The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

King's College Medicine applicants 2014 entry

Scroll to see replies

Original post by callummj6747
As much as you want it and I hope you get the offer because you obviously have shown the most commitment to it on here....other people rejecting it won't make a blind bit of difference to you getting an offer! They offer so many more people to actual space and will only accept you if they think you are good enough...if they don't want you first time, they won't take you if others drop out...it's not how it works :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

You are right but i live in deluded lands at the moment ... Anything is possible ( not really ) ... I hope kcl saw how much i want it aswell lol lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Original post by hello101
You are right but i live in deluded lands at the moment ... Anything is possible ( not really ) ... I hope kcl saw how much i want it aswell lol lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

They're hopefully on here and offering you as we speak! If u get in I will buy you a beer in September in Guys Bar!

Posted from TSR Mobile
As much as you want it and I hope you get the offer because you obviously have shown the most commitment to it on here....other people rejecting it won't make a blind bit of difference to you getting an offer! They offer so many more people to actual space and will only accept you if they think you are good enough...if they don't want you first time, they won't take you if others drop out...it's not how it works :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ps they did this alot last year ... They rejected candidates post interview and then called them as spaces became available ....
Though i think they are trying to avoid this this year ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4343

Posted from TSR Mobile

They obviously pooled people for a reason otherwise those that got the "competitive score" email would have been rejected already. So it makes a huge difference! People withdrawing before offer means there's more of a chance for other people to get an offer.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4344
OFFER :biggrin: after long wait since late Nov.
They're hopefully on here and offering you as we speak! If u get in I will buy you a beer in September in Guys Bar!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looking forward to this .... Lolz ( see i am thinking positive for once ..... ) although this might be the cough syrup talking lol lol lol no way of knowing ....

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Just in

Woop woop woop ... Omg .... U deserve a medal for ur perseverance ..... U lil trooper u ...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Just in

Did you get your offer today?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4348
[QUOTE="hello101;46922289"]Woop woop woop ... Omg .... U deserve a medal for ur perseverance ..... U lil trooper u ...

Posted from TSR Mobile[/QUOTE

Thank you very much!
Reply 4349
Original post by RachHill
Did you get your offer today?

Posted from TSR Mobile

It was y'day.
Did the people with offers get an email saying something has changed on the portal?
Reply 4351
Whaaat? I didn't realise withdrawing would give people offers, didn't think it would make a difference..:dontknow:

Track is down atm..if you withdraw post offer will that work ??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ok guys let me clear this up:-)
Basically ur interview score is put in a spread sheet .
They then keep changing the cutt off point depending upon places / demand and their own projections ;

So if they make you an offer you reject it this increases the chances of going to the next lower interview cut off ...
But they need loads to move to the next cut off i.E ur score was 85 and you were given an offer and so was everyone else with 85 ... They would pool 80 and above 84 and above ;
Now you reject the offer so the place goes to the pooled candidate ...
They basically will probably have like a class width of score which will be a cut off i.e. 82-85 ... And once they have done all they can for this class wisth they move to the next class width etc...

This is all just speculation but explains everything ... This delay etc in my opinion ... I could be completely wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4353
Guys I had my interview on the 4th of March, not received anything about competitive score and 2 weeks ago was asked to reupload my passport but nothing since then! What does this mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4354
OFFERRRRR!!!!!! Cannot believe it!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Had the competitive score message and been waiting exactly 2 months for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile
So we'll all hear by today??? Seems unlikely :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Is anyone who has been accepted to Kings has also been accepted to Barts? I'm doubting between the two... Any comments?
Original post by Baa
OFFERRRRR!!!!!! Cannot believe it!!!! :biggrin: :biggrin:
Had the competitive score message and been waiting exactly 2 months for it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well done! If they are going in chronological order then I've been rejected
Reply 4358
Original post by Dr. Aco Malfoy
So we'll all hear by today??? Seems unlikely :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

From reading Kings 2013 Medicine thread some people received offers early April....please kings can't wait that long!
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 4359
stay positive guys! no news at this point is better than having bad news- at least you are still under consideration :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest