The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

The British are the ugliest white ethnic group?

According to this poll the British are the most unattractive white ethnic group. Obviously any kind of poll on this subject is pretty suspect. Firstly, it's obviously a big generalisation to label an entire ethnic group as "ugly", as every group will have some attractive people and some less so. Attractiveness is also subjective to a certain degree, and some people will consequently disagree about what's attractive and what isn't. However, thhe consensus (from this poll and others) does seem to be that British people tend to rate quite low in terms of attractiveness when compared to other white ethnic groups. I'm originally from Korea, but I have travelled extensively and tbh I'd have to concur that British people in general, particularly when compared to Swedish, Dutch and Russian people do seem relatively unattractive. Would you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Scroll to see replies

bit superficial? what do you gain from this?
Reply 2
Who cares?

People have preferences and if some lassie thinks all, say Australians, are hotter than me by geographical location then that isn't a lassie I would want to get to know.

Probably.

EDIT: Just read the poll, Scottish isn't last, suck it English people! :colone: :cool:
(edited 10 years ago)
How can you take Anything seriously that has British and Scottish as separate
Reply 4
Original post by Libertine96
How can you take Anything seriously that has British and Scottish as separate

Well give it another year and it may well be correct lol
Reply 5
Forgot that an internet poll on a random website was the definitive say on which nationality is most attractive. There is a stereotype of the 'ugly' British gentleman, which still persists. Could this, and other negative stereotypes perhaps be the reason for such results.

If we were to undergo a scientific study, involving people from various countries, showing them pictures of people from other countries including the United Kingdom and asking them to rate their attractiveness without revealing their origins, then perhaps we could come to a credible and informed conclusion on whether or not the British are the 'ugliest white ethnic group'. Until such a study is conducted that statement is utter rubbish.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by Swanbow
Forgot that an internet poll on a random website was the definitive say on which nationality is most attractive. There is a stereotype of the 'ugly' British gentleman, which still persists. Could this, and other negative stereotypes perhaps be the reason for such results.

Until such a study is conducted your statement is utter rubbish.

Please note that when a sentence has a question mark at the end it forms an interrogative, not a statement.
All Britons, of all ethnic backgrounds and identities, are simply splendid to look upon. :love:
Reply 8
Original post by HumanCitizen
Also who cares which white ethnic group is the ugliest, it's all a matter of opinion isn't it?

Yes it's just a matter of opinion, but I want to know whether it's a majority opinion or not.
Original post by joseon
According to this poll the British are the most unattractive white ethnic group. Obviously any kind of poll on this subject is pretty suspect. Firstly, it's obviously a big generalisation to label an entire ethnic group as "ugly", as every group will have some attractive people and some less so. Attractiveness is also subjective to a certain degree, and some people will consequently disagree about what's attractive and what isn't. However, thhe consensus (from this poll and others) does seem to be that British people tend to rate quite low in terms of attractiveness when compared to other white ethnic groups. I'm originally from Korea, but I have travelled extensively and tbh I'd have to concur that British people in general, particularly when compared to Swedish, Dutch and Russian people do seem relatively unattractive. Would you agree or disagree with this opinion?

Beauty is beauty.

But white people's beauty tends to be overrated and enhanced by social conditioning, to the point were even average looking white women like Katy Perry, Britney Spears, Kylie Minogue who to me are all average looking women, but in the media they are seen as beautiful.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by joseon
Please note that when a sentence has a question mark at the end it forms an interrogative, not a statement.

My apologies.

I shall edit it to 'the statement that..', hence taking away any incorrect connections to yourself.
Original post by joseon

I think the ugliest people on the earth are ones that judge purely on appearance.
Original post by joseon
Well give it another year and it may well be correct lol

Scottish should always be British. The island will still be called Britain.
Reply 13
Original post by i-love-coffee
I think the ugliest people on the earth are ones that judge purely on appearance.

Wow, that's deep.
Reply 14
Original post by i-love-coffee

I'd say judging someone on their race, makes them even more bilious-ly, ugly.
Reply 15
Original post by clh_hilary
Scottish should always be British. The island will still be called Britain.

So you still call people from the Republic of Ireland British?
Original post by joseon

Ireland isn't in Britain, Scotland is (whether they like it or not :cool:)
Original post by joseon

But isn't the island called Ireland?
Reply 18
Original post by yo radical one
Ireland isn't in Britain, Scotland is (whether they like it or not :cool:)

Sure, at the moment. But it might not be soon, that was my point. Anyway, this is kind of off topic.
agree with the poll

Latest

Trending

Trending