The Student Room Group

a level choices

anyone doing law at uni/ hoping to do so, could you please tell me which a levels you did/doing?

and offer me some general advice on which subjects are best to do?
Reply 1
History and English Literature and the best ones to go for, and then anything else you want to do outside of that, though aim for "traditional" more respected subjects if you wish to apply to a top uni. Languages are also good (I may be biased :3)
Reply 2
Original post by AlphaNick
Pfff.... any combination works fine as long as you've got something like History, Lit, etc...

okay thankyou, I'm 100% on english lit and spanish, and 99% on history, its just to decide my final subject from:

psychology
business&economics
politics
maths
rs

the only two out of them that I've done before are maths and rs, and i slightly prefer rs and think i may do better, however I'm aware maths is by far the best respected, what would you suggest?
Reply 3
Original post by Paralove
History and English Literature and the best ones to go for, and then anything else you want to do outside of that, though aim for "traditional" more respected subjects if you wish to apply to a top uni. Languages are also good (I may be biased :3)

okay thankyou, I'm 100% on english lit and spanish, and 99% on history, its just to decide my final subject from:

psychology
business&economics
politics
maths
rs

the only two out of them that I've done before are maths and rs, and i slightly prefer rs and think i may do better, however I'm aware maths is by far the best respected, what would you suggest?
Reply 4
I did sociology, history, English language and literature and government and politics. But really is any combination, definitely don't feel the need to do law. I was always told writing subjects to demonstrate your writing skills.
As long as you've got at least one and preferably two academic, essay-based subjects, you should be fine as long as you get the grades. History and/or English are the two common ones suggested but any of the more mainstream humanities/social sciences are fine as well. Contrary to popular belief Law A-level is also fine, but preferably with another essay-based subject to go with it.
Reply 6
Law is a flexible course which usually do not have any universal subject requirements.

My classmate got into Cambridge with pure sciences, whilst another got in a very good uni (Bristol i think) with Maths, english language and french.
Reply 7
Original post by Theflyingbarney
As long as you've got at least one and preferably two academic, essay-based subjects, you should be fine as long as you get the grades. History and/or English are the two common ones suggested but any of the more mainstream humanities/social sciences are fine as well. Contrary to popular belief Law A-level is also fine, but preferably with another essay-based subject to go with it.

thank you for your advice x
Reply 8
Original post by Jkizer
Law is a flexible course which usually do not have any universal subject requirements.

My classmate got into Cambridge with pure sciences, whilst another got in a very good uni (Bristol i think) with Maths, english language and french.

okay thankyou x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending