The Student Room Group

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3320
Original post by basit282828
U just made my whole life, thank u sooooo much

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just keep in mind that medicine gets more and more competitive every year. If you can do triple science do it cause it'll also add an extra GCSE for your scoring as a large number of unis look at GCSEs
Original post by jablam
Just keep in mind that medicine gets more and more competitive every year. If you can do triple science do it cause it'll also add an extra GCSE for your scoring as a large number of unis look at GCSEs

I can't do triple anymore but I'm predicted a's and a*'s in all my subjects except English which is a b

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3322
I can't do triple anymore but I'm predicted a's and a*'s in all my subjects except English which is a b

Posted from TSR Mobile

If there's anything you can do to pull your English up to an A then do it: otherwise you rule out Hull York, East Anglia, Bristol and many other unis that specify at least a grade A...
Original post by LiSpi
Thanks, my matron is writing it as we speak and it'll be sent off 9am tomorrow morning! I don't want any reason for them to slow down!
Everything crossed you hear good news this week!

Haha...I agree! Let's not let them slow down :wink: thank you.
Reply 3324
Any chance somebody could link the thread for offer holders?
I can't seem to find it
Original post by am651
Any chance somebody could link the thread for offer holders?
I can't seem to find it

Hi,
The link is
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2624547
Reply 3326

Many thanks kind stranger!
What accommodation is everyone choosing? I was thinking John Foster

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3328

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got a c in my english mock and was predicted a b i think i got a/b's in my coursework and ended up with an a* so dont worrt

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3329
Well THAT was the most stressful hour of my life.
Leicester rang saying they'd received my reference but wouldn't accept it.

I've changed jobs since October and they wanted a reference from my old job. Rang my old job asking and they said it'd take them a week. Leicester said they want it by tomorrow.

Cue my crying a lot down the phone to various people. Then begging old job to send a reference.

Just got an phonecall to say Leicester received it. Tbh the admissions lady probably thinks I'm a nutcase after that.

Oh please let me have an offer now!!
Original post by LiSpi
Well THAT was the most stressful hour of my life.
Leicester rang saying they'd received my reference but wouldn't accept it.

I've changed jobs since October and they wanted a reference from my old job. Rang my old job asking and they said it'd take them a week. Leicester said they want it by tomorrow.

Cue my crying a lot down the phone to various people. Then begging old job to send a reference.

Just got an phonecall to say Leicester received it. Tbh the admissions lady probably thinks I'm a nutcase after that.

Oh please let me have an offer now!!

Oh no! How stressful.at least its sorted now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3331
got an offer from Leicester at just gone 11 today!
Just got my rejection for the A101

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3333
Rejection for A101 wah! Just a track update at 14:45! Pre-interview score of 24/25
Just got an offer from Leicester for A100... Happiest I've been ever ever

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3335
Got 71.3% and the cutoff for a101 is 75%! Ah could have been worse I guess
Original post by bakes100
Got 71.3% and the cutoff for a101 is 75%! Ah could have been worse I guess

Ahh bummer. How do you know? I haven't got an email yet. Just a track update.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3337
They sent an email about 15 mins ago! Yeah it's annoying but good to know I didn't completely screw up haha
Hey I got an offer for the A100 course at 10 today but it hasn't come on ucas yet, anyone else in the same boat because I just wanna firm it!!! Haha
Reply 3339
Just got my offer for A101!! Totally made up and hyperventilating!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending