The Student Room Group

Liverpool Medicine (A100) Applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by blinky96
Are there any present Liverpool Med students who could answer a question for me?

I am in the fortunate position of having more than one offer and now need to choose between Liverpool and BSMS with a decision still to come from Bristol.

The only thing putting me off Liverpool is the approach to Anatomy - can ask if there is any dissection at all?

Thanks

No dissection they use prosection
Reply 1501
Rejection. 4/4 this is ****ing horrible
OFFER!!!! can't believe it :smile: Came in at 16:05 through track.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1503
Original post by hjward
Rejection. 4/4 this is ****ing horrible

Oh god :frown: Im sorry mate. Did it just come through?
Reply 1504
OFFER!!! Track update at 16:05
Reply 1505
Congrats to all those who have received offers:smile:. Good luck to all those still waiting!
Reply 1506
Original post by Metiosa
Oh god :frown: Im sorry mate. Did it just come through?

Yeah, 4:05. Will obviously try to do well regardless and reapply but that's not feeling easy atm lol
After 11 rejections for Medicine over 3 years, it feels so surreal to finally have an offer, constantly refreshing track to see if it's still there lol
Reply 1508
Reply 1509

Awww... I'm so sorry :frown: I was routing for you!!! Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1510
Original post by sm2014
Awww... I'm so sorry :frown: I was routing for you!!! Perhaps it's a blessing in disguise!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Awh thanks, I'm absolutely gutted can't stop crying. Anyhow, good luck I'll keep my fingers crossed for you

Posted from TSR Mobile
Sorry to everyone with rejections. I just have a few questions to ask for offer holders:
-When do we get sent the health questionnaire/DBS check: after we've firmed?
-Is it ok to apply for accommodation in a couple of weeks rather than right away?
-Which accommodation area do the medics tend to go for?
Reply 1512
Original post by deed1224
No I've called and asked i even tried to get on to their discovery days that they hold for other subjects but they said they don't handle medicine. But apparently you can book private campus and accommodation tours but I kind of wanted to meet other offer holders.

Awh, that's really annoying. Same really. I wanted to meet others and talk to them about accommodation because I have no idea where to choose. Theyve said to apply as soon as possible but I haven't had chance to visit the accommodation.
Original post by seag
Awh, that's really annoying. Same really. I wanted to meet others and talk to them about accommodation because I have no idea where to choose. Theyve said to apply as soon as possible but I haven't had chance to visit the accommodation.

How do we apply for accommodation? Is something sent to us when we firm the offer?
Original post by Student 1
How do we apply for accommodation? Is something sent to us when we firm the offer?

I firmed mine yesterday and haven't had anything through yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by charlotteallan95
I firmed mine yesterday and haven't had anything through yet!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok thanks! I'm still waiting on 1 post-interview decision: planning on firming here anyway but want to know how the interview went anyway. Just worried I'll run out of time and get my last choice accommodation..
Original post by Student 1
Ok thanks! I'm still waiting on 1 post-interview decision: planning on firming here anyway but want to know how the interview went anyway. Just worried I'll run out of time and get my last choice accommodation..

Good luck! 😄 yeah it's stressful...especially as people on other courses have been able to apply way before we have! I'm hoping they email all offer holders soon with accommodation info!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I got an offer last week and today I received a letter from the uni. There was no information about the uni or any forms to fill out, i'm guessing that will come if we firm Liverpool?
Reply 1518
Original post by Cutaneoplast™
Ah, fair point. :smile: But social life is what you make of it. Those who live on Campus have active social lives too.

It's only a bus ride away to other student halls anyway. I guess on Campus accommodation e.g. Prospect, Vine, Crown, etc. is only for those who want en-suite option, prefer to be closer to City Centre (13 mins by walk), minutes walk from lecture theatres. It's not for everyone.

I hope they place you in the most social student hall here. All the best with your application.

I was just rejected actually, so no accommodation necessary. Thanks though.
Reply 1519
Has any international applicant received an offer/rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending