The Student Room Group

International Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by pkozman
Anyone hear back from Nottingham?

I emailed them out of frustration and learnt that I was rejected. Have you heard?
Reply 181
Original post by Willois
I emailed them out of frustration and learnt that I was rejected. Have you heard?

I emailed them twice last week and the week before, still nothing even though they said theyd get back to me this week. Ill send them an email now
Reply 182
Has anyone heard back from Belfast? Xx:redface:
Offer from Glasgow received today

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 184
Original post by pkozman
I emailed them twice last week and the week before, still nothing even though they said theyd get back to me this week. Ill send them an email now

I had my interview Feb 7th but I'm waiting to hear back beyond that. :frown:
Reply 185
Does anyone have anything from Barts?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 186
Original post by Willois
Does anyone have anything from Barts?

Posted from TSR Mobile

not yet! the wait is KILLING me

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 187
Anyone hear from Durham? It seems that most if not all of the schools are aiming to get back to us by the 31st.
Original post by starcloud
not yet! the wait is KILLING me

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nothing from Barts either!

Hey Starcloud, maybe my memory is dwindling but are you also holding an offer from King's? I think we've spoken before about this because I'm in a similar position. Have you had new thoughts about the whole King's vs. Barts “predicament”?

P.S My Barts interview went quite horrendously so I may not get an offer and this thinking may all be a waste of time. :P
Original post by pkozman
Anyone hear from Durham? It seems that most if not all of the schools are aiming to get back to us by the 31st.

Hey pkozman. :smile: :smile: How are you doing? Any news on the Durham/King's front? Fingers crossed it'll all be good news for you from here on!
Reply 190
Original post by Cephalosporin
Hey pkozman. :smile: :smile: How are you doing? Any news on the Durham/King's front? Fingers crossed it'll all be good news for you from here on!

Hey! No news from King's! But i received an offer from Durham yesterday, so I'm feeling pretty good. You're firming King's correct?
Original post by pkozman
Hey! No news from King's! But i received an offer from Durham yesterday, so I'm feeling pretty good. You're firming King's correct?

Wooot!! Congratulations!!!!!! See! All those trips you made from Canada to England were well worth it, yes? :smile:

:smile: Do you think you will firm Durham?
Wahaha, I don't know. I'm still waiting to hear back from Barts and then I'll make up my mind.
Reply 192
Original post by Cephalosporin
Wooot!! Congratulations!!!!!! See! All those trips you made from Canada to England were well worth it, yes? :smile:

:smile: Do you think you will firm Durham?
Wahaha, I don't know. I'm still waiting to hear back from Barts and then I'll make up my mind.

Hahaha well worth it indeed. I probably will firm it, the fees are slightly more manageable, (if you can call them that), than London. Good luck on Barts! Thanks for the check up :biggrin:
Reply 193
Original post by pkozman

Congrats ! Go canada! Guess you'll be missing all the Tim Hortons lol :biggrin:
Reply 194
Original post by veriluxe
Congrats ! Go canada! Guess you'll be missing all the Tim Hortons lol :biggrin:

LOL! Thanks! You too :smile:. And oh I will hahaha
2 medicine offers :d
Hi mate,

I would like to ask few stuff if you dont mind offcourse. I got A*A*AB (B in Biology) in my A level in all sciences and maths. My AS level grades are AAAA. I have more then one year worth of work experience in different health care sectors. The only issue is my GCSE which is very poor. it is A*AAAC (C in english). I also have BTECs but they are not accepted by most universities. I have attended an under performing school in the UK. I am international but have lived 9 years in the UK. I am now going to take a gap year and would like to know how can I gain a place now at any university for medicine in the UK. I have emailed every university and got only replies that arent specific to me and many said I am very under performing in my GCSE section but alright in everything else. Any advice and tips would be highly appreciated please.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending