The Student Room Group

Hongkong Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SerenaYjy
May I ask what other standard results you provided?

I submitted my TOEFL, I scored 112, and my IELTS, which I got a 8.

I also provided my AP World History, on which I got a 5 along with my school transcripts and IB Predicted score.
Reply 321
Original post by poydtreechada
What did you put or second choice? :smile:
I actually didn't take Economics or Business for my ALevels... I don't think they will take me :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

My first choice is Global Business and second choice is Business and Management since but none of them fascinates me much, so in case I get in I ll try transfer to Economics :biggrin: I wanted to apply for Finance/Economics (I applied to HKU and UK universities for these courses) but in late admission there were only these 2 left on HKUST.

I don't think they care whether you have Economics or Business because our IB teachers told us that the 2 years of Economics we are doing now, will be done during the first 3 months at Uni. Therefore, I think it really depends on your personal statement and references more than on your subjects))
However, my only issue is that I am extra lazy, so in my extra curricular activities I only had football and some random part time jobs, which however, had to do with Finance. So I hope I ll get in :biggrin: yet, I am really nervous about interviews, in case I will have one :biggrin:
Original post by naizz_07
My first choice is Global Business and second choice is Business and Management since but none of them fascinates me much, so in case I get in I ll try transfer to Economics :biggrin: I wanted to apply for Finance/Economics (I applied to HKU and UK universities for these courses) but in late admission there were only these 2 left on HKUST.

I don't think they care whether you have Economics or Business because our IB teachers told us that the 2 years of Economics we are doing now, will be done during the first 3 months at Uni. Therefore, I think it really depends on your personal statement and references more than on your subjects))
However, my only issue is that I am extra lazy, so in my extra curricular activities I only had football and some random part time jobs, which however, had to do with Finance. So I hope I ll get in :biggrin: yet, I am really nervous about interviews, in case I will have one :biggrin:

May I ask what's your predicted grade? :smile: My first choice is GBus and second choice is engineering...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Seems that you like Economics so much! Did you apply for Global Economics @CUHK? My friend got a conditional offer from Global Econ for A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 324
Seems that you like Economics so much! Did you apply for Global Economics @CUHK? My friend got a conditional offer from Global Econ for A*AA

Posted from TSR Mobile

I only applied to HKU and HKUST in Hong Kong because CUHK is not as good as the universities in UK from which I have offers from )
My first choice on HKU is Accounting and Finance, second choice is Economics and Finance :smile:
I only applied to HKU and HKUST in Hong Kong because CUHK is not as good as the universities in UK from which I have offers from )
My first choice on HKU is Accounting and Finance, second choice is Economics and Finance :smile:

I really don't like HKU haha
But CU has a really good Business and Economics school...
My teachers said don't ever go to HKU or business because it's not as good as CU and HKUST... LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 326
I really don't like HKU haha
But CU has a really good Business and Economics school...
My teachers said don't ever go to HKU or business because it's not as good as CU and HKUST... LOL

Posted from TSR Mobile

haha, I guess its really subjective then, because I was told exactly the opposite :biggrin:
haha, I guess its really subjective then, because I was told exactly the opposite :biggrin:

CU is well-known of its (Enrichment) Maths, Physics, Biochemistry, Business, Pharmacy
HKU is well-known for medicine, law, architecture
Besides, those who did GCE or IB can classify as advanced students for CU that only have to do three years instead of four.
Would you mind telling me your predicted grades? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 328
Just wondering did anyone of you apply for BDS? Or am I the only one in this forum /o\
Reply 329
Original post by pinkmemetchi
I submitted my TOEFL, I scored 112, and my IELTS, which I got a 8.

I also provided my AP World History, on which I got a 5 along with my school transcripts and IB Predicted score.

: ) thanks for telling me! Are you studying in the US? Would you mind telling me the predicted score you submitted?
Reply 330
Got my offer from HKU for Econ and Finance !!!!!
Hi, anyone here have any knowledge about the possible IB Diploma requirements/Grade needed (A-level scores are also welcomed) for Chinese University's Law course?
Reply 332
Original post by blackhole11
Hi, anyone here have any knowledge about the possible IB Diploma requirements/Grade needed (A-level scores are also welcomed) for Chinese University's Law course?

The offer my friend got last year was AAB for GCE A-Levels, not sure abt this year though :O
Reply 333
Hey guys, i have applied engineering main round for all HKU, CU and UST but i barely get any news from them. For HKU they send me a form to fill up my area of interest and i chose civil engineering. CU also send me a form to fill out but i decided to not reply because it said on the form that if i don't reply they will consider me as applying to bd. For UST i have received nothing at all.

Apart from that my second choice of UST is business and management, i have done the 4 minutes online interview and after that they send me an e-mail to tell me to upload my predicted grade which needs to be stamp the school office. I uploaded it on 12/3 but i haven't heard anything back yet.

So i just wanted to know that have the engineering departments of HKU, CU and UST start to give interview or conditional offer out for the main round people? What would the typical conditional offer of A-Level be for these three universities? Have i miss the chance of UST business and management? I saw some IB people got their offer a few pages before, if i still have a chance what would the conditional offer likely to be?

P.s my predicted grade for my A-level is AAA.

Sorry if this is getting too long but i am so worry that i will not be able to go back to Hong Kong to study this year, i wish that i could swap all of my offers from the UK for just one offer from HK. Sigh...
Reply 334
Original post by 3bigpls
Hey guys, i have applied engineering main round for all HKU, CU and UST but i barely get any news from them. For HKU they send me a form to fill up my area of interest and i chose civil engineering. CU also send me a form to fill out but i decided to not reply because it said on the form that if i don't reply they will consider me as applying to bd. For UST i have received nothing at all.

Apart from that my second choice of UST is business and management, i have done the 4 minutes online interview and after that they send me an e-mail to tell me to upload my predicted grade which needs to be stamp the school office. I uploaded it on 12/3 but i haven't heard anything back yet.

So i just wanted to know that have the engineering departments of HKU, CU and UST start to give interview or conditional offer out for the main round people? What would the typical conditional offer of A-Level be for these three universities? Have i miss the chance of UST business and management? I saw some IB people got their offer a few pages before, if i still have a chance what would the conditional offer likely to be?

P.s my predicted grade for my A-level is AAA.

Sorry if this is getting too long but i am so worry that i will not be able to go back to Hong Kong to study this year, i wish that i could swap all of my offers from the UK for just one offer from HK. Sigh...

My friend applied for engineering in HKU, CU and UST through fast track, she has heard from HKU and UST. HKU asks for AAA while UST asked for A*AA. Her predicted grade is A*AA.
Hope it helps! :biggrin:
Reply 335
Original post by Manic8
Got my offer from HKU for Econ and Finance !!!!!

Congrats! :biggrin:
Reply 336
Original post by devils
Congrats! :biggrin:

Thanks
Original post by koyyj127
The offer my friend got last year was AAB for GCE A-Levels, not sure abt this year though :O

Interesting.... Thanks :smile:
Reply 338
Did she fill the area of interest form for HKU?
By the way I read on the papers that HKU has more than 17% international students in their undergraduate population (No 1 in Hong Kong, similar to Oxford in the UK), whilst CUHK ranks second with around 11% (slightly higher than Cambridge to compare).

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending