The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by xDave-
Can you speak the England good?

FIND OUT HERE: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/T2Z6V32
(takes like 5 mins, unless you don't england good)

#Survey4Survey I'll do yours if you do mine :biggrin:

Done! If you are a smoker please could you spare a few mins to complete mine? It would be much appreciated!
Thanks!
www.attopsmoking.com
Reply 2
Original post by BecBec1315
Done! If you are a smoker please could you spare a few mins to complete mine? It would be much appreciated!
Thanks!
www.attopsmoking.com

Thanks! I don't smoke, should I still do the survey?

And thanks to the two other people that did it! Any other takers? :biggrin:
Done sir. Interesting Dissertation. Whats the title and what are your aims?
Reply 4
Original post by StudentGuy9
Done sir. Interesting Dissertation. Whats the title and what are your aims?

Thanks! I study linguistics, and I'm researching a certain type of sentence, but I can't tell you which in case someone googles it and sees the answers! It's quite tricky to explain what they are, but basically they trick you into thinking the sentence is going to say one thing - the thing you should expect - but then it actually says something else. It's to do with leaving certain words out and words having different forms and meanings.

There's loads of research been done on it that shows we can't understand these sentences at all, so I tried to modify them in a way that might make people able to process them. But still everyone seems to be getting it wrong :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Ahh! I did the survey about 8 mins ago. Did i get them all wrong? I honestly only thought 1, maybe 2 were tricky but obviously I'm a dumbooo lol.
Reply 6
Original post by StudentGuy9
Ahh! I did the survey about 8 mins ago. Did i get them all wrong? I honestly only thought 1, maybe 2 were tricky but obviously I'm a dumbooo lol.

A few people did it around that time, but they all got them wrong, so I guess so :tongue: But, like I said, our brain is designed to get them wrong, so it's not a bad thing!
Reply 7
I just did the survey... How bad?
Reply 8
Original post by thisworked
I just did the survey... How bad?

Well, two people just did it so I'm not sure which one was you, but they both got 3 wrong :tongue:

That's okay though, they were the three hard ones that you're expected to get wrong!

Thanks for doing it :smile:
Reply 9
I'm crushed :frown:
I'm confused, I thought I did them all right but after reading these comments I'm not so sure haha
Reply 11
Original post by peedie pixie
I'm confused, I thought I did them all right but after reading these comments I'm not so sure haha

If you tell me your age and language, I could try and figure out which answers are yours and how you did, if you want :tongue:

Thanks for doing it btw,
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 12
Done.
Reply 13
Original post by alow
Done.

Thanks!
I just did it and I'm curious to know how badly I did, lol.
Reply 15
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
I just did it and I'm curious to know how badly I did, lol.

What's your age and language? I can't tell you otherwise! There's a surprising amount of people doing it, so I can't just look at who was last :tongue:
Original post by xDave-
What's your age and language? I can't tell you otherwise! There's a surprising amount of people doing it, so I can't just look at who was last :tongue:

19, English. (and there's probably a horrible number of those doing it lol)
Reply 17
Original post by TheWorldEndsWithMe
19, English. (and there's probably a horrible number of those doing it lol)

Okay, got yours. You did a little bit better than most people. There are 3 designed in a way that'll make you get them wrong, but you only got two of them wrong :tongue:

If you want to know any more about it, I can message you on here. Can't discuss it in here heh.
Done - If you could spare 5-10 minutes on this survey ( "Liking" brands on Facebook ) I would be greatly appreciative -https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/B2DXDD8
Thanks in advance
Original post by xDave-
If you tell me your age and language, I could try and figure out which answers are yours and how you did, if you want :tongue:

Thanks for doing it btw,

My answer to that was "19, English" :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending