The Student Room Group

Postgrad student with a crush on a lecturer!

I'm currently a postgraduate student and I have a certain lecturer who I find very attractive!
I've caught him staring at me many times in lectures and out of lectures walking around campus and so we've made eye contact a lot, but it's not awkward nor creepy! it's kind of "hot" :colondollar:

as silly as this may sound I really want to begin a conversation with him after a lecture and maybe throw in some subtle flirting?!
however, I have no idea what to say or what to ask! even about the subject as I don't really have any problems with the subject at the moment

any serious suggestions?! nothing crude please!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Bump
Ask about your work or something
Reply 3
Original post by ninja_dragon
Ask about your work or something

but the topic we're currently doing is sooo straightforward!
Oh... Hmm... Next time you see them just say hi how are you? Hope that works! :wink:
Don't universities have some kind of policy stating lecturers are not aloud to shag students?
Reply 6
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Don't universities have some kind of policy stating lecturers are not aloud to shag students?

lol no, it happens with undergrads so why not with postgrads
Reply 7
Bump
Original post by Anonymous
lol no, it happens with undergrads so why not with postgrads

Maybe there is nothing against postgrad shagging. I just thought you might like to be aware that there could be repercussions if the lecturer is found out to have got down with you. But since you are post grad I would guess it is fine. Good luck with your quest :tongue:
Reply 9
Why not tell him his lectures are soooooooooooooo interesting and you would just loooooooooooooooooove to learn more from him.................then fiddle with yr hair, raise one foot and pout..................
Reply 10
Original post by Old_Simon
Why not tell him his lectures are soooooooooooooo interesting and you would just loooooooooooooooooove to learn more from him.................then fiddle with yr hair, raise one foot and pout..................

haha made me laugh! I don't want to be so overtly flirtatious and obvious!!!
Original post by Anonymous
haha made me laugh! I don't want to be so overtly flirtatious and obvious!!!

Well you may as well lol. Why not.
Reply 12
Original post by Old_Simon
Well you may as well lol. Why not.

lol it's embarrassing! don't think I have the balls :s-smilie:
plus it'll make him think I'm a slut! which I am most certainly not!
Funny you should say this... My mum dated one of her lecturers! XD
Reply 14
Original post by cah846
Funny you should say this... My mum dated one of her lecturers! XD

Lucky mum! lol
Reply 15
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Maybe there is nothing against postgrad shagging. I just thought you might like to be aware that there could be repercussions if the lecturer is found out to have got down with you. But since you are post grad I would guess it is fine. Good luck with your quest :tongue:

It's not illegal but there's policies in most institutions. Some places don't care, though, as long as it doesn't interfere. Postgrad is kind of a whole world apart from undergrad.
My mum was undergrad... Said lecturer actually marked her far more harshly than anyone else to be sure they weren't accused of favouritism etc etc so she ended up with her degree being a 2:2 when she should have got a 2:1... :P
Reply 17
Original post by cah846
My mum was undergrad... Said lecturer actually marked her far more harshly than anyone else to be sure they weren't accused of favouritism etc etc so she ended up with her degree being a 2:2 when she should have got a 2:1... :P

omgosh, hope he was worth it lol
Original post by lougarou
It's not illegal but there's policies in most institutions. Some places don't care, though, as long as it doesn't interfere. Postgrad is kind of a whole world apart from undergrad.

That's what I meant. I also didn't realize she was postgrad.
Reply 19
What I would do to bang one of the PHD students who does our seminar classes

:moon:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending