The Student Room Group
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham

University of Birmingham 2014 Applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1200
How many of you guys got an unconditional offer? I got a conditional one and am afraid that i won't meet these requirements - will they reject me even when the difference will be very little?
University of Birmingham
University of Birmingham
Birmingham
I've got an offer of A B B for Biochemistry :biggrin:
I got an unconditional for ancient history which I have accepted. The only way you will know whether they will accept you will be when you have the results. If you have just missed they may still accept but who knows what you might do. Just keep going. Good Luck!
Reply 1203
ENGLISH AND DRAMA HELP
I have firmed Birmingham for English lit and drama but everytime I ring up student finance it's saying the course doesn't exist and that they haven't updated the database !!:frown: is anyone else having this problem?!
Reply 1204
Just applied for accommodation!
1. Victoria halls - ensuite phase 3
2. Jarrett halls - ensuite
3. Tennis courts - ensuite
4. Elgar court - ensuite

Hopefully i get victoria halls!! If anyone has pictures of a phase 3 ensuite room please post/ pm them to me!
Reply 1205
Original post by Tinwe13
How many of you guys got an unconditional offer? I got a conditional one and am afraid that i won't meet these requirements - will they reject me even when the difference will be very little?

I got one for history and English lit, but for conditional offers, I've heard that even if they ask for AAB and you get ABB, they may still let you in, but I suppose it depends on how many people got the grades they needed in summer, if not many did, then they'll probably accept more people with slightly lower grades, etc :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by hanjf
ENGLISH AND DRAMA HELP
I have firmed Birmingham for English lit and drama but everytime I ring up student finance it's saying the course doesn't exist and that they haven't updated the database !!:frown: is anyone else having this problem?!

I've done mine and Its all gone through under the course 'DRAMA/ENGLISH' and Ive had my offer of finance and everything since so i think thats the one to click! :smile:
Reply 1207
Original post by brettgmason
I've done mine and Its all gone through under the course 'DRAMA/ENGLISH' and Ive had my offer of finance and everything since so i think thats the one to click! :smile:

Can I ask you what code you put in please? They're saying WQ43 doesn't exist :frown: I'm so confused why it's just not working for me?!
Reply 1208
I'll be studying History and Education joint honours :smile: x
Reply 1209
Original post by Dazzadude
Nope, was education. Cool, I'm a bit poo at maths lol. What did you think of uni?

Are you going to study Education in September 2014 at Birmingham? I've accepted an unconditional to study History and Education joint honours :smile:
How urgent is it in terms of applying for accomodation?
Reply 1211
Original post by n00bfi
How urgent is it in terms of applying for accomodation?

first come first served it is urgent
Reply 1212
I applied for the MA in Translation Studies (distance learning) and I got a conditional offer, which was actually just about posting the official documents :smile:
Original post by hanjf
Can I ask you what code you put in please? They're saying WQ43 doesn't exist :frown: I'm so confused why it's just not working for me?!

I can't remember what code i put, sorry :frown: phone up the uni?
Reply 1214
Original post by brettgmason
I can't remember what code i put, sorry :frown: phone up the uni?

I've done that too, they just keep saying that it does exist and that student finance should be able to find it:frown:
Original post by rosie121
Are you going to study Education in September 2014 at Birmingham? I've accepted an unconditional to study History and Education joint honours :smile:

Cool, I've got a conditional offer but hopefully if I get the grades, yeah, will be studying education in September 2014 :smile:
Reply 1216
When do you start applying for accommodation? Do you have till firming on UCAS and if so where do you get the details from? So behind with all this, also how do you sort out finances? Sorry for sounding clueless it's just our school hasn't really kept us updated so little confused! Anyone with any advice please message me :smile: thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1217
Hey!
I've got a conditional offer of AAB for BA geography with a year of international study. This is my dream university and dream course! The only thing is I don't think I'm going to meet the conditions, I'm studying geography psychology and English, and am more likely to get ABB.
I've got a conditional offer from Manchester for AB and a pass at welsh baccalaureate, which is much more achievable!
However I really don't want to decline UOB! I'm not sure what to do, as Manchester are flexible and quoted in the offer letter that they'll do their best to find you a place even if you don't meet the conditions!
Does anyone know where UOB stand if you don't meet the conditions? Are they flexible with trying to place you on a similar course etc?
I don't want to decline Birmingham, but there's also no point putting it as my insurance if I get into Manchester! But also don't want to put Manchester as insurance as if unforeseeable circumstances arise and I don't meet the conditions when they see it's my insurance they may not try and place me on a course!
If anyone has any idea about the flexibility UOB have on results day i'd really appreciate it!
Reply 1218
I received conditional offer for adult nursing today...:colondollar: thank God! is there anyone for adult nursing course this year cuz am so confused on accommodation wise.
Original post by booth96
Hey!
I've got a conditional offer of AAB for BA geography with a year of international study. This is my dream university and dream course! The only thing is I don't think I'm going to meet the conditions, I'm studying geography psychology and English, and am more likely to get ABB.
I've got a conditional offer from Manchester for AB and a pass at welsh baccalaureate, which is much more achievable!
However I really don't want to decline UOB! I'm not sure what to do, as Manchester are flexible and quoted in the offer letter that they'll do their best to find you a place even if you don't meet the conditions!
Does anyone know where UOB stand if you don't meet the conditions? Are they flexible with trying to place you on a similar course etc?
I don't want to decline Birmingham, but there's also no point putting it as my insurance if I get into Manchester! But also don't want to put Manchester as insurance as if unforeseeable circumstances arise and I don't meet the conditions when they see it's my insurance they may not try and place me on a course!
If anyone has any idea about the flexibility UOB have on results day i'd really appreciate it!

I don't know how flexible they are, but if it really is your dream uni, firm Birmingham! I've been left in the position where I want to go there so much that I would hate to go to my insurance uni, but if I don't meet my offer grades, I'll just reapply next year. If you want it that much, then it's worth doing :smile: and in my opinion, uni costs too much these days for you to be going somewhere you don't want to go!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending