The Student Room Group

A2 Edexcel: Unit 3 Kaiser To Fuhrer 2014

Hi guys,

Can someone please offer advice on how to revise for Unit 3: Kaiser to Fuhrer.

I have looked at this thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1633199

But I haven't found an answer to my question.

Any help would be much appreciated :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
Original post by BC95
Hi guys,

Can someone please offer advice on how to revise for Unit 3: Kaiser to Fuhrer.

I have looked at this thread
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1633199

But I haven't found an answer to my question.

Any help would be much appreciated :smile:

Ok, what do you mean when you say "how to revise"? Do you mean what you should revise, what you should focus on or what methods you should use for the revision process? If its the second question, there are always two main questions-one concerning Germany's role in beginning WWI and the other about the popularity or effectiveness of the Nazi state. That might not be what you wanted though, so let me know which it is if you like EDIT: There's more to it than that actually, sorry. If you look at the past papers section on this website, you should be able to find it. Something I did was to write up a timeline of the whole period 1900-45 in terms of German history. However, you may prefer to use mindmaps or bullet points or whatever. Do you have the course textbook?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by scjman
Ok, what do you mean when you say "how to revise"? Do you mean what you should revise, what you should focus on or what methods you should use for the revision process? If its the second question, there are always two main questions-one concerning Germany's role in beginning WWI and the other about the popularity or effectiveness of the Nazi state. That might not be what you wanted though, so let me know which it is if you like EDIT: There's more to it than that actually, sorry. If you look at the past papers section on this website, you should be able to find it. Something I did was to write up a timeline of the whole period 1900-45 in terms of German history. However, you may prefer to use mindmaps or bullet points or whatever. Do you have the course textbook?

Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps I was a bit vague in my explanation.

Essentially I know how to revise, but I need to know more about the structure of essay writing and methods of preparing for any question that can possibly be asked.

Let me know if you need me to elaborate any further. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by BC95
Thanks for the reply.

Perhaps I was a bit vague in my explanation.

Essentially I know how to revise, but I need to know more about the structure of essay writing and methods of preparing for any question that can possibly be asked.

Let me know if you need me to elaborate any further. :smile:

Ok. You'll need to do two questions. One of them is a bog standard essay, for which i just do-
Introduction
Evidence for (I use 3 or 4 examples)
Evidence against (same as above)
Conclusion

The second essay is source based and this is how I structure them:
Introduction
Evidence for (from sources)
Evidence for (from own knowledge)
Evidence against (from sources)
Evidence against from own knowledge)
Conclusion

On this website, if you look at the top bar, there is A Level, under which is past papers if you scroll over it. Click on that and type in the relevant information and there is at least one paper on there, under the Challenge of Fascism (as it shares the paper with another module). Hope that was useful and good luck with your course! :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by scjman
Ok. You'll need to do two questions. One of them is a bog standard essay, for which i just do-
Introduction
Evidence for (I use 3 or 4 examples)
Evidence against (same as above)
Conclusion

The second essay is source based and this is how I structure them:
Introduction
Evidence for (from sources)
Evidence for (from own knowledge)
Evidence against (from sources)
Evidence against from own knowledge)
Conclusion

On this website, if you look at the top bar, there is A Level, under which is past papers if you scroll over it. Click on that and type in the relevant information and there is at least one paper on there, under the Challenge of Fascism (as it shares the paper with another module). Hope that was useful and good luck with your course! :smile:

Thanks for the advice mate.

Also I was wondering, can both part A and part B be on any part of the course or are either of the parts limited to a certain part of the court (if you get what I mean).
Reply 6
Original post by BC95
Thanks for the advice mate.

Also I was wondering, can both part A and part B be on any part of the course or are either of the parts limited to a certain part of the court (if you get what I mean).

Well you'll get a choice between two of each on the paper. You only have to do one of each
Reply 7
If anyone's interested, I've got some revision songs that I wrote when I had the exam a couple of years ago (I fit facts/good sentences and phrases to tunes of well-known pop songs) They cover topics including the implications of the treaty of Versailles and life in the Third Reich. If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll send them to you. I find songs useful for revising, as even just a few words engrained in your brain can act as memory joggers.
Reply 8
Original post by Aurora23
If anyone's interested, I've got some revision songs that I wrote when I had the exam a couple of years ago (I fit facts/good sentences and phrases to tunes of well-known pop songs) They cover topics including the implications of the treaty of Versailles and life in the Third Reich. If anyone's interested, let me know and I'll send them to you. I find songs useful for revising, as even just a few words engrained in your brain can act as memory joggers.

Ok. That sounds....interesting. Is it the lyrics to the aforementioned songs?
does anyone have a list of all the Nazi past paper questions? xx:smile:

I am! 👌

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LulaBelle
I am! ������

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by scjman
Ok. That sounds....interesting. Is it the lyrics to the aforementioned songs?

Yeah sounds good!
Reply 12

I am!!
Reply 13
hey can anyone predict the questions for part A and B for the june 2014 exam,
Reply 14
hey does anyone have any predictions for section A and do you think its safe to just revise for the first world war controversy for the B question?
Reply 15
Original post by Chlo55
hey does anyone have any predictions for section A and do you think its safe to just revise for the first world war controversy for the B question?

I would revise Nazis and/or Weimar as well, as there have been papers where both Part A questions have been on the Nazis, so if that sort of thing comes up and you have'nt revised it, you're obviously going to be bit stuck
Original post by Chlo55

I'm only revising the WW1 controversy i think it is completly safe because in the spec it sayas there will always be a qstn on that controversy xx
Reply 17
Original post by scjman
I would revise Nazis and/or Weimar as well, as there have been papers where both Part A questions have been on the Nazis, so if that sort of thing comes up and you have'nt revised it, you're obviously going to be bit stuck

What do you think I should revise for the nazis then their consolidation of power? And if Weimar comes up do you reckon it'll be something like its stabilty maybe?
Reply 18
Original post by Chlo55
What do you think I should revise for the nazis then their consolidation of power? And if Weimar comes up do you reckon it'll be something like its stabilty maybe?

Could be. I have done a question on whteher or not the far-right posed the biggest threat to the Weimar Republic, so that's another thing to consider. In terms of the Nazis, it would be useful to look at their consolidation of power and also maybe their popularity too. there have been questions on the Final Solution too

I am please!!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending