The Student Room Group
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Nottingham University Accommodation

I'm firming Nottingham University to study Adult Nursing.. I plan on living in Halls, any recommendations please?:colondollar:

Scroll to see replies

Catered or non-catered?
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by EarthlingyThingy
Catered or non-catered?

Non Catered
Naturally I think you should visit and see for yourself at an open day. Those are invaluable. I stayed in a place names Broadgate Park, which is litterally just on the doorstep of the main campus (to the west.) I would recommend them for these reasons:

Excellent laundry facilities.
On-site shop that saves you a 30 minute walk or 5 minute drive into the nearby town of Beeston. There is an excellent variety of services in Beeston.
Good accommodation facilities; unless you get one of the older blocks. They can be more unpleasant. However, as an adult I imagine you would be higher priority with regards to choice of accommodation.
There is a gym and cafe on-site also and a bar. All are decent considering you don't even need to leave the site.
The site is quiet and pleasant.
The site is secure and the staff are efficient at helping you; despite being a private company.

I can answer questions in regards to specific requirements.

Also, Broadgate Park is a lot cheaper than living on-campus in one of the mostly catered accommodation facilities.

http://www.uppbroadgatepark.com/

:smile:
Original post by Sophie.Way
I'm firming Nottingham University to study Adult Nursing.. I plan on living in Halls, any recommendations please?:colondollar:

Hey I've firmed Nottingham for Child Nursing :biggrin: I've applied for Raleigh Park accommodation, have you decided yet?
Reply 5
Original post by EarthlingyThingy
Naturally I think you should visit and see for yourself at an open day. Those are invaluable. I stayed in a place names Broadgate Park, which is litterally just on the doorstep of the main campus (to the west.) I would recommend them for these reasons:

Excellent laundry facilities.
On-site shop that saves you a 30 minute walk or 5 minute drive into the nearby town of Beeston. There is an excellent variety of services in Beeston.
Good accommodation facilities; unless you get one of the older blocks. They can be more unpleasant. However, as an adult I imagine you would be higher priority with regards to choice of accommodation.
There is a gym and cafe on-site also and a bar. All are decent considering you don't even need to leave the site.
The site is quiet and pleasant.
The site is secure and the staff are efficient at helping you; despite being a private company.

I can answer questions in regards to specific requirements.

Also, Broadgate Park is a lot cheaper than living on-campus in one of the mostly catered accommodation facilities.

http://www.uppbroadgatepark.com/

:smile:

I live really far away from Nottingham, about 5 hours, and it'd expensive to go up there again... I think I might take a gamble and pick an Accommodation that I think i may like based on what people have said...also, is Broadgate Park far from the hospital or the medical school.. Thank yoou :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by hannahgriffith
Hey I've firmed Nottingham for Child Nursing :biggrin: I've applied for Raleigh Park accommodation, have you decided yet?

Heey, no I haven't decided yet, still debating lol... where is Raleigh Park?
Original post by Sophie.Way
Heey, no I haven't decided yet, still debating lol... where is Raleigh Park?

Raleigh Park is where student nurses tend to choose because it's self catered and is in between the city centre & QMC/ University Park Campus :smile: have you got Facebook so we can chat on there? It would be nice to know someone! :biggrin:
Reply 8
Raleigh Park is where student nurses tend to choose because it's self catered and is in between the city centre & QMC/ University Park Campus :smile: have you got Facebook so we can chat on there? It would be nice to know someone! :biggrin:

Hahaha i did have fb but i deactivated it.. but I guess I can reactivate it again haha... PM me your name :biggrin:
Reply 9

sorry for interrupting :biggrin:
i wanted to ask you how you applied for the accomodation. I mean in the university's site for raleigh park, right at the bottom of the page it says "If Raleigh Park is your first choice site then you can apply direct on the Derwent Students website from 3 March onwards. Make sure you give your UCAS personal ID number or Postgraduate Applicant ID so that you are booked as a University of Nottingham arranged student. (Please note where another site is your first choice you should book using our online application form, which opens at 9.00am on 3 March, where you can still list Raleigh Park as another preference if required). "
So did you apply from the Derwent students website or from the nottingham uni's website? Or did you apply from both?
Original post by rozi16
sorry for interrupting :biggrin:
i wanted to ask you how you applied for the accomodation. I mean in the university's site for raleigh park, right at the bottom of the page it says "If Raleigh Park is your first choice site then you can apply direct on the Derwent Students website from 3 March onwards. Make sure you give your UCAS personal ID number or Postgraduate Applicant ID so that you are booked as a University of Nottingham arranged student. (Please note where another site is your first choice you should book using our online application form, which opens at 9.00am on 3 March, where you can still list Raleigh Park as another preference if required). "
So did you apply from the Derwent students website or from the nottingham uni's website? Or did you apply from both?

Hey, I applied through Nottingham first and they emailed me to say to apply through Derwent students haha :smile:
Hi guys :smile: Im putting Nottingham as my firm choice, but i was just wondering when you can apply for accommodation as a conditional offer holder, ive seen a few dates floating around but some have already applied so a little confused :frown:

Original post by GeorgieCristyn
Hi guys :smile: Im putting Nottingham as my firm choice, but i was just wondering when you can apply for accommodation as a conditional offer holder, ive seen a few dates floating around but some have already applied so a little confused :frown:

Once you've put it as your firm choice you'll get an email about accommodation :smile: the date when they opened the applications was early March so anytime now is best to book it!
Reply 13
theres already a thread on that :P
Once you've put it as your firm choice you'll get an email about accommodation :smile: the date when they opened the applications was early March so anytime now is best to book it!

I got an email from the accommodation team saying that gill's street/gill's street south, sandby and byron are all full :s ive put it as my firm but im crapping my pants if i cant have one of those? Do you know of anything like people drop out and then you can have that accommodation or how does it work? Its only march dammit :frown:
I got an email from the accommodation team saying that gill's street/gill's street south, sandby and byron are all full :s ive put it as my firm but im crapping my pants if i cant have one of those? Do you know of anything like people drop out and then you can have that accommodation or how does it work? Its only march dammit :frown:

I think you may be talking about Nottingham Trent University accommodation? This is the Nottingham University forum, try asking here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2559471

You're on about Nottingham Trent accommodation instead of Uni of Nottingham aren't you?
Reply 17
Who has Broadgate en suite? Me!! Turn Up! :biggrin:
Original post by PattyBla
Who has Broadgate en suite? Me!! Turn Up! :biggrin:

I do!!!!!!! :biggrin: turn up x2!!!!!!!!!!!!:tongue:
Reply 19
I'm applying by the Derwent website, if we get an offer for accommodation do we have to pay the deposit straight away cause i may not meet my conditional offer requirements for Nottingham uni and i dont really want to be paying £250 if I'm not going to going to the uni.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending