The Student Room Group

Wearing your teams home shirt in a rival city ?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by IMBCFC
I thought leeds didnt even see us as rivals

Posted from TSR Mobile

We actually have a pretty bad history. I think back in the day we managed to kill a Leeds fan by pushing a wall on him or something. I say we, not really us fans as a whole!

The funniest I came across was at Hillsborough last week some Wednesday fans shouted at some supporters that they were all on benefits and a fight started...but it turned out they were other Wednesday fans!!!
Reply 21
Original post by redferry
We actually have a pretty bad history. I think back in the day we managed to kill a Leeds fan by pushing a wall on him or something. I say we, not really us fans as a whole!

The funniest I came across was at Hillsborough last week some Wednesday fans shouted at some supporters that they were all on benefits and a fight started...but it turned out they were other Wednesday fans!!!

Yeah we just don't get on with Leeds, a bit like our feuds with Man City and Cardiff, also Millwall But I don't think anyone likes Millwall...

Nice to have some more Blues fans on here.
Reply 22
Original post by pane123
Who wears football shirts unless you are going to a match?

I wear Blues shirts all the time, they're just part of my usual wardrobe I don't think it's weird.
Reply 23
Original post by Hooby
Yeah we just don't get on with Leeds, a bit like our feuds with Man City and Cardiff, also Millwall But I don't think anyone likes Millwall...

Nice to have some more Blues fans on here.

I don't think anyone likes Cardiff either!

Yeah its not like there's many of us left actually going to StAndrews
Reply 24
Original post by Hooby
I wear Blues shirts all the time, they're just part of my usual wardrobe I don't think it's weird.

Well, you're wrong. It's no coincidence that lots of places will not let you in if you are wearing a football shirt.
Reply 25
I don't think anyone likes Cardiff either!

Yeah its not like there's many of us left actually going to StAndrews

Our away support is better, although the ones that do go to home games .(I include myself in this) tend to sing more/spur the team on even when we're losing kind of thing. Think a lot of it this season is related to money, if they do a few more offers like the other week then the ground gets twice as many. You'd think they'd have realised this by now...

We have a special history with Cardiff, going back to the Apex/original Zulus days :smile:
Reply 26
Original post by pane123
Well, you're wrong. It's no coincidence that lots of places will not let you in if you are wearing a football shirt.

Lots of places? I'd say that was more to do with the attitude to the team/ infamous supporters than it being the football shirt itself. I don't really have any problems getting in anywhere :smile:
Reply 27

I think you have the wrong end of the stick i support bradford

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 28
Original post by Hooby
Lots of places? I'd say that was more to do with the attitude to the team/ infamous supporters than it being the football shirt itself. I don't really have any problems getting in anywhere :smile:

Bars and clubs wouldn't let you in. I just don't see the point in wearing something that provides you with no benefit but has the potential to attract trouble.
Reply 29
Original post by pane123
He is weird.

Mate i was wearing it coz i had a match at leeds uni i was going to play with my friends.

I dont think it is weird to wear one anyway

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 30
Original post by Hooby
Our away support is better, although the ones that do go to home games .(I include myself in this) tend to sing more/spur the team on even when we're losing kind of thing. Think a lot of it this season is related to money, if they do a few more offers like the other week then the ground gets twice as many. You'd think they'd have realised this by now...

We have a special history with Cardiff, going back to the Apex/original Zulus days :smile:

Also no-one wants to give Carson any cash so they don't come. That and we are god awful :tongue:
Reply 31
Original post by IMBCFC
I think you have the wrong end of the stick i support bradford

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haha well, you can see where the confusion arose!

Sureley Leeds Bradford is a Derby???
Wore my Villa shirt in Birmingham City Centre had a Birmingham fan come up to me say he was gonna smash my face in and kill my family, I just ignore it. Most of the time it is friendly banter but you always get the odd foolish fan who spoils it.
Reply 33
Also no-one wants to give Carson any cash so they don't come. That and we are god awful :tongue:

I'm the ultimate optimist, we can play very well but the inconsistency of him picking the squad seems to be having the most impact at the moment, we were good against Burnley, pretty much dominated them in places, and then Macheda changed the game. We did have a turnaround of 11 players in transfer window and lots of injuries so considering our money issues and everything else I think we'll be fine :smile:

You going Milwall?
Reply 34
Original post by Rock Fan
Wore my Villa shirt in Birmingham City Centre had a Birmingham fan come up to me say he was gonna smash my face in and kill my family, I just ignore it. Most of the time it is friendly banter but you always get the odd foolish fan who spoils it.

You're a villa fan what do you expect :wink: our fan bases have a very special relationship!

how are you anyway? Haven't spoken to you in a while ! I did the unthinkable and actually made friends with a villa fan this term!
Wearing Man United shirts should not be allowed unless you carry documentation to prvide you were born in a Manchester postcode. In general I would discourage it as many I expect are not official club merchandise and so the money goes to tat merchants not football clubs.
Reply 36
Original post by pane123
Bars and clubs wouldn't let you in. I just don't see the point in wearing something that provides you with no benefit but has the potential to attract trouble.

Haha I've never not been allowed in cos I was wearing a blues shirt and that's not just in the clubs/bars controlled by Zulus. Think you're generalising what happens very rarely. Also it provides you with loads of benefit and the ones who have the potential to attract trouble as you say are usually the ones looking for it. The lads in the firms get to know lads in opposition firms so it's not usually a random attack on fans, it's pretty organised.
Reply 37
Haha well, you can see where the confusion arose!

Sureley Leeds Bradford is a Derby???

It is to us but according to leeds fans were not considered anything to them

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hooby
You're a villa fan what do you expect :wink: our fan bases have a very special relationship!

how are you anyway? Haven't spoken to you in a while ! I did the unthinkable and actually made friends with a villa fan this term!

Yeah Blues and Villa absolutely adore each other :p: I am good thanks I hope you are well been very busy at work lately. Hey nothing wrong with making friends from the enemy, I used to work with several Birmingham fans, we always had a good laugh.
Reply 39
Original post by IMBCFC
It is to us but according to leeds fans were not considered anything to them

Posted from TSR Mobile

Leeds are all round pretty scummy though

Quick Reply

Latest