The Student Room Group

Occupational Therapy 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Catherine_H
When you get into uni after you have got your grades they should email you all the information including a link to apply for a DBS. You have to pay for it yourself, same with the jabs. Hope that helped abit

Yes, it does thanks :smile: the health check is gona be annoying, my parents do not recall any of the jabs I've ever had :s-smilie:
Original post by Sophie1994
Yes, it does thanks :smile: the health check is gona be annoying, my parents do not recall any of the jabs I've ever had :s-smilie:

And expensive! :frown: Your doctor will have a list of all the jabs you've ever had but if they were a while ago you might need boosters
Original post by Hannahcas123
Got a conditional offer for Brunel! :biggrin: so happy! Such a relief :smile: has anyone else heard from them? :smile:

I've had an offer from them too, well done!
Original post by Courtneybrown
Anyone heard anything from Cardiff University yet?

...not yet...
Reply 144
Original post by els1234
Hi, has anyone heard from UEA yet? i had my interview on December 11th and haven't heard anything yet :frown:

Hi, I had my interview on that date too, I also still haven't heard anything back apart from they emailed me to sat I won't hear until the UCAS deadline
Anyone heard anything from Cardiff University yet?

when was your interview?
I've heard from Cardiff a week or so ago, with a rejection. Interview was mid February. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.
Original post by sarahm92
I've heard from Cardiff a week or so ago, with a rejection. Interview was mid February. Best of luck to everyone still waiting.

I had my interview feb 5 and still havent heard back:frown:
I'd say you're in luck as I think they tend to give the definite no's out first! Mine was the week after yours on the 12th. I did phone after a few weeks and was informed the lady who makes the decision was off sick so there was a delay in sending out offers / rejections. Good luck!

Have you offers anywhere else? Is Cardiff your first choice?
I'd say you're in luck as I think they tend to give the definite no's out first! Mine was the week after yours on the 12th. I did phone after a few weeks and was informed the lady who makes the decision was off sick so there was a delay in sending out offers / rejections. Good luck!

Have you offers anywhere else? Is Cardiff your first choice?

Thankyou! Yes Cardiff is my first choice and no I haven't received any offers yet so I'm a big panicky ! How about you?

But many people have heard back within a week and I still haven't so I'm kind of loosing hope and starting to accept that I'm not going to uni:frown:
Ahh I see! Sorry to hear. I'm in the same boat!

It's horrible hearing friends getting offers and reading on forums everyone's getting offers. 4 of my 5 choices have rejected me including my first choice. Just got one interview left next month but I'm not getting my hopes up about it as OT appears to be very competitive. I'm putting my hopes on getting in through clearing as my last chance, I'm not considering I won't get in at all!

How do you think your Cardiff interview went?
Ahh I see! Sorry to hear. I'm in the same boat!

It's horrible hearing friends getting offers and reading on forums everyone's getting offers. 4 of my 5 choices have rejected me including my first choice. Just got one interview left next month but I'm not getting my hopes up about it as OT appears to be very competitive. I'm putting my hopes on getting in through clearing as my last chance, I'm not considering I won't get in at all!

How do you think your Cardiff interview went?

I underestimated the competiveness of this course- starting to accept that I won't get into uni!
I don't think it went particularly well so I don't think I'll get an offer!
Good luck for that interview where is it? Also where have you applied to? X
Oh I knew it was going to be competitive! My first choice was Plymouth, followed by Cardiff, then UWE (which is where my interview is next month) then Bournemouth and Southampton.

I found the group discussion really hard to contribute to as there was 10 of us all trying to say something. I must have contributed 10 words maybe?! And my feedback following rejection was that I didn't show good enough communication skills so assuming that's due to my lack of contribution to this group discussion. I'm worried my UWE group discussion will go in a similar way!

Where have you applied to?
Oh I knew it was going to be competitive! My first choice was Plymouth, followed by Cardiff, then UWE (which is where my interview is next month) then Bournemouth and Southampton.

I found the group discussion really hard to contribute to as there was 10 of us all trying to say something. I must have contributed 10 words maybe?! And my feedback following rejection was that I didn't show good enough communication skills so assuming that's due to my lack of contribution to this group discussion. I'm worried my UWE group discussion will go in a similar way!

Where have you applied to?

Yeah, I found that there were a few dominant people in my group so I wasn't able to contribute as much as I wanted to:frown:
Oh good luck for that, I really hope we get at least one offer!! I would be over the moon!
I applied for Cardiff, UEA, Southampton, Bournemouth & Liverpool C
Original post by lockwood63
...not yet...

Had my interview on the 5th March and ive received an unconditional offer for Cardiff Uni! cannot wait to start now xx
Original post by 110Dotdotdot1234
I underestimated the competiveness of this course- starting to accept that I won't get into uni!
I don't think it went particularly well so I don't think I'll get an offer!
Good luck for that interview where is it? Also where have you applied to? X

DONT GIVE UP! Last year I applied to 4 unis not one gave me an offer and only had 1 interview. I went and done loads of work experience and currently im a HCA. I've now got 3 Offers and waiting to hear from another! Don't ever give up. Oh and I got the offer from Cardiff xx
Had my interview on the 5th March and ive received an unconditional offer for Cardiff Uni! cannot wait to start now xx

How long did they take to reply? And when did they give you an offer?
Original post by 110Dotdotdot1234
How long did they take to reply? And when did they give you an offer?

I received an offer on 21st March xx
DONT GIVE UP! Last year I applied to 4 unis not one gave me an offer and only had 1 interview. I went and done loads of work experience and currently im a HCA. I've now got 3 Offers and waiting to hear from another! Don't ever give up. Oh and I got the offer from Cardiff xx

Thank you! Well done on getting 3 offers, that is brilliant! Where are they for btw?

I guess, I'm forced to take a gap year now:frown: oh well
I received an offer on 21st March xx

That's so quick!! Had mine on 5 feb and still no reply!-.-
Frustrated is an understatement:'(

Quick Reply

Latest