The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I got an interview for IoE and Kings for secondary maths. Im really happy :smile:
To anyone who hasn't been successful this year and is interested in working in the East Midlands/East of England area - I just had an email about this scheme - You get paid and you get a PGCE by the end of it too:

www.dret.co.uk/careers/challenge-teach-graduate-scheme

Might be worth a go! x
Reply 5742
Original post by Red Lightning
I got an interview for IoE and Kings for secondary maths. Im really happy :smile:

Good luck! I'm going to Ioe secondary maths next year :smile:
For those who have recently sat the numeracy skills test, would you say it was easier or harder than the practise papaers/numeracy ready?
Reply 5744
Original post by Amy Williams
For those who have recently sat the numeracy skills test, would you say it was easier or harder than the practise papaers/numeracy ready?

I didn't do numeracy ready, but I found the actual numeracy test much easier than the practise tests online. Having said that, I did do the practise tests in a noisy/disruptive environment, so that could have something to do with it. I'd say that if you've done the 4 practise tests and passed them, you're pretty well prepared for the actual test.
Original post by Amy Williams

Hi Amy, I found it easier and lots of others did too. I promise you, if you are passing the practice tests and numeracy ready, you will be fine! Good luck xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5746
Original post by Esmeralda4
Oh good. Fingers crossed! :-)

How long did it take for you to get a response from derby? :smile: they didnt really specify how long we would be waiting...just said within 40 days...
Reply 5747
Original post by MS90
How long did it take for you to get a response from derby? :smile: they didnt really specify how long we would be waiting...just said within 40 days...

It was between Xmas hols so we had our interviews 17th December and I didn't find out until 13th January... so it will probs be quicker for you :smile:
Original post by MS90

What sbxox said! Though I don't remember the dates. :-P You should find out pretty soon, I reckon.
Original post by womanonamission
Hi Amy, I found it easier and lots of others did too. I promise you, if you are passing the practice tests and numeracy ready, you will be fine! Good luck xx

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks guys that makes me feel a lot better! A lot of people on the Skills test thread have mentioned how they found it a lot harder and a lot more different to the practise tests which is making me really nervous as some have failed because of this! Maybe some tests are harder than others?
Reply 5750
Original post by Esmeralda4
What sbxox said! Though I don't remember the dates. :-P You should find out pretty soon, I reckon.

Thank youuu...its all good anyway...i got my reply today!!ill be joining you at derbyyyyy :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: got an unconditional offer!!wooooo
Reply 5751
Original post by sbxox
It was between Xmas hols so we had our interviews 17th December and I didn't find out until 13th January... so it will probs be quicker for you :smile:

Thanks for the help :tongue: i got my offer today :smile: so less than a week after my interview!very quick turnaround haha
Original post by MS90
Thank youuu...its all good anyway...i got my reply today!!ill be joining you at derbyyyyy :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: got an unconditional offer!!wooooo

Yaaaay! Congrats!!
There is a Facebook group if you want to join. Will post link when I'm home, unless someone else does first. Haha. :-)
Reply 5753
Original post by MS90
Thanks for the help :tongue: i got my offer today :smile: so less than a week after my interview!very quick turnaround haha

Well done! will see you in September :smile::smile:
Original post by MS90

As promised: https://www.facebook.com/groups/694723560549828/
Reply 5755

Ive attempted to join the group..hopefully they let me into it haha :tongue:
Reply 5756
Original post by sbxox
Well done! will see you in September :smile::smile:

Original post by Angel8907
Hi there, I'm doing a PGCE at London Met! Are you?? :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I am also doing a PGCE in September at London Met! :smile:
Original post by bittersweet16
Anyone going to do a PGCE at London Met??

I am :smile: I start in September. Are you also going to do a PGCE at London Met?
Original post by mitisha93
I am :smile: I start in September. Are you also going to do a PGCE at London Met?

Congratulations! I am too! What subject?? :-)

Latest

Trending

Trending