The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Boab
Ah YES but propaganda like that video works. Maybe the NO campaign will realise that positive is what people want to hear. Probably not!

Not a fan of John Barrowman :lol:?
Reply 7001
Original post by Cryptographic
Quite frankly the Scots should have a significant say in the UK GE, but when they don't always get their way, and a region 10x larger mostly does, Scotland shouldn't moan, I hate to break it to the cyber-nats but without the UK, Scotland would have a tiny roe in world politics comparatively.

'I hate to break it to....'

The condescending argument of a ten year old!

Will Scotland have a permanent seat on the UN Security Council? of course not, and no cyber-nat on the planet (I hope) would argue anything of the sort.

We want and need simpler things, like not being dragged into illegal wars and having nuclear weapons on our doorsteps.
Reply 7002
Original post by TheBugle
Not a fan of John Barrowman :lol:?

This is a valid point too. The YES side usually get positive performances out of their propaganda. The NO side..... oh dear!
Original post by Boab

Will Scotland have a permanent seat on the UN Security Council? of course not, and no cyber-nat on the planet (I hope) would argue anything of the sort.

We want and need simpler things, like not being dragged into illegal wars and having nuclear weapons on our doorsteps.

Which illegal wars are you talking about?
Original post by Boab

I find the way the UK holds onto this idea of "british imperialism" pathetic. Especially considering the amount of money spent on trying to prove to people we are still a "world power".
Reply 7005
Original post by MatureStudent36

Very good! :wink:
Original post by Cryptographic
Quite frankly the Scots should have a significant say in the UK GE, but when they don't always get their way, and a region 10x larger mostly does, Scotland shouldn't moan, I hate to break it to the cyber-nats but without the UK, Scotland would have a tiny roe in world politics comparatively.

Aye ok mate...so for arguments sake...if the UK voted to take all property in Scotland and transfer it to English residents...it would be ok because "the larger" bit voted for it so we shouldn't moan! Are you even listening to yourself.

I honestly don't give two jots about our world role. Who actually cares about being the "biggest and loudest" in world politics?. I want a Scotland that voluntarily gets rid of its nuclear weapons. KNown for that...and not how big our army is, is what I want Scotland to be known for.
Reply 7007
So Murray didn't actually break britain's record of not winning wimbledon in 70 years or so? And so now he doesn't play for gb?
Original post by VladThe1mpaler
I find the way the UK holds onto this idea of "british imperialism" pathetic. Especially considering the amount of money spent on trying to prove to people we are still a "world power".

The UK is still a world power.

You may be trying to push this anti imperialistic rhetoric as it feeds your own warped opinion on the way of the world. But you seem to forget that Salmonds trying to feed off this. Why do you think he wants to keep the £ and stay in NATO.
Original post by conf
So Murray didn't actually break britain's record of not winning wimbledon in 70 years or so? And so now he doesn't play for gb?

Scotland will always be in Britain, britain is an island. The referendum is 18th september...it hasn't happened yet...so why wouldn't he play in team GB for "now"?....nobody is saying that. Seriously the rUK are a country mile behind in this debate. Catch up!

Jesus...
Original post by 1tartanarmy
Aye ok mate...so for arguments sake...if the UK voted to take all property in Scotland and transfer it to English residents...it would be ok because "the larger" bit voted for it so we shouldn't moan! Are you even listening to yourself.

I honestly don't give two jots about our world role. Who actually cares about being the "biggest and loudest" in world politics?. I want a Scotland that voluntarily gets rid of its nuclear weapons. KNown for that...and not how big our army is, is what I want Scotland to be known for.

You do realise that most Scots don't give two hoots about trident?

Amazingly though the SNP is pushing the nato nuclear line, yet still wanting to be protected under NATOs nuclear umbrella.
Reply 7012
Scotland will always be in Britain, britain is an island. The referendum is 18th september...it hasn't happened yet...so why wouldn't he play in team GB for "now"?....nobody is saying that. Seriously the rUK are a country mile behind in this debate. Catch up!

Oh sorry, I actually don't get this very well. Thanks for the correction. :tongue:
Jesus...

Which ones?

Amazingly though the SNP is pushing the nato nuclear line, yet still wanting to be protected under NATOs nuclear umbrella.

I don't think Scots would want to spend 100 billion pounds on replacing trident...I don't think Scots agree to dumping mkre waste in our waters.

SNP? Wrong again. The Yes campaign involves multiple parties...that include the greens and a branch of Labour amongst others.

24 odd out of 28 nato members don't possess or agree with nuclear weapons.
I don't think Scots would want to spend 100 billion pounds on replacing trident...I don't think Scots agree to dumping mkre waste in our waters.

SNP? Wrong again. The Yes campaign involves multiple parties...that include the greens and a branch of Labour amongst others.

We're not being asked to spend that kind of money.

The greens are hardly a significant force, neither are the mythical labour for independence.
Reply 7017
Which ones?

Jesus Christ probably :tongue:
The UK is still a world power.

You may be trying to push this anti imperialistic rhetoric as it feeds your own warped opinion on the way of the world. But you seem to forget that Salmonds trying to feed off this. Why do you think he wants to keep the £ and stay in NATO.

Who cares if we are anyways? How does that make my daily life any better than someone not in a "world power"... swedes, danes, dutch etc...they survive pretty well.

"I want to live in a world power" is the saddest thing I hear from unionists... this isn't the dark ages here....

Well we use the pound...and have been for like ever...thats probably why. NATO helps with defence...he doesn't want us to die...thats probably why.... are you for real?
24 odd out of 28 nato members don't possess or agree with nuclear weapons.

All are protected by them.

Several of those host them and will deliver them as well.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nuclear_sharing

Latest

Trending

Trending