The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

So has anyone heard anything today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Matthew150
So has anyone heard anything today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not yet- we are in the midst of the offer distributing period (for the day) though :biggrin:
Reply 2922
Original post by georginaj94

Oh haha sorry!! :tongue:
I never knew exactly what that meant. I guess I do now :wink:

Thank you!!

39 overall and 776.

Wow! What were your subjects

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tee Logan x
Not yet- we are in the midst of the offer distributing period (for the day) though :biggrin:

Look at the dentistry thread...its our turn today :tongue: *hopes for offer*
Original post by GirlWithADream
Look at the dentistry thread...its our turn today :tongue: *hopes for offer*

Aww good luck! Just as I read this, i got email- thought it was track but noooooooo it was just an email from pinterest :| :tongue:
So at the moment it's not looking like there were (m)any medicine offers today, so I'm giving up for the day. Just for future reference, though, did those that received offers get an email from UCAS immediately, or was it a matter of checking track to see if there's anythign there? Would be nice to know that I don't have to just keep checking.
Reply 2926
Original post by georginaj94

39 overall and 776.

Wow!! Great stats!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2927
Original post by chrisbontnewydd
So at the moment it's not looking like there were (m)any medicine offers today, so I'm giving up for the day. Just for future reference, though, did those that received offers get an email from UCAS immediately, or was it a matter of checking track to see if there's anythign there? Would be nice to know that I don't have to just keep checking.

My friend told me he got an email 15 mins later than the update on Track

Posted from TSR Mobile
I really thought it was going to be today, really disappointing.
Original post by Matthew150
I really thought it was going to be today, really disappointing.

One of the person i know got an offer today. I think most of the offers will be given out next week
Reply 2930
I got an offer!!! ejbgaeolbghrjklgaghb! literally so happy and so shocked!
I am a year 13 student, and it's a conditional offer of AAA (surprising because i do 4 subjects so i thought it'd be AAAC, but it's not)
track updated at 4:33
my interview was on the 25th February at 4:15, group C :smile:
hang in their guyys!
i literally was not expecting it, because i genuinely thought i mucked up my interview, my most poorly answered questions were why barts and why medicine, perhaps two of the most important ones!! and i'm not just saying that, one of my answers to why medicine was 'because i like helping people, for example if someone is lost at school, i like to help them by guiding them in the right direction' .... they then joked around for a bit at that response, because let's be honest it's a pretty poor quality example...i could have linked it to work experience, in fact i didn't talk about my work experience at all throughout the interview. but i guess my main point is, don't speculate and don't bring yourself about the answers you gave at your interview, becasue i think it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what they want...
just hang in their guys, and good luck!! :smile:
Original post by 2272
I am a year 13 student, and it's a conditional offer of AAA (surprising because i do 4 subjects so i thought it'd be AAAC, but it's not)
hang in their guyys!
i literally was not expecting it, because i genuinely thought i mucked up my interview, my most poorly answered questions were why barts and why medicine, perhaps two of the most important ones!! and i'm not just saying that, one of my answers to why medicine was 'because i like helping people, for example if someone is lost at school, i like to help them by guiding them in the right direction' .... they then joked around for a bit at that response, because let's be honest it's a pretty poor quality example...i could have linked it to work experience, in fact i didn't talk about my work experience at all throughout the interview. but i guess my main point is, don't speculate and don't bring yourself about the answers you gave at your interview, becasue i think it's difficult to pinpoint exactly what they want...

Congratulations! Well done mate!
Offer! 4.33pm :smile:

AAA

I'm a school leaver, currently in Yr 13...Good luck to anyone still waiting.
Reply 2933
Original post by qwerty_96
Offer! 4.33pm :smile:

AAA

I'm a school leaver, currently in Yr 13...Good luck to anyone still waiting.

got one at the same time as you guys! does yours just state AAA with no specific subjects too?
Reply 2934
Original post by 2272
hang in their guyys!
ahh yhh totally agree with you! interviews are soo unpredictable! are you firming barts?
Original post by medic321
got one at the same time as you guys! does yours just state AAA with no specific subjects too?

Yep :smile:
"This offer is subject to you obtaining GCE A level Grades AAA From 2014 examinations"
Original post by starcloud
did any international applicants get offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im taking ib snd i havent heard from them yet:s-smilie: international student btw (:
for what it's worth, i left my interview wanting to literally cry but held in the tears because i didn't want anyone to see them. It was that bad.

i had an offer from manchester last week and completely forgot about barts due to my experience and was over the moon at manc.

So when my offer came, you can only imagine how shocked i was
Reply 2938
Original post by pencilsaregreat
for what it's worth, i left my interview wanting to literally cry but held in the tears because i didn't want anyone to see them. It was that bad.

i had an offer from manchester last week and completely forgot about barts due to my experience and was over the moon at manc.

So when my offer came, you can only imagine how shocked i was

congrats. barts has a great interview to offer ratio. will u be firming barts?
Reply 2939
Would they give out any offers today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending