The Student Room Group
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website

Foundation year entry

Hello is any one doing or thinking of applying for a course with a foundation year?

I am really interested in applying for the BA Business with foundation year. I will be a mature student so haven't been in full time education for a few years so feel the foundation year will be good for me and a chance to prepare me for the rest of the course!

I'm really excited to apply.. just need to finish my personal statement.

If anyone could tell me what they think of the foundation year please! Or if anyone has any tips to make my application stand out as I know there must be lots of competition for this uni.

Thanks!
Reply 1
Original post by glitterpink
Hello is any one doing or thinking of applying for a course with a foundation year?

I am really interested in applying for the BA Business with foundation year. I will be a mature student so haven't been in full time education for a few years so feel the foundation year will be good for me and a chance to prepare me for the rest of the course!

If anyone could tell me what they think of the foundation year please! Or if anyone has any tips to make my application stand out as I know there must be lots of competition for this uni.

Thanks!

Hi i am applaying too!!!!
Dental Students, University of Central Lancashire
University of Central Lancashire
Preston
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ifmtg
Hi i am applaying too!!!!

Oh I'm not any more as after I spoke to the uni I found out that the foundation year is taught at a partner college not the actual uni. So don't fancy that.

Thanks!

Hello

I did the foundation business course last year and I am now on my yr1 Int Business. I loved the Foundation year and it has prepared me fantastically for the first year. Plus Penelope who runs the course is amazing at pastoral care - I still speak with her now when I am worried about things.
Good luck - if you need any advice or help - [Removed - please use PMs or post here directly] :biggrin:
Reply 4
Oh I'm not any more as after I spoke to the uni I found out that the foundation year is taught at a partner college not the actual uni. So don't fancy that.

Does that also apply to the Journalism Foundation Year Entry?

Hi glitterpink,

The BA (Hons) Business Studies (Foundation Entry) course is actually available on the main UCLan campus in Preston. Here is a link to the course page:

http://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/ba_hons_business_foundation_year_entry.php

Can I ask who told you that it was only available via a partner college?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Scott & Jonathan @ UCLan
Hi glitterpink,

The BA (Hons) Business Studies (Foundation Entry) course is actually available on the main UCLan campus in Preston. Here is a link to the course page:

http://www.uclan.ac.uk/courses/ba_hons_business_foundation_year_entry.php

Can I ask who told you that it was only available via a partner college?

Whoever answers the phone at admissions told me!
Reply 7
HI, I was thinking of applying for the same course or the Law one, however i would like to know the days/ times that the courses run on during the week, as i have family commitments. Also does anybody know if you can apply for student finance while starting on the foundation year, and is it true that it is not studied at uni?????
Hello :smile:

I've been accepted in to the uni and will be doing the TESOL , modern languages and area studies with a foundation year as well and super excited about this. I'll be 21 when I start does that make me mature haha
Hi Guys,

Still waiting for my UCAS to be updated but was offered my place by the Lecturer on my interview - I'm doing foundation year in Law - looking forward to it- just wish it would hurry as I need to get all my finance stuff sorted and hand notice into work! Decided to commute for the first year because I'm pretty shy and want to be able to slowly integrate myself into Uni Life although my parents are ready to pack my bags :smile:

I am really nervous and just wondering if anyone has any tips on how to not have a nervous breakdown during freshers :smile:
Hello,

Try not to worry! Loads of people are nervous at the start but everyone is lovely! Just throw yourself into the Freshers fortnight and you will make friends for life! I run the Lancs Business School Society https://www.facebook.com/groups/LBSSociety/ (feel free to join :wink: ) but I also know your school president Jo Schumacher and she is excellent - if you want her contact just pm me as she will give you all the support you need!
Reply 11
Anyone for medicine foundation year. entry ?
Hi, I'm applying for the Health and Social Care Foundation year at UCLan :smile: just trying to work out what financial help is available....

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending