The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

University of Brighton 2014 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by EllieHel
Hi, I'm an EU applicant and I was wondering if anyone might tell me how long it took for you to receive an offer after your interview?

I had my interview last Wednesday and was given an informal offer on the spot but haven't heard back yet... I know it's only been a week but I'm very anxious to receive the actual offer so I can accept it and start preparing for the process of moving to the UK! :smile:

It took 11 days for me !!
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Reply 141
Original post by ADAOBI123
It took 11 days for me !!

Thanks, I actually just got mine! So excited :biggrin:
Original post by EllieHel
Thanks, I actually just got mine! So excited :biggrin:

Congratulations ! Which course did you apply for ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Conditional offer for Bsc(Hons) International Business :smile: Quote me if you're doing the same! Will most likely firm Brighton.
Reply 144

Hi I have aconditional offer to study sociology and media in Hastings campus, does anyoneknow when I will be able to apply for accommodation?
Original post by tloose

Hi I have aconditional offer to study sociology and media in Hastings campus, does anyoneknow when I will be able to apply for accommodation?

You can apply now ! Have you firmed them yet ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 146
Original post by ADAOBI123
Congratulations ! Which course did you apply for ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Fashion and Dress History :smile:
Applied to BA Graphic Design, submitted my online portfolio in Jan however have not heard any response yet? Getting impatient and unsure whether I should apply somewhere else to make up for potential decline! (only used 3 out of 5 choices)
How long is it before I should definitely expect a response?
Anyone else in this situation?
Original post by SarahCandlin
Applied to BA Graphic Design, submitted my online portfolio in Jan however have not heard any response yet? Getting impatient and unsure whether I should apply somewhere else to make up for potential decline! (only used 3 out of 5 choices)

Hi SarahCandlin

I recommend that you get in touch directly with our admissions team and check on the progress of your application. It's not necessarily anything to worry about that you haven't heard back yet - courses make offers throughout the spring term and arts course in particular can tend to make offers quite late.

It's worth knowing that this is a really competitive course which receives thousands of applications per year for only a couple of dozen places - it is worth checking up on your application now and finding out any further details you may need about this course - and others, to give yourself as much time as possible to make extra UCAS choices if you want to. I hope this helps and if there is anything else I can help with please let me know.

The office is open now until 5pm today. Here is how to contact the team-

Tel: +44 (0)1273 644644

Best Wishes
Viv
Reply 149

I'm having the same issue! I've received 4/5 of my offers now, just waiting on Brighton so I can firm and insure! My application was sent off early November and I sent my portfolio at the beginning of Jan. I've emailed the admissions team twice now and they said for applicants who applied before Jan 15th, they're working towards a deadline of letting us know by March 31st... Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer! :smile:
Original post by yehya.a
I'm having the same issue! I've received 4/5 of my offers now, just waiting on Brighton so I can firm and insure! My application was sent off early November and I sent my portfolio at the beginning of Jan. I've emailed the admissions team twice now and they said for applicants who applied before Jan 15th, they're working towards a deadline of letting us know by March 31st... Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer! :smile:

Thanks for sharing this! :smile: Got my fingers crossed for you all. If I can help with anything else please let me know!
Best Wishes
Viv
Hello, when you apply for accommodation is it first come first serve or does it matter when you apply?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by WorldPharmacist
Hello, when you apply for accommodation is it first come first serve or does it matter when you apply?
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi WorldPharmacist

The accommodation application deadline for everyone is 8th August. Allocations are not looked at before this date - so as long as you have applied by this deadline it will make no difference as to the outcome. (It is not first come first served) Applying or making your choices earlier can obviously give you more time to decide and find out any info you need - as well as be one more thing that can be crossed off your to do list.

Hope this helps!
Best Wishes
Viv
Original post by University of Brighton
Hi WorldPharmacist

The accommodation application deadline for everyone is 8th August. Allocations are not looked at before this date - so as long as you have applied by this deadline it will make no difference as to the outcome. (It is not first come first served) Applying or making your choices earlier can obviously give you more time to decide and find out any info you need - as well as be one more thing that can be crossed off your to do list.

Hope this helps!
Best Wishes
Viv

Thank you so much for the info!!! I can't firm brighton as I'm still waiting for replies from other unis :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by yehya.a
I've emailed the admissions team twice now and they said for applicants who applied before Jan 15th, they're working towards a deadline of letting us know by March 31st... Hopefully we won't have to wait too much longer! :smile:

Thankyou! I'll email them too just to get on their case :wink:
Reply 155
I've been offered a place for fashion with business studies but I'll be moving to the new fashion communication course starting in September! I'm looking for two more people to join me and a friend for a shared house, wanting to start looking soon!
Anyone got an offer for civil engineering yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Do students need to apply for the bursaries directly or is this done through the Student Finance information sharing? Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Poppybear
Do students need to apply for the bursaries directly or is this done through the Student Finance information sharing? Thanks

Hi Poppybear

The University of Brighton bursary is allocated automatically as you have pointed out by the sharing of the student finance info. Full bursary details are here http://www.brighton.ac.uk/studentlife/money/bursaries-and-financial-support/bursaries2014/

Best Wishes
Viv
Reply 159
Thankyou! I'll email them too just to get on their case :wink:

Have you heard anything yet? I guess Monday might be our day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply