The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by charlotteallan95
Me too! And it was totally open ended they asked if I noticed anything and how I handled it and that was it

Overall my interview felt more like a friendly chat! It felt like it was so fast for 20 minutes!!!! Aaah it makes me nervous thinking back to it

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah it was so open ended, i also just got asked how I would deal with it etc, but it didn't seem like a chat in mine! They were hardly reacting to anything I said and it was very question answer style, i don't really know how it went though tbh :frown: just want an offer waaaahh
Reply 1281
Original post by Rooroo96
Yeah it was so open ended, i also just got asked how I would deal with it etc, but it didn't seem like a chat in mine! They were hardly reacting to anything I said and it was very question answer style, i don't really know how it went though tbh :frown: just want an offer waaaahh

Yeah mine was very question answery type too - some bits were slightly informal though still

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
my interview was tough they asked me about stem cell research.... work exp... 2 ethical q's (which i completely did **** in my opinion), n liverpool is the only uni left :frown:
Reply 1283
Original post by captain J
my interview was tough they asked me about stem cell research.... work exp... 2 ethical q's (which i completely did **** in my opinion), n liverpool is the only uni left :frown:

I got the stem cell q one too!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1284
In my interview I was asked about euthanasia as my ethical question and also how to deal with a colleague who wasn't pulling their weight in a group.
I was asked a lot on teamwork aswell. but everytime I think about my interview i just cringe about some of the stuff I said.
It only lasted 12 mins - which is worrying me!!!!
Original post by Rooroo96
In only got asked what ethical scenarios I had encountered at my work experience

Same, what did you say??
Original post by SinghShady
People's interviews seem so different to mine. My interview was so simple and normal, not sure whether that's a good thing :L
Posted from TSR Mobile

Same!! Mine was so friendly and chatty that it barely felt like an interview! And they didn't ask any other ethical scenario except the one which I had encountered in my work experience...was yours like that too?
Original post by ScarlettRyder
Same!! Mine was so friendly and chatty that it barely felt like an interview! And they didn't ask any other ethical scenario except the one which I had encountered in my work experience...was yours like that too?

Mine was like that too

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1288
Original post by hopeful doc
thanks i feel a little better after reading this, so are you sure that this is completely random and not all offers have been handed out today? and looking at last year it seems like EVERYONE got their decision whether it was offer or rejction in one day?

Realistically, I cannot be sure. After all, I am just another person evaluating statistics.

The fact that there are people without a UCAS Track change for Liverpool does mean that there is a very high chance that not all of the decisions have been given out thus far.
Original post by Kyalimers
Realistically, I cannot be sure. After all, I am just another person evaluating statistics.

The fact that there are people without a UCAS Track change for Liverpool does mean that there is a very high chance that not all of the decisions have been given out thus far.

yh from just looking at the previous threads i'm pretty certain not all the decisions have been issued yet. If you look closely you can see that the majority who received offers on friday are re-applicants (correct me if im wrong).
Will there be an applicants day/accommodation day for those with offers? :smile:
Original post by captain J
yh from just looking at the previous threads i'm pretty certain not all the decisions have been issued yet. If you look closely you can see that the majority who received offers on friday are re-applicants (correct me if im wrong).

More importantly they can't all have been issued because there are people who don't have decisions....
I got an offer and I'm not a re-applicant :confused:
Reply 1293
Original post by SimpsP
More importantly they can't all have been issued because there are people who don't have decisions....

Exactly

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pheebes95
I got an offer and I'm not a re-applicant :confused:

Same... :s-smilie:
Reply 1295
Will the remaining decisions be given out Monday then? Or on Tuesday as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
if liverpool decide to sending out just rejections on monday (which is very unlikely in my opinion) that is the most cruel that could happen
Reply 1297
Original post by hopeful doc
if liverpool decide to sending out just rejections on monday (which is very unlikely in my opinion) that is the most cruel that could happen

Yeah surely they won't do that, I reckon they sent quite a few rejections out on Friday people are just not posting about them. I think they will send out the same mix of offers and rejections out tomorrow/Tuesday

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by stotttyy
Yeah surely they won't do that, I reckon they sent quite a few rejections out on Friday people are just not posting about them. I think they will send out the same mix of offers and rejections out tomorrow/Tuesday

Posted from TSR Mobile

Do you reckon they offered places to the people that scored the highest on the interviews, and rejected those who scored lowest on friday???
Original post by Mo_maths
Do you reckon they offered places to the people that scored the highest on the interviews, and rejected those who scored lowest on friday???

No because so far Liverpool appear to have done things completely randomly! Like the order they interviewed and the webinar emails etc...the best thing to do Is not look too much into it! Don't panic I'm sure the rest of us will hear by Tuesday at the latest :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending