The Student Room Group

Barts and The London medicine applicants 2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3200
Original post by hello101
Thank you for your reply ...
Its very interesting .... Do you min sharing a little more info like ur background ( a level ; gap year ; grad) ,
If you have heard back anything ( please let me know either way )
And if you have what exactly have you heard back ...

Many thanks to people who have already replied ... Please keep answering the question ;
If u can remember back to your interviews and remember whether your interviewer didn't ask questions about ur ps / reference
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

i wasn't asked anything from PS or reference just generic questions + article. on a gap year and was rejected monday
(null)
Thank you for ur reply it is really helpful ...
I am sorry to hear about ur rejection...
I was also rejected ;-(

People plze keep replying to my query

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, is it more likely that those of us who've not heard from Barts about our A100 outomes, are accepted rather than rejected? I've not heard from them yet. Hope to hear from them tomorrow (Thursday)!!
Reply 3203
Thank you for your reply ...
Its very interesting .... Do you min sharing a little more info like ur background ( a level ; gap year ; grad) ,
If you have heard back anything ( please let me know either way )
And if you have what exactly have you heard back ...

Many thanks to people who have already replied ... Please keep answering the question ;
If u can remember back to your interviews and remember whether your interviewer didn't ask questions about ur ps / reference
Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sure. I'm a year 13. Applied for A100. Got rejected yesterday. Thought my interview went well as well so was very disappointing.
Original post by Momberly
Sure. I'm a year 13. Applied for A100. Got rejected yesterday. Thought my interview went well as well so was very disappointing.

Thanks for your reply

Ah sorry to hear about ur rejection ...

Happened to me as well ...

...people please keep replying o my query if they could remeber that their interviewers didnt ask any questions on ps and reference at the interview ...
Please also share ur background ( eg a level / gap / grad etc) and if u have heard back ( postivie / negative / nothin )
Many many thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by trisectedangle
Hey guys, is it more likely that those of us who've not heard from Barts about our A100 outomes, are accepted rather than rejected? I've not heard from them yet. Hope to hear from them tomorrow (Thursday)!!

I would say more chance of getting an offer because barts has already handed out so many rejections. But only time will tell. Is it just me or is it true that Barts is rejecting more people that it is giving offers?
Original post by 2272
I wasn't asked anything on my ps. + I didn't speak out my work experience once throughout my interview, because they never asked me.
But I was fortunate enough to get an offer (yr 13) so I think they were less harsh on me compared to the graduates. But I think my article went really well which is what saved me, I think.
Why are you asking, if you don't mind me asking :P

Ah first of congratulations and thank you for your reply....

Hmm.. This is quite unique but I am not surprised if your article went well as most things can be taken from the ps and reference anyway jus by reading...

I am asking because this approach felt like a really strange ........for obvious reasons

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by 2272
I wasn't asked anything on my ps. + I didn't speak out my work experience once throughout my interview, because they never asked me.
But I was fortunate enough to get an offer (yr 13) so I think they were less harsh on me compared to the graduates. But I think my article went really well which is what saved me, I think.
Why are you asking, if you don't mind me asking :P

Just because you weren't asked specifically about work experience, doesn't mean you don't talk about it. The best candidates are ones who can link the questions they give with your work experience and reflect upon them.
Keep the faith everyone :smile:
Original post by jack_smith969
Just because you weren't asked specifically about work experience, doesn't mean you don't talk about it. The best candidates are ones who can link the questions they give with your work experience and reflect upon them.

No you are right and clearly they must have said something which warranted an offer...
This is not the point I am considering at all but I am drawing a conclusion which I am reluctant to share at the moment for the exact reason that it will be misunderstood right now... So it's best to ignore the reasoning behind the questions for now

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3210
(null)
Thank you for ur reply it is really helpful ...
I am sorry to hear about ur rejection...
I was also rejected ;-(

People plze keep replying to my query

Posted from TSR Mobile

i remember thinking after the interview that it's clear they had not read my ps. I talked a little about work experience with respect to the article. I'm a year 13 and they decided to give me an offer so I think the article must have gone well.
Thanks for your reply

Ah sorry to hear about ur rejection ...

Happened to me as well ...

...people please keep replying o my query if they could remeber that their interviewers didnt ask any questions on ps and reference at the interview ...
Please also share ur background ( eg a level / gap / grad etc) and if u have heard back ( postivie / negative / nothin )
Many many thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey! I'm an international student. they actually came to HK to conduct their interviews. they told me that they were asking everyone the same set of questions that day. so I wasn't asked about my personal statement.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3212

Many many thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm a gap year student with an offer from Bart's.
I was asked about my ps in my interview as I am a national + international level ice skater, they wanted to know how I could bring what I had learnt from this into a medical career. They also asked about my work experience.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3213
Any skl leavers with a levels with offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Minnerz
Any skl leavers with a levels with offers?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah there were few in the beginning but haven't seen any after Friday.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok ; this is very interesting for me ....
Firstly thank you for your response and secondly i am wondering if you have heard back if so would u share this and whether it was positive or negative ; also a little about your background ( a level / graduate / gap year )

People please keep replying to my question ... Whether they could remember of their interviewers didn't ask anything with regrads to ps and reference...

Posted from TSR Mobile

I haven't heard anything yet! Just out of curiousity have many other a level or gap year students heard back?
Also, am I at a disadvantage for not being questioned about my personal statement?
Original post by jameshugh
I haven't heard anything yet! Just out of curiousity have many other a level or gap year students heard back?
Also, am I at a disadvantage for not being questioned about my personal statement?

Are you an A level year 13 student or re applicant?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3217
When I applied to A100 last year, I remember Barts had a very clear pattern. They gave grad offers first. Then gap students. Then A-level students. Then rejections.
Original post by oz40
When I applied to A100 last year, I remember Barts had a very clear pattern. They gave grad offers first. Then gap students. Then A-level students. Then rejections.

Yeah but this year they seem to follow no pattern. I have seen more rejections than offers.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Let Momo formally open today's Barts thread with a 'Hello'

Less than two and a half hours until our fate is decided.

Let the games begin folk!
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending