The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by MS90
Aaaaah cool cool :smile: my interview is only 2 hours long...so im assuming there wont be as many people at my interview compared to yours!!i get there for 1 15pm for a prompt 2pm start and it finishes at 4!

Wow I guess not!!
Good luck for it! :-)
Hi there, I'm doing a PGCE at London Met! Are you?? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
I am planning on re-applying through apply 2, do I stand any chance at this point.

Also what do I do through UCAS? Do I withdraw my application through apply 1 or use a new e-mail address?
Reply 5723
Hi :smile: Anyone else doing a PGCE Secondary Maths at Anglia Ruskin starting September 2014?
Reply 5724
Original post by Scienceofficer_1
I am planning on re-applying through apply 2, do I stand any chance at this point.

Also what do I do through UCAS? Do I withdraw my application through apply 1 or use a new e-mail address?

Have you been Unsuccessful in Apply 1? I was unsuccessful with all three of my choices. UCAS automatically put me in Apply 2. I have since received an interview, so yes you do stand a chance.
Original post by mangliss
Have you been Unsuccessful in Apply 1? I was unsuccessful with all three of my choices. UCAS automatically put me in Apply 2. I have since received an interview, so yes you do stand a chance.

Thanks for the response.

I was not looking to carry on my application with other choices but rather to withdraw my current application and re-apply through apply 2 with better work experience.

I was also looking to re-apply to one of the same institutions.
Reply 5726

Did you get rejected for all your apply 1 choices? If so you should be in apply 2 now automatically. Check track and it should say something like 'add apply 2 choice'

I got rejected without interview at all 3 of my apply one choices but hold an offer now after using apply 2
Reply 5727
Congratulations Samus! May I ask what subject you applied to?
Reply 5728
Hi Everyone. Is anyone still waiting for a conditional offer to turn unconditional? I received a conditional offer for Leeds Uni Primary 7-11 and the conditions were my skills tests, CRB and health questionnaire. I've passed my tests (and informed them), received and sent my completed CRB and have sent my health questionnaire. Is anything supposed to change on TRACK or should I receive a letter to show this is now unconditional? If so how long does this normally take? Thanks :smile:
Reply 5729
Original post by mangliss
Congratulations Samus! May I ask what subject you applied to?

Thank you, Secondary History
Original post by Theilluminator
See you there! :biggrin:

Original post by MS90
Haha what date is yours?

How did it go guys??
Original post by Samus2
Did you get rejected for all your apply 1 choices? If so you should be in apply 2 now automatically. Check track and it should say something like 'add apply 2 choice'

I got rejected without interview at all 3 of my apply one choices but hold an offer now after using apply 2

Yes I can enter into apply 2 automatically.

The thing is I don't want to do apply 2 and get into an institution away from my parents house as I will need to live at home to finance myself through the PGCE.

I am wondering if I can withdraw my application and re-apply again to the same institutions but with better work experience.
Reply 5732
Yes I can enter into apply 2 automatically.

The thing is I don't want to do apply 2 and get into an institution away from my parents house as I will need to live at home to finance myself through the PGCE.

I am wondering if I can withdraw my application and re-apply again to the same institutions but with better work experience.

Well, you can reapply in apply 2 to the same institutions providing the course isn't full. Is lack of experience the reason given when you applied and have you remedied this?

You can also get a loan for it from Student Finance too - both tuition fee and maintenance loan
Original post by Samus2
Well, you can reapply in apply 2 to the same institutions providing the course isn't full. Is lack of experience the reason given when you applied and have you remedied this?

You can also get a loan for it from Student Finance too - both tuition fee and maintenance loan

Yes work experience is a weakness, my problem is I did my work experience 5 years ago but I didn't think I was ready for teaching at that point.

I would like to re-apply after having done more recent work experience and I know a teacher at my gym who says she can get me some work experience at her school.
Reply 5734
Yes work experience is a weakness, my problem is I did my work experience 5 years ago but I didn't think I was ready for teaching at that point.

I would like to re-apply after having done more recent work experience and I know a teacher at my gym who says she can get me some work experience at her school.

I would be wary about leaving it too long. Depending on your subject you may find courses starting to become full. There is always clearing though at the end of august. I would aim to get the experience sooner rather than later though!

What subject are you applying for?
Reply 5735
Original post by Esmeralda4
How did it go guys??

I personally thought it went quite well :biggrin: probs better tban the trent one...but obv its hard to judge haha :tongue: the female interviewer i had seemed very impressed with my test scores too..which is good!
Original post by MS90
I personally thought it went quite well :biggrin: probs better tban the trent one...but obv its hard to judge haha :tongue: the female interviewer i had seemed very impressed with my test scores too..which is good!

Oh good. Fingers crossed! :-)
Original post by Samus2
I would be wary about leaving it too long. Depending on your subject you may find courses starting to become full. There is always clearing though at the end of august. I would aim to get the experience sooner rather than later though!

What subject are you applying for?

Chemistry
Original post by tori2014
I've been looking for one but not found it yet, you could always make one if you're wanting to look for houses? I'm sure there's plenty of people on this thread for Primary at UoB.

If anyone's interested, we've now got a group for Primary at UoB here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/218160841715254/
Reply 5739
Original post by Esmeralda4
Oh good. Fingers crossed! :-)

I have everything crossed haha!

Latest

Trending

Trending