LSE entry for 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5880
Original post by geraldl
Got an offer for LLB law today!

Congrats!
May I ask, what grades did you get?
Also, did you do any extra curriculars?
Sorry for the questions, it's just that I'm an aspiring student and hoping to apply next year!
Well done once again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Original post by geraldl
Got an offer for LLB law today!

Congrats! You going to the offer day on 9th April? I just booked my place!
Original post by StretfordEnd

If you're coming from Manchester, the offer day is nothing special. You sit in the peacock theater and listen to some leading academics blab on about how lucky you are to be here.

Just in case you're having second thoughts about making the long journey to Holborn :wink:
Reply 5883
It was the UGAA and I understand why, my essay was shallow as in Lithuania we write nothing as serious as essays. However, I didn't expected even that invitation to the UGAA, so I'm not quite sad. I believe this year I'll be in QMUL IR and I'm going to change after a year because KCL and UCL accept only the ones after IB or one year in university from Lithuania.
Original post by paulytee
It was the UGAA and I understand why, my essay was shallow as in Lithuania we write nothing as serious as essays. However, I didn't expected even that invitation to the UGAA, so I'm not quite sad. I believe this year I'll be in QMUL IR and I'm going to change after a year because KCL and UCL accept only the ones after IB or one year in university from Lithuania.

It's great that you still have a way of studying in the UK. I kind of feel the same, because my system doesn't write essay exams. But I haven't heard back from them yet.
Reply 5885
Original post by Syokau
It's great that you still have a way of studying in the UK. I kind of feel the same, because my system doesn't write essay exams. But I haven't heard back from them yet.

Where are you from and which course did you apply to?
Original post by paulytee
Where are you from and which course did you apply to?

I'm from Kenya and I applied for the Social Anthropology course.
Original post by little_tom
If you're coming from Manchester, the offer day is nothing special. You sit in the peacock theater and listen to some leading academics blab on about how lucky you are to be here.

Just in case you're having second thoughts about making the long journey to Holborn :wink:

To be honest, I've not been to the Uni yet and there's no way I'm accepting an offfer without having a bit of a nose around! I'm not too concerned about the guff and the fluff though.

Thanks for the heads up mind!

You're an LSE student I take it?
I have offers for History from LSE and UCL...I'm attending the LSE open day on the 9th April, but that's quite a fair bit away and I'm worried not firming quickly will mean I'm disadvantaged regards to accommodation. Can anyone help me make up my mind between the two unis and/or shed more light on how the accommodation distribution thing works? Thanks :smile:
Original post by robcfunnell
I have offers for History from LSE and UCL...I'm attending the LSE open day on the 9th April, but that's quite a fair bit away and I'm worried not firming quickly will mean I'm disadvantaged regards to accommodation. Can anyone help me make up my mind between the two unis and/or shed more light on how the accommodation distribution thing works? Thanks :smile:

Accomodation isn't first come first served at LSE so take your time with it.
Reply 5890
Hallpad doesn't accept my password and when I try to reset it I don't receive the email and when I try to open a new account it doesn't allow me, even when I call them no one responds. da*** is going on !????
Original post by arminb
Hallpad doesn't accept my password and when I try to reset it I don't receive the email and when I try to open a new account it doesn't allow me, even when I call them no one responds. da*** is going on !????

The office hours are awkward as hell. Mon-Fri 9-4:30 or something similar.

Have you tried making sure your email is correct? It's case-sensitive, I had the same problems that you are having and to solve it I had to capitalise the first letter of my email since that's what I signed up with.
Reply 5892
Original post by NedStark
The office hours are awkward as hell. Mon-Fri 9-4:30 or something similar.

Have you tried making sure your email is correct? It's case-sensitive, I had the same problems that you are having and to solve it I had to capitalise the first letter of my email since that's what I signed up with.

I just tried that and that didn't work either :-O Could you log in and register and everything?
Original post by arminb
I just tried that and that didn't work either :-O Could you log in and register and everything?

Yeah I was able to do everything
Reply 5894
Original post by StretfordEnd

Hey mate yeah I am. I'm going for the open day as well.
Reply 5895
Original post by m0hd_J
Congrats!
May I ask, what grades did you get?
Also, did you do any extra curriculars?
Sorry for the questions, it's just that I'm an aspiring student and hoping to apply next year!
Well done once again!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I took a foundation programme at a rather well-known university (which for privacy reasons I will not name) and was the first person in over two decades to get an offer from the LSE for law. I interned at two law firms, did community legal clinic, pro bono and criminal legal aid. I also had stellar achievements in the army; I served in the army prior to my foundation year because of my country's conscription policy. Won several medals in national competitions in a sport.

Thank you, and best of luck with your application :biggrin:
Reply 5896
anyone for anthropology and law? i feel like the only one.lol
me :smile:
So what halls/accommodation have people here put as their choices? Interesting to see what places are more popular!
Reply 5899
This is a bit of a weird question, but why do you guys actually want to study economics
Is it cos you have a burning passion for it or is it for a good job? Please explain..

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest