The Student Room Group

UCL Medicine Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1300
Is the letter the send offer holders by post the same as that on the ucl portal? How do I apply for accommodation???
Reply 1301
OMG OFFER TODAY :O :O D :biggrin: :biggrin: Literally the happiest person alive right now, it doesn't feel real! Had my interview on the 18th... if anyone was on that day too, I was the girl who was last to be interviewed (I thought they forgot about me!)
Original post by ProfXavier
Just been made on offer today!

AAA, including Biology, Chemistry *and Physics* eek!
..better start working harder and easing off on the maths!

For reference my stats are:
GCSE: 14A*
AS: AAAABB in Bio, Chem, Maths, Gen S, Phys and Crit Th
BMAT: 3.7, 5.2, 2.5A

Congratulations on the offer my stats are very similar too you (but got 4.3 in section1) and I got a rejection :frown: I wonder how they decide
Who to accept and reject?
Just putting my thoughts out there haha but well done you must be over the moon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Layontheland
Congratulations on the offer my stats are very similar too you (but got 4.3 in section1) and I got a rejection :frown: I wonder how they decide
Who to accept and reject?
Just putting my thoughts out there haha but well done you must be over the moon :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a rejection with 8A*2A, AAAB, predicted AAAA in bio,chem,phy,maths, and 6.2 5.5 3A. Luckily I've got an offer from elsewhere!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by timeywimey
I got a rejection with 8A*2A, AAAB, predicted AAAA in bio,chem,phy,maths, and 6.2 5.5 3A. Luckily I've got an offer from elsewhere!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't understand how this works, your stats are good. Yet you still got rejected.
My stats are:
5a* 3A, AAAAA for bio, chem, physics, maths, psychology
Predicted: 4A* with an achieved A in maths
I'm waiting on another universe for medicine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I don't understand how this works, your stats are good. Yet you still got rejected.
My stats are:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I don't understand either, anyway, hope you get an offer- your stats are really good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
My stats are:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well when stats are similar then the only factor left is personal statement? Anyhow best of luck :smile:
My stats are:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got rejected post interview, the ethics brought me down

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by zhang599
Well when stats are similar then the only factor left is personal statement? Anyhow best of luck :smile:

That's true, its a shame really.
I've always been interested in how they essentially "weigh up" personal statements. Changing something qualitative into something more measurable, quantitative data.

Original post by timeywimey
I got rejected post interview, the ethics brought me down

Bad luck, at least you know you were consider. And it's really to do with explaining yourself rather then knowing the correct response.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tehreem5
Does anyone know what the is involved within the 3rd year Bsc partof the course- is it simply a research project that you complete?

You do a number of taught courses, its a interesting part of the programme
Reply 1310
What are ssc's and how do they work??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by mli26
What are ssc's and how do they work??

Posted from TSR Mobile

They are student selected components, essentially a small module that you can select. They are two blocks for Year 1 where you may choose two single block SSCs or one double block SSC. They take place every Friday afternoon usually and the requirement is that you need to pass them to be able to pass the Year.
Reply 1312
Hey, are the any current UCL medics that would be able to give a rough guide of hours/timetable for the first year? Thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1313
Rejected on Friday, (13A*; 5.5,5.6,4A)
Reply 1314
Original post by shmuxel
Rejected on Friday, (13A*; 5.5,5.6,4A)

same i was too... was it after an interview?
Reply 1315
Did anyone get a deferred offer?
Reply 1316
Original post by tanndx
Did anyone get a deferred offer?

I did. Did you get one too?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1317
Yes. I am obviously really happy about the offer but I really had wanted to start this year. Do you think there's any point contacting them?
Reply 1318
Original post by tanndx
Yes. I am obviously really happy about the offer but I really had wanted to start this year. Do you think there's any point contacting them?

I know, I was in the same position, was quite annoyed about it. What was the reason your were given deferred?
I emailed them and asked about it and half begged half asked for them to change it and school emailed, but they said no, we are doing this for your benefit so we won't change it.....
So annoying -_-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1319
To gain 'maturity and confidence'

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending