The Student Room Group
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website

Canterbury Christ Church accommodation

Scroll to see replies

Original post by bemydetonator
Parham Road is so good! I lived there in 2012/2013 it was so good and you make so many friends and there were always people about to talk to Asda is mega close if you fancy chocolate at 2am but it shuts at 10pm on a Saturday (sucks)
St.George's is super antisocial and no-one really knew anyone and above the SU so when events are on it can be noisy :/

Lanfranc is okay but its been said that its majority of girls living there (not a bad thing but it's been said)

Pin Hill is right next to the city's biggest student club and it has like 2/3 people sharing not ideal for people who want a large house/more housemates.

Parham is like 10 minutes from uni there's a shortcut I'm sure you'll find it but seriously the best year of my life was in Parham Road :smile: The courts are really good they're like gardens and you can sit out there and pre-drink or chat in the day time and even mess around we had so many food fights in our court :smile: the houses in Parham are actually really nice and modern I had a house with shared kitchen and shared bathroom (only shared my bathroom with the two other girls so it was okay)

good luck!!!!!
how many bathrooms are there between a set of people
Canterbury Cathedral
Canterbury Christ Church University
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 21
Does anyone know if theres a sofa lounge in pin hill? I was stupid and applied to it as a third option without viewing there, also has anyone else been allocated to stay there?
Reply 22
Hi. I am starting from April 2014. Do you think accommodation in the campus will be easy to find?
Reply 23
Hey Gurungk, the university website has a section for accommodation where you can apply. The April intake will open up later on but keep an eye on it for when it opens to apply.
Reply 24
Hey! Is anyone going to be living in Parham Road Student Village from September?? :smile:
Yes me! :smile: 13 sargeants parade!
Reply 26
Original post by Paulr23
Sorry but you're wrong, I'm situated in Pin Hill, and my room number is number 4. I'm pretty sure the uni can count so its highly likely its more than 2/3 people per house hold, unless they number the rooms 1,3,4 or 1,4 which is highly unlikely don't you think?

How are you finding Pin Hill, would you recommend it? How long is the walk to campus?
Reply 27
Anybody going through the private sector?
Can anybody here tell me about the accommodation application system? I'm sort of lost in it, as it seems... I've submitted my application to Canterbury CCU and now I have to pick a place to stay.
From what I understand of the previous discussion, it doesn't entirely seem to be my choice. Could anyone tell me how the accomodation process works? How many options do I have? And how does the accomodation office delegate the rooms?
Original post by DianneRPope
Can anybody here tell me about the accommodation application system? I'm sort of lost in it, as it seems... I've submitted my application to Canterbury CCU and now I have to pick a place to stay.
From what I understand of the previous discussion, it doesn't entirely seem to be my choice. Could anyone tell me how the accomodation process works? How many options do I have? And how does the accomodation office delegate the rooms?

I am going there this septembre as well. Application are made only and apparently is going to open early April. I think we get to pick 3 choices. They say they allocate people based on first come serves as they have the date of the application they have received. However i think they only start allocating when they have our results and i think we have to pay a fee of £100 to like reserve a place for us in the accomodation. This is as much as i know haha. Hope it helped.
Hey guys,

I am a current student at Canterbury Christ Church University!
We have created a Facebook group run by current CCCU students to give Freshers useful and real advice/info/tips on university life in Canterbury!

Be the first to find out about the huge Freshers Week events, meet your housemates, find people on your course and get information about the university, accommodation, nightlife and the city in general!

Feel free to post any questions on the wall about accommodation and we will be more than happy to answer them!

Join the CCCU Freshers Facebook group:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/cccufreshers14/

Add the CCCU Freshers Facebook profile:
https://www.facebook.com/christchurch.freshers.58
Original post by David Chance
If anyone wants to know MSG ME !, currently a first year living in Parham Road: Parham Close !

How is it?
Im curious as to how much storage each student gets in the kitchen area?

Am interested in staying at Lanfranc but just a general idea would be great :-D

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 33
What services come in a room? I know they will differ depending on the size and location but how many socket outlets, is there a TV ariel etc. What would I expect to find when I start in September?

Reply 34
Original post by David Chance
Hi there, from my own experience from living in a house in Parham......I have a total of 4 socket outlets. One behind my bed and another by the desk/computer desk that is provided. There is no TV Ariel provided but a socket for one is. Hope this answers your questions !

Yeah that answers it. Thanks :smile:
Original post by Geeky
I have already recieved my place at the university because i have taken a gap year but it has now come to deciding my accommodation! Really stuck as i like a lot of them but have no idea which is best, what are other people thinking? All i know for sure is i think St George's is too expensive, but definitely want an ensuite!!

Help Guys! :s-smilie:

I lived in St George's last year, the first lot of students to ever live there and honestly they're lovely flats and it's very nice having a double bed and an en suite bathroom HOWEVER, I honestly think you'd be better off somewhere like Lanfranc which is similarly very nice but a) cheaper and b) St George's is really hard to live in, in terms of the way it's actually built. It's like a big square, you can see into other people's flats and it was quite noisy because of the union bar downstairs (I lived directly above it which also gave noise from the street), and although the doors lock I still feel like I never had any privacy or space from other people.
Reply 36
Hello, ive been reading through all your comments, i'm starting this year but no one has seemed to mention North Holmes Road accommodation? What's it like there? I have applied for it for my first choice and im just wondering, do you think i can change it or is it too late? And what are peoples opinions about it?
Thank you :smile:
Reply 37
I have applied to CCCU and have chosen my accomodation options but I'm curious about what to bring coz I'm getting mixed messages about the uni supplying cutlery and crochery for you. I assumed they don't and I will need to make a big trip to ikea but at the same time if they are supplying loads of stuff I don't want to waste money. Help much needed!
Reply 38
Original post by Bkate21
I have applied to CCCU and have chosen my accomodation options but I'm curious about what to bring coz I'm getting mixed messages about the uni supplying cutlery and crochery for you. I assumed they don't and I will need to make a big trip to ikea but at the same time if they are supplying loads of stuff I don't want to waste money. Help much needed!

Hello, second year student here, I can confirm that the university does not supply cutlery or crockery.
Original post by Bkate21

You will need to buy your own cutlery. You need to buy nearly everything, except for things like, microwave, kettle etc.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending