The Student Room Group

a levels

I have only two months left for my exams genuinely worried is doing the pastpapers the best way as that is what I have been doing ...

thanks ! X

Posted from TSR Mobile
What subjects do you do? It can be more helpful for some than for others :smile:
Reply 2
For maths/chem/bio I believe it is, I have a stock of past papers in my room ready for the next few months :biggrin:
Reply 3
im doing maths chem bio!
Reply 4
these are the subjects im taking !!!
Reply 5
I really hope doing past papers is the best way coz seriously not much time left !!! do you guys know if all the syllabus is covered in the pp? :smile:
hehe i'm doing maths bio chem as well! what exam boards are you on?
Also I think one of my teachers once said there's a weird law or something that means they have to include everything off the syllabus over a four year period so if you do all the past papers from a range of 4 years hopefully it should cover everything
Reply 8
edexcel :smile:

really ?! never knew that!! thanks for telling me ! it applies to all three subjects yea?

coz im doing it as a private candidate so I've to self study pretty much everything D: thank you so much again!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Past papers are amazing!
yes I think so :smile:
wow that must be hard! I'm on edexcel for maths and OCR for the other two but I'm sure I can think of some other stuff to help, have you used exam solutions for maths?
Reply 11
im currently using edexcel revision guides for chem and cgp revision guide for biology! but I didn't really read every single page of them instead I spent most of my time in copying notes from the mark schemes im really worried that I might miss some important parts but that's the only thing I can do doing as and a2 all at once !!

Posted from TSR Mobile
well http://www.examsolutions.net has video solutions for all the maths past papers if you don't know why you got a question wrong. I use the CGP revision guides too, one of the things I'm currently doing is going through each spread and answering the 'exam questions' box at the bottom of the page, that can have some obscure stuff in and since there's one for each little topic it should cover everything. Copying from the markschemes is always good though because then you know the exact wording to use and stuff. Also http://www.hodderplus.co.uk/myrevisionnotes/ has loads of quizzes on but not for your exam board, could still be useful though
Reply 13
Original post by antemgee
I really hope doing past papers is the best way coz seriously not much time left !!! do you guys know if all the syllabus is covered in the pp? :smile:

I'd say it covers Atleast 75%, I always go through the nelson thorns book to be safe and pick out things to expand on
Reply 14
Original post by Cryinglightning
well http://www.examsolutions.net has video solutions for all the maths past papers if you don't know why you got a question wrong. I use the CGP revision guides too, one of the things I'm currently doing is going through each spread and answering the 'exam questions' box at the bottom of the page, that can have some obscure stuff in and since there's one for each little topic it should cover everything. Copying from the markschemes is always good though because then you know the exact wording to use and stuff. Also http://www.hodderplus.co.uk/myrevisionnotes/ has loads of quizzes on but not for your exam board, could still be useful though

thanks! the websites are really useful!! esp the maths one!

that sounds like a really good method! but im using the 2003 edition for the cgp guide heard that theres a change of syllabus so i can really rely on it plus i dont have that much time :tongue: fingers crossed i have to secure an ABB ! S:
Reply 15
Original post by OHNOGEM
I'd say it covers Atleast 75%, I always go through the nelson thorns book to be safe and pick out things to expand on

awesome! do you know how many percentage to i have to score for an A / B? thanks :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by antemgee
awesome! do you know how many percentage to i have to score for an A / B? thanks :smile:

Around 75/100 marks for the papers if you mean marks, if you wanna secure an A or at least a B do all the papers consistently until you're getting 90+/100 on every paper! It's worked for me so far :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending