The Student Room Group

University NightLife London

Hey guys,

I go to Uni in London, so if any of you have any questions about University Night Life in London - and the student nights that are available let me know and I can show you a few tricks of the trade! If your thinking of coming to a London University but are put off because you think it will be too expensive... have no FEAR! its only if you don't know the ropes! There are still Student nights going on in London until June time - so if you are over 18 and want to experience it and try it out, you can do!

If any of you have any questions please feel free to ask! I remember what it was like when I first came to Kings in London and I kinda wish that someone would have just given me a little insight...

Hope your all OK :biggrin:

LOVE LOVE!

Saisssss xoxoxoxoxoxoxox
Reply 1
Where are all the clubs situated in London? I've heard they're all spread out from the centre and it's a pain travelling to and from them....
Reply 2
Hiya, right it basically depends what kind of night you would like to go to - If you like your underground music - best places to hit are Cargo, Ministry of Sound and Fabric... (Fabric is my personal fav) You can get the tube up until 12.30am during the week and 1am on a Saturday. There are night buses which run constantly throughout the night. However if you like your main stream music then Leicester square / Piccadilly circus is the best place. There are LOTS of bars and clubs all within a 5 minute walking distance (be careful when wondering around here as street teamers will try and rip you off! best thing to do is go to the door. HOWEVER Friday and Saturday nights are SOO expensive! I have found this GREAT student deal where you can go to the following clubs on a friday night for £7! (Ruby Blue, Verve, Penthouse, Tiger Tiger, Piccadilly Institute and Zoo bar. You collect a wristband from Ruby blue and this entitles you to go around all the clubs (free entry until 1am!) and show your wristband at the bar and its STUDENT drinks prices! on a FRIDAY night!!! www.cantstayin.co.uk if you would like to check it out! All Universities in London have their own SU's aswell which most people hang out (and its a LOT cheaper than going to your local pub or bar!) but its not a pain if you know where you want to go. The travel in London is better than in other cities because at least you can get a night bus home instead of paying for a taxi. Although London seems like a HUGE city, once you get to know it, its not that big and its quite easy to find your way around :smile: xx
Hey, girlfriend is going to be going to a london uni. i hope to be joining her but that wont be for another year, wanting a bit of reassurance, how safe is the nightlife down there? last thing i want is her getting spiked and.. well you know where that goes

any spots that she should definitely avoid and any tips for her to stay safe and still have fun while down there
Original post by Averageguybot101
Hey, girlfriend is going to be going to a london uni. i hope to be joining her but that wont be for another year, wanting a bit of reassurance, how safe is the nightlife down there? last thing i want is her getting spiked and.. well you know where that goes

any spots that she should definitely avoid and any tips for her to stay safe and still have fun while down there

Dude, she is gona bang so many guys by the time you get to London
Original post by tonymcdonald
Dude, she is gona bang so many guys by the time you get to London

Don't talk crap, how do you know what she's like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply 6
Hi Sarah what university do you go to I want to go a london university but some of them say they are IN london when really they are just outside london. Also what are the best student nights during the week?
Original post by Staceyc1990
Don't talk crap, how do you know what she's like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cos i banged her last night - gave her what her boyfriend could only dream of
Original post by tonymcdonald
cos i banged her last night - gave her what her boyfriend could only dream of

Charming.
Reply 9
Original post by Sarah-London
Hey guys,

I go to Uni in London, so if any of you have any questions about University Night Life in London - and the student nights that are available let me know and I can show you a few tricks of the trade! If your thinking of coming to a London University but are put off because you think it will be too expensive... have no FEAR! its only if you don't know the ropes! There are still Student nights going on in London until June time - so if you are over 18 and want to experience it and try it out, you can do!

If any of you have any questions please feel free to ask! I remember what it was like when I first came to Kings in London and I kinda wish that someone would have just given me a little insight...

Hope your all OK :biggrin:

LOVE LOVE!

Saisssss xoxoxoxoxoxoxox

Im gonna be starting with my semester in september at westminster marylebone haha bit nervous oh and yeah about nightlife i just cant wait to reach there!
Personally I find the London nightlife to be pretty terrible from experience. If you want to go and study somewhere with a good nightlife try Manchester, Liverpool or Newcastle. Bosh.
I'm planning on going to Uni of West London this September. Would you say it's close enough to the centre of London to get in on the night life there? I'm worried it might be too far? The uni is based in Ealing
Planning to go to university of Roehampton, not from London so I don't know how far way it is from nightlife :frown:((

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending