The Student Room Group

Edgehill nursing 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by tloulou07
Sorry to be a pain how long did you wait? Days hrs minutes plz haha only joking but was it 7-10 days or longer?

Haha it's okay I was like this!! It was about 15 days as my work had to send another reference! I've also got an offer off uclan so I'm undecided! Loved edge hill though x
Also was thinking, would anyone like me to start a group on Facebook for people who have got a place or are waiting for an offer? Just so we get to know each other ready for the year? X
Reply 122
Original post by Missnursing
Haha it's okay I was like this!! It was about 15 days as my work had to send another reference! I've also got an offer off uclan so I'm undecided! Loved edge hill though x

If you dont mind me asking, what happened at the UCLAN interview? I have mine at the end of the month! It would be my second choice if i didnt get into edge hill!
Original post by Filouch
If you dont mind me asking, what happened at the UCLAN interview? I have mine at the end of the month! It would be my second choice if i didnt get into edge hill!

It was a small group interview then a large group interview. Maths and English at the end. Was easy really as long as you know your stuff and are passionate about nursing. Don't know where to go. Uclan is the more sensible choice as placements are guaranteed in my area x
Reply 124
It was a small group interview then a large group interview. Maths and English at the end. Was easy really as long as you know your stuff and are passionate about nursing. Don't know where to go. Uclan is the more sensible choice as placements are guaranteed in my area x

What stuff do i need to know?! Lol im good with the passion but may need to brush up on what i need to know!
I would just say go with your heart. Take it you live near UCLAN for the placements. Thats a huge benefit, but if the feel for Edge Hill or UCLAN is better, and you can see yourself there, then go for that.

What branch did you apply for? X
Reply 125
If you set it up let us know yea x
Original post by Filouch
What stuff do i need to know?! Lol im good with the passion but may need to brush up on what i need to know!
I would just say go with your heart. Take it you live near UCLAN for the placements. Thats a huge benefit, but if the feel for Edge Hill or UCLAN is better, and you can see yourself there, then go for that.

What branch did you apply for? X

Just like why you want to be a nurse what experience you have etc! And adult Hun x
Original post by tloulou07
If you set it up let us know yea x

I will do x
Reply 128
Hi I had 3 interviews at Edge Hill, heard back off 1 after 3 days and 10 days after the other 2. I think if your a definite no or yes, you hear straight away, within the 14 days, if your in the middle I imagine they wait to see if anyone scores above you. Waiting is sooooo nerve wracking xx
Reply 129
Original post by Pinker00
Hi I had 3 interviews at Edge Hill, heard back off 1 after 3 days and 10 days after the other 2. I think if your a definite no or yes, you hear straight away, within the 14 days, if your in the middle I imagine they wait to see if anyone scores above you. Waiting is sooooo nerve wracking xx

3 interviews??? Oh my days, one was stressful enough for me! Still hasnt been 14 days so still time yet :-D x
Reply 130

Did you get made any offers?
Reply 131
Yeah, keep your fingers crossed. I received my replies through UCAS at 1am, 2 of them being at 1am on a Sunday morning, which I thought was odd. I imagined I would have received a notification from Edge Hill first, like the interview notification.Good Luck x
Reply 132
Yeah, Childrens Nursing and Social Work, Learning Disabilities Nursing and Social Work and Learning Disability Nursing. I had an interview booked for Childrens Nursing as well but I declined it as I had an offer from my preferred choice.
Reply 133
Original post by Filouch
Oh dear, none of this is filling me with confidence!
Have you got any offers from anywhere else? I still have another interview to go yet, and one still hasnt got back to me with an interview or not. Would love to get in EH though, but highly unlikely as i think i fluffed up the interview badly!

Yes I've got an unconditional from Uclan, within two weeks of interview back in December. In all honesty though I did feel a lot happier after that interview and I think I may accept it, even though I loved edge hill, I think the preston placements would suit me better plus the course is 40 weeks not 45 which would mean more time with the kids :smile:
Where abouts will everyone be travelling from?? I love edge hill but I'm just nervous about being placed far away from where I live whereas uclan do placements where I live x
Reply 135
Where abouts will everyone be travelling from?? I love edge hill but I'm just nervous about being placed far away from where I live whereas uclan do placements where I live x

I dont know yet, if i get into edge hill me and my other half will be moving to somewhere inbetween liverpool and machester as he works in manchester. Would be happy to drive up to an hour to uni or placements though!
Reply 136
Im lucky, I only live 10 mins away x

i will be travelling from doncaster if i get into edge hill but ill probably actually just move to campus
Im lucky, I only live 10 mins away x

I don't live far from edge hill it's just if I got placed in Liverpool it'd be a pain x
Original post by kirstyelaine
i will be travelling from doncaster if i get into edge hill but ill probably actually just move to campus

Yeah that's a good idea if you live that far x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending