like things on the hot side.
Original post by James A
oh yeah I see :cute:

Tabasco sauce :yep: but Nando's hot peri-peri sauce will do me fine. I always like things on the hot side.

I like it spicy :colone:

Nandos is so over rated :colonhash: boiled chicken with sauce lol

Come to think of it, Dominoes isn't even that good.
So I'm not a huge fan of pizza, I prefer the side orders :sogood: I like the pizza hut sides the best the potato skins with cheese and bacon so yummy!
Original post by James A
I couldn't find an ASDA in town :nooo:

I will buy one when I'm back in London, hopefully I'll be satisfied.

Love the Asda pizzas!
The two for £5, not the Chicago town ones!

Especially when dipped in BBQ sauce!

EDIT:
I had the unfortunate pleasure of indulging on binge eating junk food this weekend which consisted of 3 pot noodles, 2 of these pizzas and a whole pack of Tesco custard creams. =(

I am on a diet and don't normally feel hungry, but, since this weekend, I find myself hungry more often. D=

Start on diet September 2013 (when I started uni)

To date have lost around 9lbs

Now I aim to lose another half a stone to a stone...

Starting weight was 11 Stone, 1 Pound and am 5'7.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Scienceisgood
Love the Asda pizzas!
The two for £5, not the Chicago town ones!

Especially when dipped in BBQ sauce!

EDIT:
I had the unfortunate pleasure of indulging on binge eating junk food this weekend which consisted of 3 pot noodles, 2 of these pizzas and a whole pack of Tesco custard creams. =(

I am on a diet and don't normally feel hungry, but, since this weekend, I find myself hungry more often. D=

Start on diet September 2013 (when I started uni)

To date have lost around 9lbs

Now I aim to lose another half a stone to a stone...

Starting weight was 11 Stone, 1 Pound and am 5'7.

Whenever you feel hungry, drink water! It should keep your stomach in check until the next meal of the day. That's what I do! Or make sure you have a fruit ready!

Now that im away from uni for the week break, at home, I'm tempted to eat more food. At uni I purposely didn't stock up on alot of food in my flat.

When food is around you, it's tempting, but when it isn't, it's possible to survive with little!
Original post by ahha
My flatmates always ask to have a Pizza night, and it costs like £20 or so to order from Dominos Pizza! I don't feel right asking them why not just get one from Tescos and put it on the oven...its only £2-3 that way!

Just wanted to know why people actually order pizza rather than just buying it!

Is it just the ease of delivery? Or taste? Or something else?

I'm prob awkward in this!

So that they can complain that student finance doesn't give them enough money.
Reply 90
Because when I've just finished a fudge ton of uni work at 3am, I cannot simply pop down to Tesco, but I can get it delivered right to my door.

Also, different tastes, much softer base, more sauces and made there :smile:
Original post by James A
Whenever you feel hungry, drink water! It should keep your stomach in check until the next meal of the day. That's what I do! Or make sure you have a fruit ready!

Now that im away from uni for the week break, at home, I'm tempted to eat more food. At uni I purposely didn't stock up on alot of food in my flat.

When food is around you, it's tempting, but when it isn't, it's possible to survive with little!

I know what you mean, but, why do the bad diet foods feel so good when they are so bad... :frown:
I'd choose a pizza out the freezer over dominoes any day. Dominoes is gross. As is most take away pizza in my view. Except Pizza Hut. I love a Pizza Hut. But I'll only go for the lunch buffet really. All about the salad there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Never had dominoes and I hate kebab pizza.
Supermarket pizza can be okay.

Pizza hut though :coma:
Original post by james1211
I love how people make these threads, never bother to reply back to anyone to counter the arguments and everyone ends up arguing with each other while the OP sits back and watches the fallout.

Happens far too much on here. Why make a thread asking something controvertial if you aren't going to bother to reply?

Are you being serious or am I missing the joke? In what way is this topic controversial?
Reply 95
Most cheap pizza's are gross in my opinion, icelands ones are dead sloppy and watery mostly (though the higher priced ones aren't so bad)

asda/Tesco cheap ones are pretty bland and plain I think but asda do a stuffed crust one for a few quid which is quite nice, all be it small lol

from my experience my "favorite" "cheap" pizzas are as follows

1. Spar "taste of Italy" pizzas, they come in a green box and you can get 2 for £5 in most spar stores I've been too, they are a decent size and are chilled not frozen.

2. Lidl "Alfredo" chilled peperoni pizza, its usually near the lasagnes of the same brand in the chiller, think its only about £2 (at my local lidl anyway) and seems pretty nice pizza for the price.

3.Iceland "stuff crust cheese pizza" costs £2 (marked on box) and is actually very nice imo despite my prior comments on their other products lol.

4. Asda "stuffed crust" again I said its about 3-4 quid (cant remember) but definitely more pricey than the previous 3, a really nice pizza though, chilled not frozen usually comes in a tan color box with a garlic dip included.

I do get dominos sometimes but I usually would only get that on "2 for Tuesday" deal otherwise I think its a bit too expensive personally, but when I cant splash out for that or just want a cheap pizza, the above are my usual "go-to" ones, try them out I like them and hope you do too!
Reply 96
Goodfellas pizza with mozzarella cheese under 3 pounds :love: :sogood: In general, the only pizza I eat is with mozzarella cheese :teehee:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 97
Omg I just cant believe this got 98 posts including mine

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 98
Original post by exlunu
Omg I just cant believe this got 98 posts including mine

Posted from TSR Mobile

People have strong opinions regarding their pizzas.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 99
Pizza from a takeaway usually tastes better. As others have said the fresh pizzas from Asda are pretty good though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending