The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Just to lighten the mood a bit ; i went to a job interview today ( sales to see what exactly am I saying ) and started talking about medicine in my answer so i said i am suited to medicine because zyz ..... Lol obvious to say i didn't get the job as they asked me about why should i work for abcd company lol
we laughed about this later when i explained that i have lost my head coz of ucas ......

Lol i thought i would share this awesome experience

See ucas has scared me now lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
If all decisions are made by the end of this week and no one has heard today then that just leaves tomorrow?
Reply 4322
Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that you have been made a conditional offer of a place on the Medicine MBBS programme.

Got a clean sweep
:biggrin:
Reply 4323
Hi guys, I was wondering if any kings students are able to answer a few questions? They've possibly been asked before, so sorry if that's the case.

1) what's London like to live in? I know there's loads going on, but I've heard that it can be a bit antisocial. Is it easy to make friends etc?

2) What is the teaching/course actually like? I've heard that the teaching isn't great, is this fact or just down to opinion? General opinions on the course structure etc.

3) How much patient contact/clinical training is there in the first two years? I asked on the open day and they were a bit ambiguous. I know these are the "pre-clinical" years but it would be good to know perhaps in terms of days.

4) How often do you do dissection?

5) How bad are the living costs, actually. I've heard everything from "it's no worse than anywhere else excluding accomodation." to "don't bother if you're not Bill Gates' son."

Thanks very much in advance :smile:

Original post by Razer_M
Congratulations! We are pleased to inform you that you have been made a conditional offer of a place on the Medicine MBBS programme.

Got a clean sweep

Wooooooooooo!!! Well done :smile: see you in September!
Original post by Razer_M

Got a clean sweep

Many congratulations ......
Huge achievement .....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4326
Original post by Tee Logan x
Wooooooooooo!!! Well done :smile: see you in September!

Thank you! And congrats you too :wink:
(but won't be firming or insuring it tho :P )
Original post by hello101
Many congratulations ......
Huge achievement .....

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks man, I hope you get an offer so much..!!
Original post by Razer_M
(but won't be firming or insuring it tho :P )

Thanks man, I hope you get an offer so much..!!

Oh, my bad :colondollar: what are you going to firm and insure then? :smile:
Reply 4328
Original post by Tee Logan x
Oh, my bad :colondollar: what are you going to firm and insure then? :smile:

It's cool haha :tongue: Firming Cambridge and torn between UCL and ICSM for insurance!
Original post by Razer_M
It's cool haha :tongue: Firming Cambridge and torn between UCL and ICSM for insurance!

Wowzah!!! Well done man- i wish you all the best for your exams!
Reply 4330
Original post by Razer_M
(but won't be firming or insuring it tho :P

Hey, if you were so sure you didn't want kings then WHY didn't you withdraw and give someone else an opportunity. Not being funny but you had 3 offers and seems you already decided what you would firm/insure before your kings offer.

congratulations all the same :smile:
100% firming Kings now :biggrin:
Do rejections come through the portal or ucas? I'm so scared now 😓😓😓 trying to be as patient as I can!
I know this might sound a bit petty but if you're only insuring or rejecting kings please can you make your decisions on ucas now so there are more opportunities for others? :smile: just trying to grab what little places there are left!
Yea guys I know this is going to sound very selfish and I am extremely sorry for doing this but can I please please please request people who know where they want to go to confirm them as this will free up a few places .....BUT ONLY DO THIS IF YOU KNOW WHERRE U WANT TO GO... If you are not sure please try and do this as soon as you can ....I know you all have worked extremely hard to obtain a place and KCL has made you wait of so so long it is tempting to take your time but the thing is they won't really care ..... And it will be borderline people like me who will be rejected ......
I know it is your decision and this is just a polite request....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4335
Don't be discouraged by that one guy. There is something inherently obnoxious and pathetic about posting on multiple group pages about your success. If he needs to prove himself on an internet forum, he clearly does not have the professionalism or sophistication that you do. Don't freak out or beg for anything. You end up at a place that is best for you.
Reply 4336
Yea guys I know this is going to sound very selfish and I am extremely sorry for doing this but can I please please please request people who know where they want to go to confirm them as this will free up a few places .....BUT ONLY DO THIS IF YOU KNOW WHERRE U WANT TO GO... If you are not sure please try and do this as soon as you can ....I know you all have worked extremely hard to obtain a place and KCL has made you wait of so so long it is tempting to take your time but the thing is they won't really care ..... And it will be borderline people like me who will be rejected ......

Posted from TSR Mobile

You're the least selfish person on here hello101 :smile:

I doubt very much if they'll give more offers if people reject kings post offer. They are expecting that, that's why they give more offers than actual places. It probably would have been different if people withdrew before their offer this way their offer would have gone to someone else. I hope I'm making sense!
Has anyone who had their interview from Feb onwards and told that "they achieved a competitive score" heard back yet? I seem to be losing hope now :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

As much as you want it and I hope you get the offer because you obviously have shown the most commitment to it on here....other people rejecting it won't make a blind bit of difference to you getting an offer! They offer so many more people to actual space and will only accept you if they think you are good enough...if they don't want you first time, they won't take you if others drop out...it's not how it works :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by 0612
You're the least selfish person on here hello101 :smile:

I doubt very much if they'll give more offers if people reject kings post offer. They are expecting that, that's why they give more offers than actual places. It probably would have been different if people withdrew before their offer this way their offer would have gone to someone else. I hope I'm making sense!

Why thank u... And you are making sense but i would like to think if people post offer refuse kcl then they would jus go into their pot of maybe offers and therefore whilst they give offer to a maybe candidate ; an unsuccessful applicant gets added to the maybe pot and by some miracle ... a borderline candidate is looking at an offer ... I know i know i am a dreamer lol lol lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest