Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Minnerz
When do we have to do Hep B vaccines?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Occupational health will sort it out when you get there, or you can get it done by your GP. I've already had mine done, took 7 months plus having antibodies tested.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 4221
Original post by Δεφιαντ1
Occupational health will sort it out when you get there, or you can get it done by your GP. I've already had mine done, took 7 months plus having antibodies tested.

So there's no rush to do it before September ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Minnerz

Posted from TSR Mobile

There's no rush, as such. Kings won't kick you off the course for not getting a vaccine after you've earned your place, but it would save some time during registration if you sorted it out yourself - after all, it only costs £15 and a 5 min appointment with a nurse.
Original post by chowkat
moonraker point is of a decent walkable distance to guy's campus but it is on the expensive side

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hey - do you know roughly how long the walk is from moonraker to guy's? Is it about the same as GDS/ a little bit more?

Original post by Minnerz

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the post offer notes they sent us, didn't they mention something about filling in an occupational health questionnaire, which will be made available via the Portal around May? Maybe that's when we'd have to start thinking about sorting out vaccinations, etc.
Reply 4225
Original post by lovelycup7
Hey - do you know roughly how long the walk is from moonraker to guy's? Is it about the same as GDS/ a little bit more?

I've heard that it is slightly further than GDS (about 10-15 mins walk to guys campus?)
Original post by Cephalosporin
On the post offer notes they sent us, didn't they mention something about filling in an occupational health questionnaire, which will be made available via the Portal around May? Maybe that's when we'd have to start thinking about sorting out vaccinations, etc.

It says you should already be arranging vaccinations: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/health/study/guysreg/ug/medicine-mbbs/step-5.aspx
Reply 4227
Any Malaysian or Singaporean firming Kings?

Posted from TSR Mobile
It says you should already be arranging vaccinations: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/health/study/guysreg/ug/medicine-mbbs/step-5.aspx

But that's step 5 out of 6, with step 1 being enrollment & registration, which can't do until they send us our online details right? And in step 5 it says 'you should already have begun the process of arranging vaccinations'...I would have liked to have thought it would be clearly stated in our offer notes if we had to be arranging vaccinations now? Hope so anyway - I've been trying to put off thinking about vaccinations ahahah :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by aspiringmedic1
any offers to those who have been pooled?

Yes , I m still waiting. Was on hold since mid February . Has any offers been given out yet ? Hopefully , the decision will be posted before end of this week . What about you ?
Reply 4230
Original post by Octopus94
Yes , I m still waiting. Was on hold since mid February . Has any offers been given out yet ? Hopefully , the decision will be posted before end of this week . What about you ?

I called up admissions on friday and they said everyone will hear by by the end of the week!!! Eeek the end is near guys. No more waitinggg

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tuni530
I called up admissions on friday and they said everyone will hear by by the end of the week!!! Eeek the end is near guys. No more waitinggg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Woahhh end of this week??? arghhh after hearing that im getting really nervous. Good luck all :smile:
Original post by lovelycup7
But that's step 5 out of 6, with step 1 being enrollment & registration, which can't do until they send us our online details right? And in step 5 it says 'you should already have begun the process of arranging vaccinations'...I would have liked to have thought it would be clearly stated in our offer notes if we had to be arranging vaccinations now? Hope so anyway - I've been trying to put off thinking about vaccinations ahahah :tongue:

Why? Scared of needles? :wink:
anyone applying for pharmacy this year at KCL?
Reply 4234
Still waiting to hear from all four of my universities post interview, my king's one was on 13th march. I thought it went quite well but yet to hear from them so really can't wait for the decision :')
Reply 4235
Original post by Jfjf
Any Malaysian or Singaporean firming Kings?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm Malaysian, and I will firm if I am offered:smile:
Reply 4236
Original post by Tuni530

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was just asked to re-upload my A Level results!! Dear offer holders, does this bode well???? :biggrin:
Reply 4237
Original post by mao127
I was just asked to re-upload my A Level results!! Dear offer holders, does this bode well???? :biggrin:

I think so! Fingers crossed : )
rejected :smile: had my interview on the 17th of december, good luck to everyone waiting! :smile:
Original post by nindeappan
rejected :smile: had my interview on the 17th of december, good luck to everyone waiting! :smile:

I'm really sorry to hear that and I wish you the best of luck with your other universities. I've been waiting since December and I can imagine it to be heart breaking to wait so long just for a rejection.
How do you think your interview went?

Quick Reply

Latest