The Student Room Group

2014 Medicine Re-Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4200
Original post by purple and gold
When did you get the newcastle offer if you don't mind me asking?

ps why don't you withdraw from barts if you know which one you are going to firm

Newcastle was just over a week ago and after getting 4 rejections last year (3 pre-interview) I just feel that 3 offers would be a nice thing to have.
Reply 4201
Original post by He2
Hi sorry I don't know if this has been asked, but for a Scottish reapplicant what are acceptable grades in 3 advanced highers? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I would say to be competitive- ABB. At the very least BBB. But Glasgow conditionals now are an A and B at advanced highers.
Original post by Kimina
Newcastle was just over a week ago and after getting 4 rejections last year (3 pre-interview) I just feel that 3 offers would be a nice thing to have.

I would say thats pretty annoying to read, given that someone else could get your offer :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Scottasaurus
I would say thats pretty annoying to read, given that someone else could get your offer :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Everybody has different ideologies. Live and let live.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kimina

Pure selfishness if you ask me,especially coming from a reapplicant.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Richyp22
Pure selfishness if you ask me,especially coming from a reapplicant. I hope you fail your first year medical exams.

That's a pretty harsh thing to wish for don't you think?
Reply 4206
Original post by Eva.Gregoria
So how is everyone preparing? Are there materials and resources I should be buying now or are we all just going to procrastinate till summer? (Something I'm likely to do...)

Posted from TSR Mobile

think it's down to you really, I get the impression you don't need to prepare as relevant aspects of A-level for example are covered again early on in the course.

I've got a book (that I haven't read for a few years) which covers how human body works i'll probs read that before summer to get into learning again + still keep up to date on news/ new scientist when i can be bothered.. thats just small things that I think will keep me focused don't think you could do anything that would really benefit!!

so yeah not buying anything (except i've already got stethescope) and mostly just relax :P
People are already buying stethoscopes :redface:
Reply 4208
Original post by Miel Purple
People are already buying stethoscopes :redface:

haha mine was a birthday present I swear it :cool:
Original post by richtea5
haha mine was a birthday present I swear it :cool:

Haha alright! :tongue:

It's not selfish at all! I'm in the same position with different unis and I'm not withdrawing simply because I'm interested to see the decision made! I would hate not to know the response after going to the interview, whether its good or bad news. If its an offer, then great! Whoever it is would deserve it!

It's not that pure, not even that selfish. She deserves it because she got it. There's no need to be nice and kind, this is a dog eat dog world.

I'm in a similar-ish situation. Offer from my second choice but still waiting from my top choice but if it was the other way round, I would have still waited because you want to see the outcome of any interviews you have.
Reply 4212
Firstly thank you to everyone on TSR for the advice and info, you all have such inspiring stories esp. this re-applicant thread. It's been my religion/daily routine for most of this year haha. So chuffed to end the nightmare today with 3 offers :smile:

Best of luck to all those waiting to here and I wish you all the brightest of futures. :wink:
PG593 :biggrin:
Original post by PG593
Firstly thank you to everyone on TSR for the advice and info, you all have such inspiring stories esp. this re-applicant thread. It's been my religion/daily routine for most of this year haha. So chuffed to end the nightmare today with 3 offers :smile:

Best of luck to all those waiting to here and I wish you all the brightest of futures. :wink:
PG593 :biggrin:

I second this! Mine ended today as well haha. I wish you all the best too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4214

How so? It's not like I'm stealing offers from other people. I worked really hard to improve my application and whilst there are deserving applicants who may not get an offer it does not mean I do not deserve to see their response. As you know they give out more offers than places and also have a waiting list (to fill any places they may have come results day).
Original post by Kimina
How so? It's not like I'm stealing offers from other people. I worked really hard to improve my application and whilst there are deserving applicants who may not get an offer it does not mean I do not deserve to see their response. As you know they give out more offers than places and also have a waiting list (to fill any places they may have come results day).

I wouldnt say it was pure selfishness no, but can you imagine if you had no offers but were top of a waiting list (though didnt know it obviously). Its just a bit more annoying for said person really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Will our personal savings from work in our bank accounts affect the amount of money we get from nhs bursary or student finance?
Original post by Kimina

Your right actually, a person won't lose a place from you getting an offer you reject. It will go to someone on the waiting list. Apologies, I misinterpreted the effect of you waiting on a response. I originally thought somebody would lose a place because of these actions but they will not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4218
Will our personal savings from work in our bank accounts affect the amount of money we get from nhs bursary or student finance?

I dont think we get nhs bursary.....b

Posted from TSR Mobile

You don't get nhs bursary until your 5th year.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending