The Student Room Group

What time period would you visit?

Assuming you had a time machine and could visit any time period you wanted for two weeks - and no harm would come to you, if you wished to witness wars and such - where would you choose to visit? Are there any historic events you would like to see unfold? Anyone you would like to meet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Is that you Ilex?
Reply 2
I would love to go back to the 70's. I would love to meet my parents when they were teenagers go and have a drink with them and see how much we would have had in common. Life seemed simpler back then in some ways, just more free and easy. A less complicated time before technology ruled our lives.
Would I have to be on the ground, like a ghost for example? Because I'd really like a view of the Battle of Britain from the view of a Spitfire Mk1 cockpit. Failing that, I'd definitely be at Wembley stadium on the 6th May 1972.
I'd love to visit the ancient world. I would love to explore the hanging gardens of Babylon and the surrounding lands.
Reply 6
The far future

The time war (if it exists) :biggrin:
Reply 7
The summer of 1989. Imagining all those amazing raves :smile:
Original post by 2ndClass
Is that you Ilex?

Excuse me?
Original post by Meyrin
Assuming you had a time machine and could visit any time period you wanted for two weeks - and no harm would come to you, if you wished to witness wars and such - where would you choose to visit? Are there any historic events you would like to see unfold? Anyone you would like to meet?

Knebworth 1996 or Any Nirvana concert ever or Che Guevera being executed.
Original post by Silver Arrows
Would I have to be on the ground, like a ghost for example? Because I'd really like a view of the Battle of Britain from the view of a Spitfire Mk1 cockpit. Failing that, I'd definitely be at Wembley stadium on the 6th May 1972.

No, you can be wherever you like.
Original post by Ndella
The summer of 1989. Imagining all those amazing raves :smile:

Out of all the historical events in the world?
Reply 12
Original post by Meyrin
Out of all the historical events in the world?

Why not?
Reply 13

10 internet points if anyone can guess why. Hint: Rick Berman
Original post by Ndella
Why not?

I suppose out of being able to witness any moment in history you like, from wars and the collapse of civilisations and world events to the birth of certain species and humanity, I find it surprising you'd choose something so recent and relatively small.
the 60's!!!
Reply 16
Original post by Meyrin
I suppose out of being able to witness any moment in history you like, from wars and the collapse of civilisations and world events to the birth of certain species and humanity, I find it surprising you'd choose something so recent and relatively small.

Well you said any time I wanted..

But thinking about it properly, I found the civil rights campaign in America in 1963 to be really defining so if I could, I'd go to the March on Washington where MLK gave his dream speech - the people there looked very inspired and proved to be a turning-point in accepting people of different races :smile:
I'd quite like to visit the 1920s/30s. I'd love to see America in the 20s, and also meet Hitler and Stalin in the 30s :colone:

I'd also like to go to the Jurassic period to see some dinosaurs :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
1192 the battle of Tarain and also how the king captured a princess and eloped in front of her father and other kings .

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest