The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by starcloud
did any international applicants get offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nope, not yet I hope!
Original post by momo26396
That was from admissions!
Good luck to all!

Does that mean that re-applicants will ONLY hear this week if they get an offer, or does it mean that the MAJORITY of re-applicants will hear this week if they get an offer? :smile:
Reply 2902
any school leavers doing IB heard anything yet?
Reply 2903
Original post by PocketMerlin
Does that mean that re-applicants will ONLY hear this week if they get an offer, or does it mean that the MAJORITY of re-applicants will hear this week if they get an offer? :smile:

I think that all home/eu applicants are hearing from Barts first. So perhaps international reapplicants will hear next week?
Reply 2904
I just called the admission. The lady confirmed that the last day to send out offers would be next Friday, also there is NO preferences of background (int'l v home, grad v school leaver) which will be sent first. Everything will come along to us as they assess.

Hope that helps soothing the edge that some int'l and graduate students might have like I did ^^
Reply 2905
For all those thinking that their interviews went awfully, there's still chance! I came out of my Bart's interview feeling like it was a waste of time and had no chance of receiving an offer from them. When I received an offer from Manchester a few days later I was so tempted to just remove my application from Bart's and save myself from the disappointment of being rejected from the medical school that has been my first choice throughout this application cycle. (I got 4 rejections prior to interview last year and declined my offer from Birmingham for medical science to have another shot at applying for medicine)
I'm so glad I didn't remove my application now, I couldn't quite believe it when I got my offer through on Wednesday, there was part of me thinking that it was some kind of joke! (as I know sgul messed up some of their offers and had to take them back earlier this year)
So, hopefully I will be seeing all of you with offers in September! And to those who haven't yet heard, good luck, I hope to see you all there as well! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2906
Original post by Han164
For all those thinking that their interviews went awfully, there's still chance! I came out of my Bart's interview feeling like it was a waste of time and had no chance of receiving an offer from them. When I received an offer from Manchester a few days later I was so tempted to just remove my application from Bart's and save myself from the disappointment of being rejected from the medical school that has been my first choice throughout this application cycle. (I got 4 rejections prior to interview last year and declined my offer from Birmingham for medical science to have another shot at applying for medicine)
I'm so glad I didn't remove my application now, I couldn't quite believe it when I got my offer through on Wednesday, there was part of me thinking that it was some kind of joke! (as I know sgul messed up some of their offers and had to take them back earlier this year)
So, hopefully I will be seeing all of you with offers in September! And to those who haven't yet heard, good luck, I hope to see you all there as well! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think I know you, don't worry not creepy stalker here. I think you went to school with BA (my son) who is doing Engineering and your dad hangs out with his dad cycling. If so well done, well deserved and you're an inspiration never to quit :biggrin: If I got the wrong person then apologies but many congrats anyway
Reply 2907
Original post by Folion
I think I know you, don't worry not creepy stalker here. I think you went to school with BA (my son) who is doing Engineering and your dad hangs out with his dad cycling. If so well done, well deserved and you're an inspiration never to quit :biggrin: If I got the wrong person then apologies but many congrats anyway

Yeah, you've got the right person! Thank you so much!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2908
Original post by Han164

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for posting this, exactly what I needed to hear :biggrin:
Reply 2909
Reapp, still heard nothing yet.
Don't know how many offers they are going to give out today :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jollygood
Don't know how many offers they are going to give out today :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

I called them today and they said they will be giving out offers up until next friday, so I wouldn't think they will be giving out many offers today
Original post by General Maximus
I called them today and they said they will be giving out offers up until next friday, so I wouldn't think they will be giving out many offers today

They said they would update the track today at 4pm!
Id like to think they would give out alot of offers today before weekend but tbh i still probably wont hear today
So it begins again in 8 minutes :tongue:
Original post by General Maximus

Did you by any chance find out when A101 offers will start coming through? :smile:
gooood luck people!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lucey
any school leavers doing IB heard anything yet?

Is a school leaver someone on a gap year? If so, yes I got an offer on Wednesday.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2918
Original post by georginaj94
Is a school leaver someone on a gap year? If so, yes I got an offer on Wednesday.

Actually school leaver is someone who is still in his IB2 and will be leaving school this year after the finals in may :P
But hey congrats on your offer! :smile: what were your grades at HL and overall?
Original post by lucey
Actually school leaver is someone who is still in his IB2 and will be leaving school this year after the finals in may :P
But hey congrats on your offer! :smile: what were your grades at HL and overall?

Oh haha sorry!! :tongue:
I never knew exactly what that meant. I guess I do now :wink:

Thank you!!

39 overall and 776.

Quick Reply

Latest