The Student Room Group

What is your favourite comic of all time?

for me - Beano.

Scroll to see replies

Night of the Owls
Reply 2
Grant Morrison's Arkham Asylum, I wrote my dissertation on it.

Also, more recently, Saga.
I loved the Beano as a child and would probably still consider it my favourite ever comic, largely due to nostalgia. As an adult, though, the comic I read and like most often is Viz. :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by KJane
Grant Morrison's Arkham Asylum, I wrote my dissertation on it.

Also, more recently, Saga.

I love it but the bit

Spoiler

creeps me out. :s-smilie:
Mine has to be the Asterix and Obelix comic. The dialogues are very funny, the adventures awesome. :smile: Moreover it was instructive in terms of Latin language.
Reply 6
Original post by Raingembow
I love it but the bit

Spoiler

creeps me out. :s-smilie:

It was incredibly creepy! The art added to the disturbing nature of that content, even more so if you ever see Dave McKean's art that he's done for children's books.
TINTIN
Original post by IntoTheWater
TINTIN

You said it! I have had some comics of Tintin. Unfortunately they got lost in the period that followed. :frown:
Original post by Kallisto
You said it! I have had some comics of Tintin. Unfortunately they got lost in the period that followed. :frown:

Same here :frown: I left them all behind when I moved country. But I've got pdf files on my hard drive... in 3 languages :smug:
Same here :frown: I left them all behind when I moved country. (...)

I have lost the comics during my removals too. And it was not the comics only...
I have lost the comics during my removals too. And it was not the comics only...

Yeah I've lost loads of stuff too. That's why my life philosophy now is "The less the better!"
(edited 10 years ago)
Yeah I've lost loads of stuff too. That's why my life philosophy now is "The less the better!"

It is my life philosophy by now. :biggrin: Even if I have lost the Tintin comics, many other ones can be kept by myself: The Asterix and Obelix comics and the Lucky Luke ones which I liked too.
It is my life philosophy by now. :biggrin: Even if I have lost the Tintin comics, many other ones can be kept by myself: The Asterix and Obelix comics and the Lucky Luke ones which I liked too.

Ah Franco-Belgian comics! They are the best kind of comics imo. I have only read one Asterix and Obelix book. That was a while ago and I think that I was not very impressed. I like the concept though, might give them a go again someday.

I like the Lucky Luke comics too. I have never owned one but my friend had a collection so I have read quite a handful of those. The man who shoots faster than his shadow :biggrin: I still prefer Tintin though.
Ah Franco-Belgian comics! They are the best kind of comics imo. I have only read one Asterix and Obelix book. That was a while ago and I think that I was not very impressed. I like the concept though, might give them a go again someday.

I like the Lucky Luke comics too. I have never owned one but my friend had a collection so I have read quite a handful of those. The man who shoots faster than his shadow :biggrin: I still prefer Tintin though.

It is the other way round by me: I prefer the Franco-Belgian comics, as you named them. In comparison I like the Asterix and Obelix book more, as the adventurers and characters are depicted very funny and even the Latin phrases are funny.
I've always loved the Goosebumps series, particularly the Book The Thirteen Ghosts by R.L. Stine
Dandy was my favourite as a child, haven't read any comics for years now.
Reply 17
Does manga count?? Mine is Tsuki No Shippo :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by slam914
Does manga count?? Mine is Tsuki No Shippo :biggrin:

Why not? mangas are Japanese comics. Mine is One Piece at the moment.
Reply 19
Wahaaaay! True dat.

I LOVE ONE PIECE, but I've only seen the anime not the manga. Who are your favourite characters? Mine are Chopper, Usopp and Brook

Btw I just made a new thread about "your favourite mangas", u could check it out if u want to... XD

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending