The Student Room Group

The Football League thread II

Scroll to see replies

Bugger. Well, I highly doubt we will be able to mount a serious challenge for promotion for a few years. This local consortium bid didn't look as appealing as Cellino's bid.
Original post by Silver Arrows
Bugger. Well, I highly doubt we will be able to mount a serious challenge for promotion for a few years. This local consortium bid didn't look as appealing as Cellino's bid.

So when clubs like Leeds or Portsmouth need protecting from corrupt owners the League is only too happy to help, but when other teams need the same they're not interested?

Pathetic organisation, absolutely pathetic.
Original post by Jangrafess
Lol Warnock.

Also Cellino has been disqualified from buying Leeds. Wow.

And what's this ugly follow button on everyone's post? It doesn't fit the rest of the aesthetic at all.

It's some sort of expansion to the friends system - this thingy here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2612076
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
It's some sort of expansion to the friends system - this thingy here http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2612076

Right ok. Still ugly! I guess I might have used it a few years ago when I used threads other than this one.
Warnock :lol: With FFP regulations getting stricter from next season, aren't Forest ****ed if they don't get promoted?
Original post by sr90
Warnock :lol: With FFP regulations getting stricter from next season, aren't Forest ****ed if they don't get promoted?

You'd assume so, but from what I've heard, various people at forest think FFP wouldn't stand up in court (something to do with restriction of business and some EU regulations) so have just ignored FFP on the basis that they don't need to pay attention to it.
Original post by Stiff Little Fingers
You'd assume so, but from what I've heard, various people at forest think FFP wouldn't stand up in court (something to do with restriction of business and some EU regulations) so have just ignored FFP on the basis that they don't need to pay attention to it.

What a joke of a club.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Christ that dinosaur Warnock is coming back to play football is he.

So Wickham ends his unsuccessful spell at Leeds, serves that tail Poyet right as he should have let him stay here. If they go down he'll be banging them when he starts.
Still absolutely buzzing from Saturday!

King Billy gets sacked, Warnock rules himself out after meetings with Fawaz and Lee Peltier does a u-turn on a proposed move there. The circus continues...

BjXva1KCUAAbXLg.jpg
Original post by Scott129
Still absolutely buzzing from Saturday!

King Billy gets sacked, Warnock rules himself out after meetings with Fawaz and Lee Peltier does a u-turn on a proposed move there. The circus continues...

BjXva1KCUAAbXLg.jpg

How's big Richard Keogh holding up these days?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 630
Zola odds-on favorite to be the next Forest manager. Deserves another job, nicest guy in football, must get it right this time though if it is him.
Original post by Midlander
How's big Richard Keogh holding up these days?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Very good. Started the season slowly and a lot of fans were calling for him to be dropped but, as soon as Mclaren came in, him and Jake Buxton at centre back have been outstanding. 6 clean sheets in the last 8 games speaks for itself really.

Seems like a nice guy as well. I always like listening to his interviews as well because you're guaranteed to hear a million cheesy football cliches too :lol:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Scott129
Very good. Started the season slowly and a lot of fans were calling for him to be dropped but, as soon as Mclaren came in, him and Jake Buxton at centre back have been outstanding. 6 clean sheets in the last 8 games speaks for itself really.

Seems like a nice guy as well. I always like listening to his interviews as well because you're guaranteed to hear a million cheesy football cliches too :lol:

Good stuff, and I agree, a decent bloke who's done well for himself at Derby. So frustrating to see so many of the players we've let go, even relatively recently, who've become solid Championship and PL players.
Reply 633
Has Zola ever been successful as a manager? Good player and a decent chap but doesn't really seem up to management from his previous experience. I can see why Forest sacked Billy Davies, sort of - I'd imagine that all the teams above them barring QPR have smaller budgets. I like Warnock because of his Plymouth connection but I think he's a bit outdated as a manager: the best unattached manager I can think of is Chris Powell but with the limited options at this stage I'd have kept Davies, a lot of injuries for Forest in this bad run too.

Big derby for us at home to Exeter tomorrow evening. We're expected to win so I'm bricking it even more:tongue:
I thought Warnock retired from football management after Leeds?

Bournemouth tomorrow, who are actually above us in the table :facepalm:
Reply 635
Original post by PAFCStan
Has Zola ever been successful as a manager? Good player and a decent chap but doesn't really seem up to management from his previous experience. I can see why Forest sacked Billy Davies, sort of - I'd imagine that all the teams above them barring QPR have smaller budgets. I like Warnock because of his Plymouth connection but I think he's a bit outdated as a manager: the best unattached manager I can think of is Chris Powell but with the limited options at this stage I'd have kept Davies, a lot of injuries for Forest in this bad run too.

Big derby for us at home to Exeter tomorrow evening. We're expected to win so I'm bricking it even more:tongue:

His work at Watford in the first season was nothing short of phenomenal in my opinion, with so many different players it was hard to make them gel in with the Championship as quick as he did, so to finish where we did was great, messing up promotion twice. Second season, was a mixture of his inability to play with more than one style and also a poor Director Of Football, the same DoF he had at West Ham. Should he steer clear of Gianluca 'Sign Everyone' Nani's transfers, he will stand a better chance. Nani is the Emile Heskey of Directors of Football.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well done Leeds, 2-0 down after 20 minutes. :grumble:

Edit: 3-0 after 30 minutes. What the **** is going on?
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Silver Arrows
Well done Leeds, 2-0 down after 20 minutes. :grumble:

Edit: 3-0 after 30 minutes. What the **** is going on?

Yeovil beating the King Prawns away too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
And Super Leeds are ****.

I can't even enjoy Man Utd or Leice$ter getting beat because those overpaid clowns in white ruin it.

And Leicester get a last minute equaliser. What a **** night.
Kasper :love:

Really poor tbh - absolutely dominated (near 70% possession and 29 shots) but we need to be far more clinical. A last minute header from the keeper should not be needed when the match is that imbalanced.

Quick Reply