The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Physicsrules23
Are they going to resume giving out offers on Monday or will it start on Wednesday again? Really dont think I could cope with myself until wednesday

I hope so! I don't see why they wouldn't resume on Monday.
Original post by pencilsaregreat
how many graduates are on course roughly, the a100 one

In the 2011/12 cycle there were 136 graduate offers for the A100 and for 2012/13 there were 81 graduate offers.

So far this year only 8 graduates have posted they have an offer for the A100 on TheStudentRoom. Hopefully there should be more offers for graduates soon.
Original post by General Maximus
In the 2011/12 cycle there were 136 graduate offers for the A100 and for 2012/13 there were 81 graduate offers.

So far this year only 8 graduates have posted they have an offer for the A100 on TheStudentRoom. Hopefully there should be more offers for graduates soon.

Why don't graduates stick the the graduate courses and stop making it impossible for undergrads to get into a undergrad course. How do you expect an undergrad to compete with a grad???????
Original post by jack_smith969
Why don't graduates stick the the graduate courses and stop making it impossible for undergrads to get into a undergrad course. How do you expect an undergrad to compete with a grad???????

Some grads apply for both A100 and A101 (and are entirely permitted to do so) to increase their chances of getting an offer. However, I believe there's a quota for the number of grads that are allowed on the A100 course, so we're not completely in competition with them.
Original post by DrumChops
Some grads apply for both A100 and A101 (and are entirely permitted to do so) to increase their chances of getting an offer. However, I believe there's a quota for the number of grads that are allowed on the A100 course, so we're not completely in competition with them.

Not to mention there are hundreds of undergraduates who have a better profile/application than us graduates.
Original post by General Maximus
Not to mention there are hundreds of undergraduates who have a better profile/application than us graduates.

I'm a reapplicant and still haven't heard back either. I hope the fact that they don't give offer in particular order is true :P.
Barts is my top choice.

How do you think you did at the interview?
Original post by XingBairong
I'm a reapplicant and still haven't heard back either. I hope the fact that they don't give offer in particular order is true :P.
Barts is my top choice.

How do you think you did at the interview?

I felt as though it was my best interview, I felt good at every question and knew what I was referring to. I also went into great detail about the ethical case study. Honestly, if my performance doesn't warrant an offer then I'm not sure what else I could have improved really...
Reply 2967
Original post by pencilsaregreat
most definitely. i have great love for barts. I was meant to go there first time round as an undergraduate but missed out the entry requirement.

Ah I c. Well guess I'll cya in sept then. As of now I'm prob the only Singaporean recipient unless there are others who ain't on TSR. Hopefully there will be more singaporeans amongst the internationals. Would really suck to be the only one.
Reply 2968
Huatah, around which date did you receive your offer last year? I'm from Singapore as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2969
Original post by karthvee
Huatah, around which date did you receive your offer last year? I'm from Singapore as well :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

March 7
Original post by Huatah
Ah I c. Well guess I'll cya in sept then. As of now I'm prob the only Singaporean recipient unless there are others who ain't on TSR. Hopefully there will be more singaporeans amongst the internationals. Would really suck to be the only one.

Actually no point sticking too much with singaporeans. You'll be in LONDON! LONDON! FOR GOODNESS SAKE!:biggrin:
Reply 2971
Original post by apieceofpeanut
Actually no point sticking too much with singaporeans. You'll be in LONDON! LONDON! FOR GOODNESS SAKE!:biggrin:

true
Original post by Huatah
true

I wouldn't worry! They'll be heaps of other freshers around, Singaporeans or not.

I had a sneaky look at some FOI request earlier on in the cycle - apparently out of the 80 interviewed last year, 50 internationals were offered a place. I have no idea how many out of those 50 usually firm but there should be quite a lot of internationals on the course!
Reply 2973
Original post by Cephalosporin
I wouldn't worry! They'll be heaps of other freshers around, Singaporeans or not.

I had a sneaky look at some FOI request earlier on in the cycle - apparently out of the 80 interviewed last year, 50 internationals were offered a place. I have no idea how many out of those 50 usually firm but there should be quite a lot of internationals on the course!

Aha. I c tyvm
Original post by Huatah
March 7

Just think of the endless chewing gum :biggrin:DD
Reply 2975

Do you know the international students ratio for dentistry by any chance? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by aamin96
Do you know the international students ratio for dentistry by any chance? Thanks.

Posted from TSR Mobile

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a100_international_applicants#incoming-469358

^This is the one for internationals I was referring to.
I am pleased to provide the following responses:
1. There were 387 applications from International students. We no longer
hold the UKCAT scores or UCAS Tariff points for those who were not offered
an interview.
2. 80 International applicants were interviewed. Please see the attached
for these individuals’ UKCAT scores and UCAS Tariff points (there are only
66 rows of UCAS Tariff points because 14 applicants were graduates who are
only ranked on their UKCAT scores).
3. 55 International applicants were made offers. Please see the attached
for the interview scores of all those who were interviewed.

This one is for dentistry, I think:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a200_dentistry_admission_statist_3#incoming-355206

Oh dear, being a medicine applicant has turned me into a good internet stalker. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not...
Reply 2977
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a100_international_applicants#incoming-469358

^This is the one for internationals I was referring to.
I am pleased to provide the following responses:
1. There were 387 applications from International students. We no longer
hold the UKCAT scores or UCAS Tariff points for those who were not offered
an interview.
2. 80 International applicants were interviewed. Please see the attached
for these individuals’ UKCAT scores and UCAS Tariff points (there are only
66 rows of UCAS Tariff points because 14 applicants were graduates who are
only ranked on their UKCAT scores).
3. 55 International applicants were made offers. Please see the attached
for the interview scores of all those who were interviewed.

This one is for dentistry, I think:
https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/a200_dentistry_admission_statist_3#incoming-355206

Oh dear, being a medicine applicant has turned me into a good internet stalker. I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not...

Hahahah thank you so much I hate the fact that there are less offers for intls lol. I swear med and dent makes us good stalkers. That's how I found this thread lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2978
Has anyone call the barts admission office re. The a101 course?
Reply 2979
Does anyone know if we'll hear today??

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending