The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by caraniel
Second season of Durarara!! announced this morning.....I am beside myself with excitement!!! :woo:

Finally :biggrin:.

Spoiler

Reply 6621
Original post by Scienceisgood
Most anticipated animes of 2014 guys?

Oh man, I completely forgot about ufotable's adaptation of Fate/Stay Night! I'm not a massive TypeMoon fan but I am definitely looking forward to that :smile:
those last few mins of the latest Nisekoi so cute :h:
Reply 6623
I've also been waiting impatiently for Fairy Tail to continue. So much so that I read the manga when the anime halted. I generally tend not to look into upcoming anime, unless related to something I'm already watching, or have watched. The reason for this is that I like being surprised by new shows each season. :smile: I'm also looking forward to the next season of Sword Art Online. I enjoyed the first season, and with the light novels I got up to the middle of the Alfheim Online arc before drifting to a stop.

I'm currently loving Hunter x Hunter (my favourite anime series, since watching the original series from 1999), One Piece (second fave), and Uchuu Kyoudai. I've also been enjoying Log Horizon quite a bit. Others I'm watching and have been enjoying are Golden Time, D-Frag, Samurai Flamenco, Nisekoi, and Gin no Saji 2.

I wish they would revisit the world of Tiger & Bunny, in a TV show. I have yet to watch the latest movie though, so I'll give that a go at some point.
What did people think of Sword Art Online? Just started the first few episodes.. Hope it slows down! :tongue:
Original post by Nirgilis
What did people think of Sword Art Online? Just started the first few episodes.. Hope it slows down! :tongue:

The first couple of episodes got off to a good start... then it turned into an episodic harem building show. Then it remembered it had a plot, and rushed that to a barely passable conclusion. Then it carried on into a godawful second arc that made all the above flaws completely forgiveable in comparison. Male protagonist was bland and overpowered throughout.

I wish I understood why it was so popular. :hmmmm2:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AngryJellyfish
The first couple of episodes got off to a good start... then it turned into an episodic harem building show. Then it remembered it had a plot, and rushed that to a barely passable conclusion. Then it carried on into a godawful second arc that made all the above flaws completely forgiveable in comparison. Male protagonist was bland and overpowered throughout.

I wish I understood why it was so popular. :hmmmm2:

:tongue: . Would have hoped for it to avoid all that, but hey ho, on we go :tongue: . Thanks for you input anyhow :h: . Get to sit down next week for the first time since Christmas and actually do some TV-watching :colone: . May spend my time on something else now however :wink:
Original post by eugenius 8
those last few mins of the latest Nisekoi so cute :h:

I am enjoying nisekoi more than I thought I would... I think it's because some of the characters seem so familiar :tongue:
I don't really know where the next 10 episodes will go though, the overall story seems to be quite close to the end. Hopefully not too much filler.
Original post by Nirgilis

Awful. Great potential, but after setting up what might have been an interesting story they just blew it all away for fan service.

Actually, I say fan service but I don't really know what happened towards the end. It just became bizarre. I mean, some shows take a nose dive because they become too focused on the harem part (e.g. Infinite stratos, ZnT, etc.) but what Sword art online did was definitely worse.
Reply 6628
As mentioned before, I personally liked Sword Art Online. But then I've found that my tolerance level is pretty high, for anime/TV/movies that others deem bad. I get too engrossed in the storylines and characters to be able to take a step back and realise that a show may be cliche or bad or whatever. That tends to lead me to enjoy shows that others may dismiss. I find that I'll often enjoy an episode or movie, go online to see what critics think, and find it was panned.

That being said, as far as shows about MMOs go, I like Log Horizon more than SAO. It focuses more on the game world and what's going on inside it, feeling, at times, more like a depiction of an MMORPG. I have yet to check out .Hack. I just remember waiting impatiently for the games to be localised (something which I thought would never happen, back then; though, I never got around to playing them either, when the finally were!).
damn that was a good ep of Chuuni, poor girl :sad: im liking where this is going, its probs overtaken Nisekoi as my fave of this season :yes:

Original post by Llewellyn
I am enjoying nisekoi more than I thought I would... I think it's because some of the characters seem so familiar :tongue:
I don't really know where the next 10 episodes will go though, the overall story seems to be quite close to the end. Hopefully not too much filler.

love all the characters, i just find them absolutely hilarious and they complement each other well, those facial expressions :rofl:

hmmm im thinking the opposite, i feel its dragging a bit :tongue: im not enjoying it as much as those first 4/5 eps which i loved, still good though :yep:
(edited 10 years ago)
Read the first three volumes of The Flowers of Evil and was ridiculously impressed by it - probably one of the strongest opening arcs to a manga I have ever read. Got volumes 4 to 8 all ready so looking forward to reading them. Don't think it will appeal to everyone as it isn't exactly a nice story but I just find it so fascinating to read.
Original post by TroyAndAbed
Read the first three volumes of The Flowers of Evil and was ridiculously impressed by it - probably one of the strongest opening arcs to a manga I have ever read. Got volumes 4 to 8 all ready so looking forward to reading them. Don't think it will appeal to everyone as it isn't exactly a nice story but I just find it so fascinating to read.

if you mean Aku no Hana, yeah found it a really interesting read as well, got up to volume 6 i think a year ago then they stopped scanlating it for a while leaving such a cliffhanger and i never got back to it :s-smilie:
i killed the thread :yeah:

latest chuuni, another great ep, but a bit disappointed it kinda just ended like that with shichimiya :sad:

vanishment this world :awesome: that engrish lol, gets me everytime :teehee:
Started watching fullmetal alchemist brotherhood for the first time after hearing people rave about it :smile: I haven't watched either series but went for the apparently better brotherhood.
HUNTER X HUNTER EPISODE 116!!!

Literally one of the best single anime episodes I've ever seen
i have watched death note and i really like it can anyone recommend any other anime series that is similar in terms of the smartness of the plot and storyline??

I heard about Black God a south korean series has anyone seen it? any good??
Original post by PostKeynesian
i have watched death note and i really like it can anyone recommend any other anime series that is similar in terms of the smartness of the plot and storyline??

I heard about Black God a south korean series has anyone seen it? any good??

Code Geass and Monster are my usual recommendations for Death Note fans, since they share similar themes and are great at building up suspense and drama. :yes: I'd also suggest Gankutsuou, Psycho-Pass and/or Shiki. :smile:

As for Black God/Kurokami... I remember it having plenty of action and a decent soundtrack, so would recommend it on that basis if you're a fan of well animated and directed fight scenes. Can't remember much about the plot behind it all, though. :redface:
A friend is selling a load of manga on ebay at the moment, if anyone's interested. Mostly yaoi oneshots, but there's a few complete series there, including Rozen Maiden (out of print and rare), Samurai Champloo (not an adaptation of the anime, but extra stories with the same fun characters) and Ayashi no Ceres. :smile:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/pudding_earl_22/m.html?_nkw&_armrs=1&_ipg&_from
Reply 6638
Original post by Entrepreneur123
HUNTER X HUNTER EPISODE 116!!!

Literally one of the best single anime episodes I've ever seen

Heh, another Hunter x Hunter lover? :biggrin: Yes, that episode was so intense!! There are a few episodes in this battle that have been fantastic! The latest one (121) also being an example. I love the show's use of narration and internal character thoughts to add depth to the characters, and so many considerations and justifications for every possible action characters could or do take. Only show I've seen, with just as interesting narration, is Kaiji - and funnily enough, the voice actor for the narrator of Kaiji also voices Youpi in HxH! Sounds the same in both, too.

This clip is what made me watch Kaiji. I just found it so funny!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OeLxUVACQF0
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6639
Just started rewatching Chihayafuru today... I didn't really decide to do it, but I had to watch the first ep and then I couldn't help myself! I really love this show more than anything else. Oh season 3, come quickly!

Latest

Trending

Trending