The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by LiSpi
Just got an email asking for reference from my employer of employment and suitability by the 25th march. Everything crossed that this means they want me...

That's what happened for Adam and he got an offer. Looking good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Katyb77
Well my son had his Cambridge interview the day before his Leicester interview on December the 12th and 13th. Got his decision from Cambridge on the 4th January and Leicester on 19th March. There is no need for it to take so long...... Well in my opinion anyway :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I see what you mean! I guess the difference is that Cambridge have the facilities to interview all applicants in the space of a few days, whereas other unis dont and thus have to drag it out over a longer period of time!
Reply 3302
Still haven't heard :frown: interview was on 29th Jan.
Original post by Momberly
Still haven't heard :frown: interview was on 29th Jan.

Do you have any other offers?
Original post by LiSpi
Just got an email asking for reference from my employer of employment and suitability by the 25th march. Everything crossed that this means they want me...

Wow that's a really good sign!!!! I'm hoping we hear of an offer for you very soon :smile:

Original post by Amyk89
There will be (plus one with your name on).... At last you have a deadline and should hear next week (it would be cruel if you're waiting till the Monday!).
Besides when you get your offer, the waiting doesn't stop... Still got the 6 month wait to start... You need a lot of patients to become a doctor :tongue::awesome::mmm: :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loooool, I would so rep you if I could! Thank you, I think you have more faith than I do at the moment!
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by petzneo
Wow that's a really good sign!!!! I'm hoping we hear of an offer for you very soon :smile:

Loooool, I would so rep you if I could! Thank you, I think you have more faith than I do at the moment!

Its hard to keep the faith with such a long wait, it feels like it will never happen. I just want everyone to get an offer and come join us at Leicester now :P At least you should hear next week, but I imagine next week will be painful... I hope you have something nice to distract you
Reply 3306
Is there a undergrad offer holders facebook page yet? I'd love to start getting to know you all! :jumphug:
Reply 3307
Original post by purple and gold
Do you have any other offers?

Noo I don't (if you stalk me you'll see I've posted in other forums, but I share this account with my friends and thyeve got offers and have been posting, it's not me)
Got my offer on Monday 17th March! Though I didn't know until I got the letter in the post since I'd been too lazy to check my emails haha :smile: My interview was on 16th December. Good luck for everyone else waiting to hear back :biggrin:
Original post by Fael42
Is there a undergrad offer holders facebook page yet? I'd love to start getting to know you all! :jumphug:

Theres one on tsr :P

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3310
Hi guys, I'm new to The Student Room and came across this thread today.

Just wanted to say that I received a graduate offer yesterday around 14:45. I interviewed on the morning of the 29th Jan (second interview group so hi to anyone who was there with me!).

I saw that there is a Facebook group for a101 offer holders? Will someone be able to link me please?

I received an email from the university confirming my offer but found no mention of the open day in April. Where did you guys here about it?

Congratulations to everyone with an offer and hope to see you all soon. Wish everyone still waiting the best of luck and hope you all receive offers soon!
Original post by Doctord2
Hi guys, I'm new to The Student Room and came across this thread today.

Just wanted to say that I received a graduate offer yesterday around 14:45. I interviewed on the morning of the 29th Jan (second interview group so hi to anyone who was there with me!).

I saw that there is a Facebook group for a101 offer holders? Will someone be able to link me please?

I received an email from the university confirming my offer but found no mention of the open day in April. Where did you guys here about it?

Congratulations to everyone with an offer and hope to see you all soon. Wish everyone still waiting the best of luck and hope you all receive offers soon!

Congrats.
I can't link to it on my phone but if you look at my past posts you should find it, or just look for Leicester gem offer holders 2014 on Facebook.

They sent me a booking link in an email for the open day. I can message you with the link when I get home this evening

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi I don't really use the student room but I just wanted to get peoples opinions on this. I received an email from one of the admissions administrators this week asking if I would be happy to have an appointment with their Occupational Health department seeing if I am capable of doing medicine (I have an eye condition but I have been to my ophthalmologist and he said I'm fine to be a doctor but surgery just isn't an option for me) and whether I need to access any additional help. Is this a good sign? Its my last option and I'm on a gap year, surely if they were going to reject me they wouldn't bother with this right?
Reply 3313
Original post by Red&Green
Hi I don't really use the student room but I just wanted to get peoples opinions on this. I received an email from one of the admissions administrators this week asking if I would be happy to have an appointment with their Occupational Health department seeing if I am capable of doing medicine (I have an eye condition but I have been to my ophthalmologist and he said I'm fine to be a doctor but surgery just isn't an option for me) and whether I need to access any additional help. Is this a good sign? Its my last option and I'm on a gap year, surely if they were going to reject me they wouldn't bother with this right?

Definitely a positive sign; no way they'd worry about it if they were planning on rejecting you surely..?
Original post by Dr Gin
Definitely a positive sign; no way they'd worry about it if they were planning on rejecting you surely..?

I really really hope so!
Just firmed my offer from Leicester :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3316
Original post by petzneo

Thanks, my matron is writing it as we speak and it'll be sent off 9am tomorrow morning! I don't want any reason for them to slow down!
Everything crossed you hear good news this week!
Can I ask u a question I'm in year 10 now
Do u have to have triple science to do med at university.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3318
Original post by basit282828
Can I ask u a question I'm in year 10 now
Do u have to have triple science to do med at university.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No i did science + additional

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hl7495
No i did science + additional

Posted from TSR Mobile

U just made my whole life, thank u sooooo much

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending