The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Reply 540

Get out of it Redknapp, we know its actually you.
Birmingham fan wandering in. I will be leaving promptly if any Villa fans bully me though, be nice.

Being mean to us is like kicking a homeless person in our current state :frown:
Original post by redferry
Birmingham fan wandering in. I will be leaving promptly if any Villa fans bully me though, be nice.

Being mean to us is like kicking a homeless person in our current state :frown:

At least your club plays in the city of its name. I would say we're homeless but for that to qualify we'd have to have been kicked out rather than left of our own volition.
Original post by Midlander
At least your club plays in the city of its name. I would say we're homeless but for that to qualify we'd have to have been kicked out rather than left of our own volition.

No thanks to the owner though!!!

He was going to sell the ground but the council have said they will stop him.
Original post by Hooby
I'm the ultimate optimist, we can play very well but the inconsistency of him picking the squad seems to be having the most impact at the moment, we were good against Burnley, pretty much dominated them in places, and then Macheda changed the game. We did have a turnaround of 11 players in transfer window and lots of injuries so considering our money issues and everything else I think we'll be fine :smile:

You going Milwall?

Switched threads to somewhere more relevant

Same story at Wednesday last week to be honest. It felt like Clark put a team out without ever having seen Wednesday play. Having watched Wednesday all season (boyfriends a Wednesday fan) I just have no understanding as to why we played everything through Burke when Helan is an absolutely class player.

Nah my next match is next weekend against Bournemouth. I live in Leeds so London mid week is a bit far!!!
Hey just a heads up if anyone wants added to the list on the first page on which team you support in the football league/non league, feel free to drop me a PM or a visitor message :yy:
Reply 546
Original post by Rock Fan
Hey just a heads up if anyone wants added to the list on the first page on which team you support in the football league/non league, feel free to drop me a PM or a visitor message :yy:

First time on this thread rocky, you know what to put down. :smile:
No thanks to the owner though!!!

He was going to sell the ground but the council have said they will stop him.

If only our council were so generous!

Posted from TSR Mobile
If only our council were so generous!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah you guys are in the ****. We Birmingham fans have a soft spot for you lot.

Hopefully things will come together for both of us some day :frown:
Reply 549

Things will improve for the both of us :smile: have faith! At least we have someone that wants to buy us! :smile: plus with the blues trust, St. Andrews as a community asset and all the press we have been getting something is bound to happen sooner or later
Original post by Hooby
Things will improve for the both of us :smile: have faith! At least we have someone that wants to buy us! :smile: plus with the blues trust, St. Andrews as a community asset and all the press we have been getting something is bound to happen sooner or later

I wish I was as optimistic as you! I've never seen St Andrews as dead as it has been this season!!!

You could buy Crystal Palace for the same price they are asking for us!!!
Reply 551
I wish I was as optimistic as you! I've never seen St Andrews as dead as it has been this season!!!

You could buy Crystal Palace for the same price they are asking for us!!!

Even when we are dead tho, as in number of supporters the atmosphere is always singing, even in strong hail! :smile: why would you want to buy palace......that's just....i can't believe you compared us to...them.
Original post by Hooby
Even when we are dead tho, as in number of supporters the atmosphere is always singing, even in strong hail! :smile: why would you want to buy palace......that's just....i can't believe you compared us to...them.

I think I've spent too much time at Hillsborough. Can't knock our away support though, its been excellent all year.

Well, only in terms of cost. Of course we are the far superior team :tongue:

Same story at Wednesday last week to be honest. It felt like Clark put a team out without ever having seen Wednesday play. Having watched Wednesday all season (boyfriends a Wednesday fan) I just have no understanding as to why we played everything through Burke when Helan is an absolutely class player.

Its ironic really, Helan's gotten some right flak this year until the last few matches :tongue:
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
Its ironic really, Helan's gotten some right flak this year until the last few matches :tongue:

I've been watching Wednesday for two seasons and always rated him!!! Did an amazing job sitting on Burke last weekend. His distribution could do with some work though!!

Original post by Hooby

Birmingham have things a lot better than we do and that is saying a hell of a lot. Also, the FA have just publicly stated they want nothing to do with the situation-so kind of them to shaft clubs in need.
Birmingham have things a lot better than we do and that is saying a hell of a lot. Also, the FA have just publicly stated they want nothing to do with the situation-so kind of them to shaft clubs in need.

Yeah the FA are useless, were just lucky to have such a good local council
Do I dare utter the words: "Next season will be our season".

​Already predicting 10th place next year. Our defence is absolute dog ****.
Yeah the FA are useless, were just lucky to have such a good local council

I've got to say I'm very disillusioned with football at the moment. To be more precise, English football, for allowing this shambles to continue and not lift a finger about it.

SLF has his bizarre doubts on the German system but for me any model that prevents farcical situations as that at Coventry should be applauded.
Original post by Silver Arrows
Do I dare utter the words: "Next season will be our season".
​Already predicting 10th place next year. Our defence is absolute dog ****.

Did the League allow that crook to take over the club then?

Quick Reply

Latest