The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham nursing 2014

Hi, thought this could be a place for anyone that has offers for nursing degrees to meet, was wondering what accommodation you are going to go for? :smile: I'm going to firm a masters of mental health nursing :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by jodieibbs
Hi, thought this could be a place for anyone that has offers for nursing degrees to meet, was wondering what accommodation you are going to go for? :smile: I'm going to firm a masters of mental health nursing :smile:

Hi! I've received an offer for children's nursing:smile: I only saw the raleigh park and st peters court accomodation when I visited, but they were both pretty much what I was looking for so I'll probably go for one of the two! Does anyone know if this is the most convenient accommodation for nursing students?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi I looked at the accommodation at Broadgate Park on Saturday. Just wondering what the accommodation was like at the other places?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by MissKatieH
Hi I looked at the accommodation at Broadgate Park on Saturday. Just wondering what the accommodation was like at the other places?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I didn't see broadgate, what was it like? I saw raleigh park and st peters court, and they were both nice! i'd say raleigh park has slightly nicer rooms:smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ra3096
I didn't see broadgate, what was it like? I saw raleigh park and st peters court, and they were both nice! i'd say raleigh park has slightly nicer rooms:smile:

I looked at catered accommodation when i went to an open day last year, that was really nice, thought about that as my course is 30 weeks so wouldnt need extra contract length, but i saw in radleigh i think they put nurses together which is an aspect i liked, what kind of area was raleigh in? :smile: so hard to decide so many nice places to live :smile:
Reply 5
Original post by ra3096
Hi! I've received an offer for children's nursing:smile: I only saw the raleigh park and st peters court accomodation when I visited, but they were both pretty much what I was looking for so I'll probably go for one of the two! Does anyone know if this is the most convenient accommodation for nursing students?

were the rooms in raleigh a good size? i think i was going to go single study if i went there to try keep costs down, and i read somewhere that there is a medlink bus between qmc and city hopistal which makes it more convenient i think :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by ra3096

I really liked the room they were ensuite too! Only concern was it was about a 15 min walk to QMC!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Original post by jodieibbs
were the rooms in raleigh a good size? i think i was going to go single study if i went there to try keep costs down, and i read somewhere that there is a medlink bus between qmc and city hopistal which makes it more convenient i think :smile:

the ones i saw were a pretty decent size, but i'm not sure if that was the single or not! i just tried to apply for a raleigh park ensuite but it's fully booked :frown: not sure whether to go for a room in raleigh park with shared bathrooms or go to st peters court and have an ensuite! any thoughts on this?
Original post by ra3096
the ones i saw were a pretty decent size, but i'm not sure if that was the single or not! i just tried to apply for a raleigh park ensuite but it's fully booked :frown: not sure whether to go for a room in raleigh park with shared bathrooms or go to st peters court and have an ensuite! any thoughts on this?

Hey I've firmed Nottingham as my choice for child nursing too and I wanted an ensuite but they've all gone! I've just booked a shared plus room(3/4 bed) at Raleigh Park, Madison Court :smile: I don't mind sharing a bathroom, in second year that's what you have to do anyway haha, have you booked yours yet?
Reply 9
Original post by hannahgriffith
Hey I've firmed Nottingham as my choice for child nursing too and I wanted an ensuite but they've all gone! I've just booked a shared plus room(3/4 bed) at Raleigh Park, Madison Court :smile: I don't mind sharing a bathroom, in second year that's what you have to do anyway haha, have you booked yours yet?

Yeah I booked the other day, I've gone for the same! Not sure if it's in Madison court though, where does it say?
Original post by ra3096
Yeah I booked the other day, I've gone for the same! Not sure if it's in Madison court though, where does it say?

When you apply on the Derwent Students website you have to choose from a drop down menu where you'd like to stay on Raleigh Park, what did yours say?
Reply 11
When you apply on the Derwent Students website you have to choose from a drop down menu where you'd like to stay on Raleigh Park, what did yours say?

Ooh I didn't apply on the derwent website, I did it on the Nottingham website!
Original post by ra3096
Ooh I didn't apply on the derwent website, I did it on the Nottingham website!

Ohh, I did that first and then they emailed me saying to I have to apply on the Derwent Students website because Raleigh Park is owned by them :smile: I'd go onto their website and book it x
Reply 13
Ohh, I did that first and then they emailed me saying to I have to apply on the Derwent Students website because Raleigh Park is owned by them :smile: I'd go onto their website and book it x

Ah I see, thankyou!
I've accepted my offer for Child Nursing at Nottingham and I've applied for Raleigh Park for accommodation. I wanted an ensuite room but they had run out and I then had to decide between RP (with standard plus) or SPC (with ensuite) but I chose RP cos I have heard better things about it! Anyone else going to be there? Also does anyone know whether Madison or Sillitoe is better, as I only got the option to apply for Sillitoe, whereas my friend only had the option to apply for Madison?
Reply 15
Original post by staywithcallie
I've accepted my offer for Child Nursing at Nottingham and I've applied for Raleigh Park for accommodation. I wanted an ensuite room but they had run out and I then had to decide between RP (with standard plus) or SPC (with ensuite) but I chose RP cos I have heard better things about it! Anyone else going to be there? Also does anyone know whether Madison or Sillitoe is better, as I only got the option to apply for Sillitoe, whereas my friend only had the option to apply for Madison?

I was literally in the same position, and I chose Raleigh too :-) I only had the option to apply for Madison court though, I sent it off yesterday and I'm waiting for them to reply..I'm doing children's nursing as well :-)
I had my offer for Child Nursing through last week and I've booked accommodation for Raleigh Park, Sillitoe Court with a Standard Plus room, just waiting for them to confirm it for me! Anyone else looked at Sillitoe?

That's cool, I've booked accommodation at Madison Court :smile:
Original post by ra3096
I was literally in the same position, and I chose Raleigh too :-) I only had the option to apply for Madison court though, I sent it off yesterday and I'm waiting for them to reply..I'm doing children's nursing as well :-)

I sent mine off today! Wonder why I didn't get to have the option for Madison!! Have you joined the freshers facebook page? I am so excited!!
That's cool, I've booked accommodation at Madison Court :smile:

Did you get the option between Madison and Sillitoe? x
Did you get the option between Madison and Sillitoe? x

No it was just Madison! x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending