The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Well it is Christmas and all...

You could try a female version of a "dick in a box".
Reply 41
Original post by Doubledog
So he blanks you at college because he doesn't want people there to tell his family that he's with you.
When you're together in the street do you have to walk separately in case someone he knows sees you together?
If you go somewhere together do you have to scout around to make sure no-one he knows is looking?
TBH, it sounds like hell even without the emotional blackmail, tantrums and giving bj's when you don't enjoy it.
Find someone you can walk around with and who isn't worried about being seen with you.

If we've been out somewhere together before school, he will refuse to walk into school with me and walk behind so it looks as if we haven't been together. Not only is our entire relationship hidden, but our friendship too. If he could acknowledge that we were friends but didnt want to broadcast that we were going out, then fine. But we only ever talk properly in school when none of his relatives are around and the whole thing is just awkward and horrific all the time. I hate having to keep things secret and feel like this. But as stupid as it might sound i am so afraid of letting him go. I know i need to get out and be free but what if i never get over him? I'm so scared. I want to feel wanted and as if i'm special and be with someone who can be proud of being with me, not want to hide it. On the other hand i feel kind of bad because i know his family stuff is more than he can ever describe to anyone and he's under so much pressure. But it pisses me off that he insists upon hiding everything... including our friendship.
Reply 42
Original post by HistoryRepeating
This is so wrong and he is so completely out of line its unreal. You shouldnt take him back.

this is what victims of domestic abuse say when they keep taking their abusive boyfriend back after horrible acts.

This sounds like he is outrageously using you. This is so so so wrong it makes me angry. STOP BEING A DOORMAT

OMG this is so wrong. If he loved you he wouldnt say stuff like this. This is so ridiculous are you sure you aren't trolling?

OMG this is so wrong

"I'm not ready" is COMPLETELY legitimate. This guy sounds like an utter psycho who doesnt care about you or your feelings. NOONE should pressure you this way.

You should break up with him. I've never seen a more clear-cut case of someone being used and abused by a really REALLY bad person.

You have every right to be angry - you should be FURIOUS. This guy sounds like the worst kind of *******

DO NOT, repeat DO NOT have sex with him. YOU NEED TO BREAK UP WITH HIM. Noone should EVER put that kind of pressure and emotional blackmail on you for ANY reason, let alone to lose your virginity.

This is so disgusting, I'm feeling physically ill. I really REALLY hope this is a troll.

Thankyou, thankyou so much for your help. I feel so stupid for going along with him and his games for so long. Please help me, i don't know how to go about this. As stupid as it sounds and in spite of the fact that i feel used, worthless and crap about myself, i'm so afraid of losing him and how i'll get over it and what if i never do? Truth is i want to feel wanted and special as opposed to like some kind of prostitute. I'm so grateful for your help and for pointing out what my family and friends have been trying to tell me for so long. I just feel so weak and as if i can never let him go. I know that as soon as its over i will just think about all the amazing times we've had and all the good things and ugh.. i'll give in to him and take him back again which is what i've done every time despite him hurting me consistently. I feel like i'm stuck and i'm never going to be truly happy with him... but i'm so afraid of leaving and what if i'm even unhappier then? Please tell me thats not the case...
Original post by alibobs
*He's an idiot. I know guys when they get really horny can be very persuasive into trying to have sex and even being a little bit sulky if they don't get it but to finish with you over it?! That is blatantly trying to force you into it by threatening you. Believe me, if you give in to him under pressure you will regret it far more than you'll ever regret losing him. I know it sounds a bit patronising, but I don't mean it like that; in a few years, you'll look back at this and think god what a total prick. If you do things you're uncomfortable with just to keep him, you'll end up feeling even more used. He's not worth it, if he really did love you he'd be happy with the blowies and to wait until you are ready, not try dirty tactics to get you to do more.

More to the point I know guys who even though they're really horny they will still wait and put your interests first. OP, dump him and wait for one of those guys. I don't see this ending well - either you give in and feel like crap or you hold out and you're still made to feel like crap. So walk away.
Original post by Anonymous
Thankyou, thankyou so much for your help. I feel so stupid for going along with him and his games for so long. Please help me, i don't know how to go about this. As stupid as it sounds and in spite of the fact that i feel used, worthless and crap about myself, i'm so afraid of losing him and how i'll get over it and what if i never do? Truth is i want to feel wanted and special as opposed to like some kind of prostitute. I'm so grateful for your help and for pointing out what my family and friends have been trying to tell me for so long. I just feel so weak and as if i can never let him go. I know that as soon as its over i will just think about all the amazing times we've had and all the good things and ugh.. i'll give in to him and take him back again which is what i've done every time despite him hurting me consistently. I feel like i'm stuck and i'm never going to be truly happy with him... but i'm so afraid of leaving and what if i'm even unhappier then? Please tell me thats not the case...

Well first of all, -everyone- feels the way you are describing at least once or twice in their life! I certainly have.

The thing about breakups is that time always heals. You -will- get over it, it might take weeks, even months, but eventually you will. I promise you it will be the right decision, and you should remind yourself every time you are doubting that that -noone- should ever have to put up with the pressure and emotional blackmail, plus public treatment, he was giving you, for ANY reason (it doesnt matter how much he 'needed' it or how his family is or anything!).

I promise you you dont love him as much as you think you do. Everyone thinks that their love is special, but everyone is capable of loving again (and SO MUCH MORE, if you find someone who actually makes you feel good about yourself).

The key is to talk to your friends about it, get them to support you. Maybe even your mum if you are close.

There is some good stuff on this site about it, try here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki/How_to_cope_with_a_Break_up
Reply 45
Original post by I'm_Unsafe.
More to the point I know guys who even though they're really horny they will still wait and put your interests first. OP, dump him and wait for one of those guys. I don't see this ending well - either you give in and feel like crap or you hold out and you're still made to feel like crap. So walk away.

yeah that's what I said......some sulk after but they still wait.
I agree with you though, walking away is the best thing to do in this situation, it's the only way to be able to keep any respect for yourself.
i know that he loves me a lot and has said he see's me in his future and stuff. I love him too but i just dont feel ready to have sex, and thats something he really doesn't understand.

he is deffo in the wrong! If he loves you that much, he can and will wait. Tbh, i think it's stupid of you both to argue about sex - especially stupid on his part! I am 24 and a virgin, and it doesn't bother me too much. I say that you should be stubborn and do not get any person to pressure you into using your body for sex. It is your body and you should decide when you feel ready to use it.

Also, There are many fish in the pond so to speak, many of whom will be infinitely more respective of your decision of when you want sex. These are the guys that you should be going for, not some horny douchebag who wants to effectively rape you!

All the best,
Reply 47
i feel kind of bad because i know his family stuff is more than he can ever describe to anyone and he's under so much pressure.

It doesn't sound as if his family and their influence on his is going to change, ever.
So it doesn't matter whether he's 19 or 29, that will stay the same.

Will he be expected to have an arranged marriage?

Where would you fit in with that?

What are his family going to do about you if they DO find out????

I'm like another poster who hopes this is a troll, because if it's real it's horrible.
You need to get out of this fast.
Please please don't give in to his demands.
He's calling you not having sex with him after 2 MONTHS ridiculous???? He's ridiculous. He should learn how to control his raging teenage hormones. Before my current bf I went out with a guy for 8 months and another guy after him for 6 months, and I didn't feel ready for sex with either of them. Then with my current bf we had sex after 2 weeks...but it just felt right.

If you don't feel ready yet don't let anyone force you into sex or other sexual acts for that matter. You need to lay the cards on the table, tell him he either waits longer until you're ready or you leave him.
Listen to your friends, he sounds like a jerk. If he loved you, he wouldn't be pressuring you into anything.
Reply 50
Didnt read topic or any of the other posts but 'Am I being unreasonable for not giving him sex'? Yes...... Always
I don't know if anybody will ever read this, but I'm the thread starter and it's 3 years later and I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to every person who helped me by posting on here when I was a stupid 17 year old being used and abused by an emotionally manipulative *******.
I truly dread to think where I'd be right now if some of you guys hadn't made me see the light of day. I'm now 20, about to graduate, very happy and I thankfully broke up with this ****er shortly after I posted this thread. Only now when I read back through these comments do I realise what an awful and dangerous situation I was in. Wish I didn't have to carry it around with me... but it could have been worse, and probably would have been if it weren't for you all.
THANK YOU ALL beautiful people xx
Reply 52
Original post by BrannePatenxx
I don't know if anybody will ever read this, but I'm the thread starter and it's 3 years later and I just want to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to every person who helped me by posting on here when I was a stupid 17 year old being used and abused by an emotionally manipulative *******.
I truly dread to think where I'd be right now if some of you guys hadn't made me see the light of day. I'm now 20, about to graduate, very happy and I thankfully broke up with this ****er shortly after I posted this thread. Only now when I read back through these comments do I realise what an awful and dangerous situation I was in. Wish I didn't have to carry it around with me... but it could have been worse, and probably would have been if it weren't for you all.

Glad you're doing well!
He's a ****.
Reply 54

It actually made me truly happy to read this, glad everything turned out well after that horrific episode!

May I ask how the breakup went?
Original post by Another
It actually made me truly happy to read this, glad everything turned out well after that horrific episode!

May I ask how the breakup went?

It took me a while to build up the courage to do it. He'd made me feel like I was incapable of living without him, that I wasn't deserving of him, and therefore not anybody else either. He'd constantly throw insults at me to make me feel weaker and more inclined to put up with his ****.

Anyway, as you can probably tell reading through my initial posts (which sicken me now) I was just so, so, so weak. After this was posted he'd mess me about, still pressuring me into sex and telling me he'd cheated on me, then telling me he hadn't, then he had. It was horrific. Anyway I eventually ended things and he as expected harrassed me a LOT via social media. The day I ended things with him, I woke up the next morning to nearly 200 missed calls throughout the night, facebook messages, he'd leave messages on my car (wherever it was parked he'd find it), follow me around college. This went on pretty much until A Levels finished, there was nothing I could do about it, except try ensure my friends were always with me at college, because he was too much of a wuss to approach me in front of them. A Levels ended and I never saw him again (thank god). For the first two years he'd message me obsessively now and again, telling me to reply and "treat me like a normal person". By that point, I'd gone to Uni and his messages were embarrassing and laughable!

Thanks again for the help and advice. I appreciate it more than you can know!! Terrifies me that there are boys out there preying on young girls like this. What's worse is that these manipulators are very charming and very clever, they know exactly what they're doing and how to get what they want. Pretty terrifying - I'm just glad I escaped when I did. xx
Haha, no worries :smile: Thank you anyway, for putting the time into replying!!

(Lacey = my old account btw, forgotten login details and all that).
Wow, a forum story with a beautiful end
Reply 58
It took me a while to build up the courage to do it. He'd made me feel like I was incapable of living without him, that I wasn't deserving of him, and therefore not anybody else either. He'd constantly throw insults at me to make me feel weaker and more inclined to put up with his ****.

Anyway, as you can probably tell reading through my initial posts (which sicken me now) I was just so, so, so weak. After this was posted he'd mess me about, still pressuring me into sex and telling me he'd cheated on me, then telling me he hadn't, then he had. It was horrific. Anyway I eventually ended things and he as expected harrassed me a LOT via social media. The day I ended things with him, I woke up the next morning to nearly 200 missed calls throughout the night, facebook messages, he'd leave messages on my car (wherever it was parked he'd find it), follow me around college. This went on pretty much until A Levels finished, there was nothing I could do about it, except try ensure my friends were always with me at college, because he was too much of a wuss to approach me in front of them. A Levels ended and I never saw him again (thank god). For the first two years he'd message me obsessively now and again, telling me to reply and "treat me like a normal person". By that point, I'd gone to Uni and his messages were embarrassing and laughable!

Thanks again for the help and advice. I appreciate it more than you can know!! Terrifies me that there are boys out there preying on young girls like this. What's worse is that these manipulators are very charming and very clever, they know exactly what they're doing and how to get what they want. Pretty terrifying - I'm just glad I escaped when I did. xx

As I was reading this thread, I thought to myself

"Three years later, she's going to realise what a colossal ******** this prat was"

Thanks for the update, really made my night!
Reply 59
*snip*
I'm not entirely sure I need to read everything you wrote, but I'm certain that this is the right thing to say.

You don't give a guy sex. You do it with someone you want to do it with; it's mutual and should give you both pleasure.

You should never, ever, do it before you feel ready.

Nobody can tell you when you're ready.

Nobody can tell you when you're ready.

Latest

Trending

Trending