The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Peterhill96
I'd hope so, and I would have thought you'd be up there too- we've still got an outside chance this season - given the run we're on, but next season is more likely. And we've got a nice FA cup semi final to look forward too :biggrin:

Yeah, I'd be looking forward to that one and it's a very winnable game. League 1 is a very easy division to get out of for a fundamentally well run club-everything that we are not!
Original post by Midlander
Yeah, I'd be looking forward to that one and it's a very winnable game. League 1 is a very easy division to get out of for a fundamentally well run club-everything that we are not!

It should be good - we do have a chance! Well you're starting to turn things around now aren't you? We haven't been able to get out of it for a few years now....
It should be good - we do have a chance! Well you're starting to turn things around now aren't you? We haven't been able to get out of it for a few years now....

Nope. With Clarke sold and the owners refusing to shift the team from Northampton I would expect big trouble next season, assuming we make it through the rest of this one (far from certain in itself). Supporting Coventry is some cruel and unusual punishment devised by the football gods...
Nope. With Clarke sold and the owners refusing to shift the team from Northampton I would expect big trouble next season, assuming we make it through the rest of this one (far from certain in itself). Supporting Coventry is some cruel and unusual punishment devised by the football gods...

Haha, Im sure it'll get better one day! We've had some bad times recently as well - from getting relegated unfairly in 2007 due to a certain Carlos Tevez' transfer, and its gone downhill from there. Another relegation and two play off finals losses.....But I'm hoping we're on the up now! You'll definitely stay up this year, i wouldn't worry about that...
Haha, Im sure it'll get better one day! We've had some bad times recently as well - from getting relegated unfairly in 2007 due to a certain Carlos Tevez' transfer, and its gone downhill from there. Another relegation and two play off finals losses.....But I'm hoping we're on the up now! You'll definitely stay up this year, i wouldn't worry about that...

You guys got properly screwed over by Tevez gate for sure. All I want is for Coventry to play in Coventry, what should be so bloody complicated about that?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
You guys got properly screwed over by Tevez gate for sure. All I want is for Coventry to play in Coventry, what should be so bloody complicated about that?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

We did indeed! I know - It's a bit weird really!

I knew Carlos Tevez would come up somewhere in this discussion :tongue: to be fair as crazy as it was with the CT stuff you really mucked up in that final third hence the relegation.
We did indeed! I know - It's a bit weird really!

Saying that, I absolutely couldn't stand Warnock. The way he hounded referees was a disgrace and his failure to ever take responsibility without blaming officials made me glad to see him leave management.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nixonsjellybeans
I knew Carlos Tevez would come up somewhere in this discussion :tongue: to be fair as crazy as it was with the CT stuff you really mucked up in that final third hence the relegation.

How United conspired to lose at home to West Ham I have no idea. One of the luckiest escapes in top flight history, and as a Coventry fan, I should know :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Im sure we would have stayed up without him. And also the last day losing at home to Wigan who stayed up with the winner a penalty from David Unsworth, who we sold to them in January....
[QUOTE="Midlander;46839184"]Saying that, I absolutely couldn't stand Warnock. The way he hounded referees was a disgrace and his failure to ever take responsibility without blaming officials made me glad to see him leave management.

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

I think Warnock was great! He had so much passion for the team! But he wasn't liked by all
Im sure we would have stayed up without him. And also the last day losing at home to Wigan who stayed up with the winner a penalty from David Unsworth, who we sold to them in January....

But in the end you didn't and you weren't good enough. Blaming your relegation on one player is naive.
But in the end you didn't and you weren't good enough. Blaming your relegation on one player is naive.

I know we weren't. Just saying it could have been different....
I know we weren't. Just saying it could have been different....

Indeed. For me your biggest mess up was somehow not getting promoted in the following seasons, you could and should have easily bounced back with the money you had.
Indeed. For me your biggest mess up was somehow not getting promoted in the following seasons, you could and should have easily bounced back with the money you had.

We nearly did - reached a play off final in 2011. Just couldn't quite get there. Who do you support?
We nearly did - reached a play off final in 2011. Just couldn't quite get there. Who do you support?

Wednesday :lol: I just had to comment when I saw you were a United fan, sorry :tongue:
Wednesday :lol: I just had to comment when I saw you were a United fan, sorry :tongue:

Ahh, I see! :biggrin: Shame you couldn't beat Charlton - we could have had a nice Steel City FA cup quarter final!:tongue:
Ahh, I see! :biggrin: Shame you couldn't beat Charlton - we could have had a nice Steel City FA cup quarter final!:tongue:

Tell me about it :frown: on paper the nicest cup draw we've had for years and we still screw it up, I wasn't happy after. I'm trying to forget by looking at the league table and convincing myself we're safe from relegation for another year.
(edited 10 years ago)
Tell me about it :frown: on paper the nicest cup draw we've had for years and we still screw it up, I wasn't happy after. I'm trying to forget by looking at the league table and convincing myself we're safe from relegation for another year.

It would have been a good game and atmosphere, but not to be...You can't go down from the position you are in, surely?
What's a forest fans favourite TV Show?

Hawaii Five-0

Seeing any Billy Davies side so comprehensively thrashed is a lovely moment.

Quick Reply

Latest